Cautiously Optimistic

4 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

I was really hyped for this game before it release and have been thinking again about picking it up... Is it still a glitchy mess though, loaded with pay-to-win micro transactions or did Ubisoft come to their senses and fix it?

Playing through it at the mo, it’s not too bad, loading times are long and texture pop in can be slow, I’ve come across only small glitches but nothing game breaking. It’s a looter shooter but there is so many treasure chests and normal enemies that drop loot that you should have no need to buy any with real cash. The game handles quite differently from Wildlands, feels more like the Division and AC Odyssey had a baby with new RPG style elements in. The games typical ubisoft fare and is fun enough without being  anything groundbreaking. I did find the menus a mess at first and matchmaking can be a bit hit and miss, the one thing I hate is every now and again a spy plane will come over and if it spots you will drop enemies, the only way it won’t see you is if you’re fully prone but it always seems to come at inappropriate times. Anyway the trophies are fairly straightforward and there’s a 6 hour trial available if you wanted to give it a go

Edited by Vivis_apprentice

• 3 weeks later...

I didn’t find it a glitchy mess but I did experience a few funny/annoying glitches but nothing game breaking. You tend to get those kind of issues in open world games though. 

As for microtransactions I didn’t buy any or find any need to buy them and it did not impact enjoyment or completion of the game.

Overall it was pretty fun. Long loading times and the story was poor, but it’s a fun world to mess around in and explore particularly with friends in coop.

I spent about 3 hours on it and so far there's hardly anything I like better than Wildlands. This is more just your average open world shooter with the most mediocre dialog cutscenes similar to Shadow of Tomb Raider.
And so far there's hardly anything tactical in this game even on harder difficulties. There is no reason to scout ahead or wait for openings when you can take down a platoon just by yourself from cover.