Leaked Ubisoft games confirmed, detailed. Skipping Nintendo platforms.

Lady Lilith

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/leaked_ubisoft_games_confirmed_but_skipping_nintendo_platforms

650x.jpg

Last week we reported on an apparent leak of upcoming Ubisoft games from a planned press day, which contained a number of entirely feasible games; in a series of reveals today Ubisoft has stepped out with details.

We've already had the wonderful news that Child of Light is coming to the Wii U, a UbiArt project that incorporates 2D exploration with RPG elements such as turn-based battles. It seems that of the original leaked list that comprised of unannounced titles, however, none of those confirmed today will make it to Nintendo systems; details are below:

• Assassin's Creed: Pirates — This is for smartphones and tablets
  • EndWar Online — A free-to-play browser game for PC and Mac
  • Assassin's Creed Liberation HD — This is confirmed for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
  • Rabbids: Big Bang — This is for smartphones and tablets
  • Rayman: Fiesta Run — Like its predecessor, this is for smartphones and tablets
  • Trials Frontier — This is for smartphones and tablets
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War — Coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC

In the obvious cases of smartphone / tablet games the absence of a Nintendo system is no surprise, though it's perhaps disappointing that the HD re-release of Assassin's Creed Liberation HD is skipping Wii U. The biggest let-down, in our view, is that Valiant Hearts: The Great War seems to be passing Nintendo's console by. It's set to be released in time for the centenary of the start of World War One, and will follow five different characters as they try to survive, while at key points being accompanied by a dog companion; it looks to be rather artful and beautifully crafted based on early footage. Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier (which may be the team that brought us ZombiU or Michel Ancel's group) and utilising UbiArt, its absence from the Wii U is perhaps a little surprising.

You can see the trailer for this below, which is already causing quite a buzz. Let us know what you think of this news, whether you're indifferent, disappointed or something in-between.

So mostly mobile crap.  This makes me sad.  Maybe the AC game will be fun on my Shield, I guess.  Are the Rayman games just minigames or endless runners or something?

Just like previous generations, Nintendo will only have a few decent games for their console and nearly all of them will be first party. I highly doubt Nintendo will keep their promise of massive third party support because they're already failing at that and all the third party developers are interested in the PS4 and Xbone. Please Natsume, use this as an excuse to make Harvest Moon games for the PS4 instead of the WiiU, you'll have a much bigger audience. 

Parker

Meh Ubisoft lately has just become Activision and millking Assassins Creed until everyone gets sick of it, funny since I just downloaded the 3rd one of psn store (heh is free) and its just the same thing since the last one I played Brotherhood whichever one that is, oh well more games if you like the series I suppose. 

I dont know about that game but i am more interested in 

Child of Light, the art style is so beautiful!! AND that beautiful music! amazing.

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Are the Rayman games just minigames or endless runners or something?

I was wondering the same thing. And from what i watched on youtube there are shorter levels and the objective is to get all the lums in each level by taking the correct jumps/path. Of all the iOS games that make their way to the vita. why don't these find there way there.

Shocked that Nintendo isn't getting the HD remake of AC liberation at least. I mean surely that console can handle that game (it has AC3  I mean)

Why bother porting your game to a system when you know no one on that system will buy it? I can't imagine Assassin Creed WiiU sales were very good, especially since WiiU sales in general are terrible. 

Parker