Keiji Inafune is running a kickstarter to bring back megaman with a spiritual successor

xzero4812

Megaman creator and former megaman developers are staring a kickstarter to fund his new project called mighty number 9, which is a pc game that holds concepts and storyline parallel to original megaman games. Though he does promise that this game will have new features

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/31/mega-man-creator-keiji-inafune-announces-kickstarter-project.aspx

a3beb789cdb43b679c9ae454a3f898e8_large.j

if interested in funding follow link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=search

Why would they do this on PC considering Mega Man got his start on consoles :/

Anyways what I have always wanted was a Metroid Prime style version of Mega Man. I heard someone was considering doing that (which shows great minds think alike) but it was canceled.

they mentioned if they reached a stretch goal of 2.5 mil(im not quite sure if this is USD or otherwisse) console versions will be released but i dont even think a keiji stamp of approval on this game will garner that much funding

Edited by xzero4812

they mentioned if they reached a stretch goal of 2.5 mil(im not quite sure if this is USD or otherwisse) console versions will be released but i dont even think a keiji stamp of approval on this game will garner that much funding

My bad I didn't read the Stretch Goals ^_^ but still 2.5 million :o the thing is I won't donate until it gets to the 2.5 mil spot (because I will only donate if it comes to PS3) so if they made it for consoles from the start (instead of just PC) then they would get more people donating. Right now they are limiting themselves to just one format of donators.

My bad I didn't read the Stretch Goals ^_^ but still 2.5 million :o the thing is I won't donate until it gets to the 2.5 mil spot (because I will only donate if it comes to PS3) so if they made it for consoles from the start (instead of just PC) then they would get more people donating. Right now they are limiting themselves to just one format of donators.

haha thats the same thing i said

Well, they don't have a lot of options.  

I don't think that's the way you should do things.  If people who want the game on consoles only donate if the goal is already reached, then the goal has very low chances to be achieved.  The proper way would be to donate, with the warning that your donation will be available only if the game reaches 2.5 million.  If it doesn't reach that goal in the last day, then you cancel your pledge.  That way, the game will still be made, but those who were only going to play it if it came to consoles don't need to spend any money.

I don't think that's the way you should do things.  If people who want the game on consoles only donate if the goal is already reached, then the goal has very low chances to be achieved.  The proper way would be to donate, with the warning that your donation will be available only if the game reaches 2.5 million.  If it doesn't reach that goal in the last day, then you cancel your pledge.  That way, the game will still be made, but those who were only going to play it if it came to consoles don't need to spend any money.

That is why I am saying he should have made it open to all consoles from the start as opposed to just PC gamers. I feel kind of shafted knowing that I am getting an after thought product as opposed to what he originally wanted. If they start getting nearer to the goal of 2.5 mil I will reconsider then, but until then he can enjoy the PC crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given how many Mighty No 9 fans like Shantae (considering the fan art that depicts both of them together), I wonder how many will migrate from that kickstarter to the Shantae kickstarter ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero ) when it ends tonight.  As much as I love how much love the Mighty No 9 has gotten, I'd love to see the Shantae one get some lovin too.

• Like 1

To those that are worried about CAPCOM filing a lawsuit against this game:

Don't worry,CAPCOM doesn't have a case against them.

Because of the following:

1.They're using "original" characters,not ones owned by CAPCOM.

2.You can't suit for using the same game style (if we did,then we wouldn't have so many FPSs,and JRPGs)

Edited by wolverinefangirl