any good headsets ?

DEMONS--HOWLS

The best headsets that are PS3 (and hopefully PS4) compatible are Astro A30's, A40's or A50's. I have A40's and A50's personally and adore them. I've used Turtle Beaches, Trittons and the official Sony headset and none of them hold a candle to the Astros. 

If you're on a budget I'd go with the official Sony headset. Setting it up with the PS3 is a breeze and the battery lasts quite a while and being wireless is a huge plus but you will need a USB slot for the wireless adapter. It isn't the most comfortable headset ever created but I've used it for multiple hours and never felt uncomfortable. 

Parker

The best headsets that are PS3 (and hopefully PS4) compatible are Astro A30's, A40's or A50's. I have A40's and A50's personally and adore them. I've used Turtle Beaches, Trittons and the official Sony headset and none of them hold a candle to the Astros. 

If you're on a budget I'd go with the official Sony headset. Setting it up with the PS3 is a breeze and the battery lasts quite a while and being wireless is a huge plus but you will need a USB slot for the wireless adapter. It isn't the most comfortable headset ever created but I've used it for multiple hours and never felt uncomfortable. 

Parker

im looking for one that you can understand clearly im trying to make a channel on youtube and I need something like that I only have that little $50 dollar one and it sounds good but not great :/

im looking for one that you can understand clearly im trying to make a channel on youtube and I need something like that I only have that little $50 dollar one and it sounds good but not great :/

So you want something with a good quality mic so you can record commentary for YouTube videos? I don't have any personal experience with that but I have heard quite a few video commentaries with people using Astro A40's and there didn't seem to be any issue with sound quality and I have never had any complaints about my voice being muffled in online games with my A50's or A40's. 

If you're looking for something to just record your voice there are better options than gaming headsets, unless you need it to do both. If I had more experience in the matter I'd be of more help but unfortunately this isn't something I'm very well versed in. I hope to be when the PS4 releases and we can use the feature that records our gameplay though. 

Parker

So you want something with a good quality mic so you can record commentary for YouTube videos? I don't have any personal experience with that but I have heard quite a few video commentaries with people using Astro A40's and there didn't seem to be any issue with sound quality and I have never had any complaints about my voice being muffled in online games with my A50's or A40's. 

If you're looking for something to just record your voice there are better options than gaming headsets, unless you need it to do both. If I had more experience in the matter I'd be of more help but unfortunately this isn't something I'm very well versed in. I hope to be when the PS4 releases and we can use the feature that records our gameplay though. 

Parkerhow

how much do the A40 cost ?

The cheapest Astro are the A30 and they cost around £100($150) while the A40s are £150($200), however if you want them to just record your voice they may be overpriced just buy a Blue Snowball mic they are $60 and the quality you get is amazing for the price.

If I didn't already have two headsets, I'd go with the Astros. However, I have Trittons and a Sony headset. The Sony headset is good in a pinch, but I still prefer the Trittons. The only minor inconvenience of the Trittons is that they're wired. They're still much more comfortable than the Sony headset and I have separate controls for game and voice volumes.

Since you're on a budget of $60, you'll more than likely end up with the Turtle Beach headset. I've heard good and bad things. More bad than good though.

• Like 1