How to approach the missable story related trophies?

ain_sr

Hi, I am trying to do all the side missions available for my current level before proceeding with the main story. Will this ensure the trophies or do I have to do some specific things for them? What are the actions that I shouldn't do?

EDIT(solution): The key main story mission is isle of mists, that will be a point of no return for many missables. Best way to not miss any trophy is to keep playing gwent and buying every card available with the sellers at every chance you get. And always finish side quests and contracts which has equal or less required level than your character level.

Edited by ain_sr
solved

Can't remember much missable stuff, you need to finish some side missions such as hunting the sorceress for Radovid to unlock certain questlines. Other quests like the gwent tournament and Touissant tournament can be failed if not won. I'd look through the trophy guide and keep a gwent guide open as they're way more missable.

There's quite a lot missable trophies in Witcher 3 actually:

Most importantly the Gwent trophies:

Make sure to check the namend NPCs if they wanna play with you, some of them are gone later in the game.

Even Odds is missable, if you complete all your contracts by accident, so make sure to finish two of the easier ones with the trophy requierements.

Full Crew is missable if you choose the wrong options during some of the quests. You have to send your friends to Kaer Morhen.

The trophies for Woodland Spirit and the Doppler are missable depending on how you've played the contract.

But if you do all sidequests before doing a new part of the main mission, you should be good for the otherwise missable trophies Kingmaker, Friends with Benefits and Assassin of Kings.

@ain_sr drop a manual save after every other mission and before talking to some special NPCs (like Keira Metz) and you can always go back if you make a mistake :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ain_sr said:

Hi, I am trying to do all the side missions available for my current level before proceeding with the main story. Will this ensure the trophies or do I have to do some specific things for them? What are the actions that I shouldn't do?

Always follow a guide. There is one on this site with the link below and there are other sites as well.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6610-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-trophy-guide

What I did with the Gwent card collector was make a print out of the cards and mark it off as i got it.  The link is below will help with the cards

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/267721-card-collector-trophy-guide.html

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, JayDeLosDioses said:

drop a manual save after every other mission and before talking to some special NPCs (like Keira Metz) and you can always go back if you make a mistake :) 

Thanks! Playing on Death March so manual saves are my best friend after Roach :P

On 5/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, DF007gamer said:

What I did with the Gwent card collector was make a print out of the cards and mark it off as i got it.  The link is below will help with the cards

Woa that's some dedication!