Mini Trophy Guide

TheBlaskar

1 minute ago, Baker said:

I just started a new game three times and I got the smoker three times. Good to know my terrible luck with RNG continues in this game then. 1f602.png I’ll try a few more times.

And thanks, I’ll probably figure most of the stuff out myself, but some help on info is always appreciated. 

hmm - that does seem too often to be just bad luck! Maybe it does force the same one in the first game, though I don’t recall that being the case…

…having said that - remember, it’s a roguelike, and those get much more substantive updates - it’s possible the early game has been changed a bit since I played? :hmm:

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

hmm - that does seem too often to be just bad luck! Maybe it does force the same one in the first game, though I don’t recall that being the case…

…having said that - remember, it’s a roguelike, and those get much more substantive updates - it’s possible the early game has been changed a bit since I played? :hmm:

So after 5 restarts now I got him 5 times. That can’t be bad luck anymore. I guess he will have to do. 

• Like 1

@DrBloodmoney

Okay. I got two more questions maybe you could answer.

So I finished the game on Hard Bastard without dying as for the last 3 parts needed I just build them all real quick and finished the game. Now what I want to do is download my back up save which is just before building the Transmitter and continue on Easy Peasy so I can keep all my junk parts.

What exactly is required to unlock the restrictions for the next playthroughs? Just beating the game? Or does it have to be on a specific difficulty?

Also do you think it’s possible to combine all restrictions in one playthrough? 

Thanks. ?

9 minutes ago, Baker said:

@DrBloodmoney

Okay. I got two more questions maybe you could answer.

So I finished the game on Hard Bastard without dying as for the last 3 parts needed I just build them all real quick and finished the game. Now what I want to do is download my back up save which is just before building the Transmitter and continue on Easy Peasy so I can keep all my junk parts.

What exactly is required to unlock the restrictions for the next playthroughs? Just beating the game? Or does it have to be on a specific difficulty?

As far as I recall, it’s just beating it on any difficulty - but I played first through on normal, then the next up, then the next, so can’t speak to the exact situation you’re talking about.

Also do you think it’s possible to combine all restrictions in one playthrough? 

It is 100% not possible to combine them - they are specific selections from a menu, not just variables in a standard run.  
That was one of my principal annoyances with the game’s trophy requirements…

…and why it took the silver medal in my “Way to Spoil It Award 2021” for most detrimental trophy list! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 8:33 AM, Baker said:

I just started a new game three times and I got the smoker three times. Good to know my terrible luck with RNG continues in this game then. 1f602.png I’ll try a few more times.

I had the smoker trait come up on my initial runs and did the exact same thing where I restarted like 5x only to keep getting it.

If I remember correctly I was able to skip the prologue after I beat the game once and then I started rolling new people so if it keeps coming up you may need to do a quick easy run and see if that fixes it.

I have been loathing coming back to this for the hard bastard run but based on the above I might just need better starting traits lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Studfox said:

I had the smoker trait come up on my initial runs and did the exact same thing where I restarted like 5x only to keep getting it.

If I remember correctly I was able to skip the prologue after I beat the game once and then I started rolling new people so if it keeps coming up you may need to do a quick easy run and see if that fixes it.

I have been loathing coming back to this for the hard bastard run but based on the above I might just need better starting traits lol

Well my Hard Bastard run was a lot easier than expected. Although it took me quite some time, mostly because of restarting the game to change the ship layout to make it as easy as possible. Got rid of the smoker trait asap and got some good traits instead.

My biggest issue with it was that the game was not as fun as it should be, as you’re just running through the ships avoiding all enemies if possible looting as quickly as you can. 

For me another good example of how trophies can ruin a fun game. Especially the No Death trophies. This is a Rogue Lite, you’re supposed to die. ?

Anyway. Good luck if you decide on going for the Hard Bastard run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baker said:

Well my Hard Bastard run was a lot easier than expected.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDO9umYAcoPjzUfO3ixtH

All I needed to hear lol I’ll see if I can’t roll/find some decent traits off the bat. I think I was also put off because my easy peasy run to get all gadgets/upgrades was so long and tedious 

I got the Tidy DLC and learned very quickly that should be switched off for hard bastard

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It is 100% not possible to combine them - they are specific selections from a menu, not just variables in a standard run.  
That was one of my principal annoyances with the game’s trophy requirements…

…and why it took the silver medal in my “Way to Spoil It Award 2021” for most detrimental trophy list! 1f61d.png

Final question. ?

For Penny Pincher, I assume I can’t build anything at all? Or can I still build Firearms but just not upgrade them? Because the trophy description specifically states upgrades. ? 

I was thinking about combining Only Firearms with Penny Pincher. As that seems the best combination..

• 6 months later...