I can't be the only one this is happening to...

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone else have trouble with the X button during Ice Cream Beat? I press it, but for some reason, the game feels kind of glitchy and refuses to register that I have, making it nigh impossible to keep my combos. Those combos would be very helpful in increasing my score if I could maintain them. I know it's not my controller because I have switched controllers and it happens on both of them. This is probably my imagination, but I could swear.

So I might have figured something out. I did Terra and Ven's stories, but I did Ice Cream Beat early on with both of them, and beat it both times. I also used shotlocks, but not that often, and missed the extra "press X" prompt a lot. Then I finished both of their games (using shotlocks a lot for the Arena). Now I'm trying to do Ice Cream Beat with Aqua and missing EVERYTHING. All this to say, I think the shotlock and Ice Cream Beat timings are completely different, so if you mastered one, you need to relearn how to do the other one.

1 minute ago, oxford_wolf007 said:

So I might have figured something out. I did Terra and Ven's stories, but I did Ice Cream Beat early on with both of them, and beat it both times. I also used shotlocks, but not that often, and missed the extra "press X" prompt a lot. Then I finished both of their games (using shotlocks a lot for the Arena). Now I'm trying to do Ice Cream Beat with Aqua and missing EVERYTHING. All this to say, I think the shotlock and Ice Cream Beat timings are completely different, so if you mastered one, you need to relearn how to do the other one.

Fair enough. I'll look into doing that.

The timing of the "X" button on the beat is actually weird.

So to describe it:

When the green rings close in on the x button, the x button is surrounded by a black transparent background which is surrounded by a blue ring.

As stupid as hell as this sounds: The game actually wants you to press "x" when the green ring is inside the blue ring, but just slightly outside of the "x" icon.

Another way to time it is, watch the blue ring carefully, it will turn red. You press x just as it turns red and you'll get "Excellent" almost every time.

1 minute ago, ShianKiri said:

The timing of the "X" button on the beat is actually weird.

So to describe it:

When the green rings close in on the x button, the x button is surrounded by a black transparent background which is surrounded by a blue ring.

As stupid as hell as this sounds: The game actually wants you to press "x" when the green ring is inside the blue ring, but just slightly outside of the "x" icon.

Another way to time it is, watch the blue ring carefully, it will turn red. You press x just as it turns red and you'll get "Excellent" almost every time.

That's been my issue. I press it at exactly the right time and it responds as if I didn't press it at all. I always get "Poor" when it happens. It's weird.

The timing is weird since it's balanced around the game being on a PSP, where the screen had no delay at all.

When playing the game on the big screen, it's gonna have a little delay since that's just how TV's are these days.

Try to hit a little before the note actually hits

4 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

The timing is weird since it's balanced around the game being on a PSP, where the screen had no delay at all.

When playing the game on the big screen, it's gonna have a little delay since that's just how TV's are these days.

Try to hit a little before the note actually hits

Okay! Good idea. Thank you!