Time to platinum statistics

Hey there,

I was wondering if there's a place on the site where I can see the average time to platinum for a particular game (over all players)?

Since it (my time to platinum) shows on my profile and in the trophy list of others it seems doable. But I haven't fount a way to get a list of platinum-time (over players) for a game nor an average of that said time.

I hope this hasn't been already discussed, I tried to search for that topic.

Thanks and I love psnprofiles btw :)

Best regards,

Sebastian

Edited by BastiLejon
  • Like 2

Using the info on the profiles is very vague because that time is just the difference between your first and last trophy not the actual time of gameplay that you took, and making an average of all the platinum achievers is even more vague since a lot of people take months/years to complete games...

My best point of reference is the time to platinum used on the guides but I know that isn't too reliable either... Or you can check the fastest achievers leaderboard per game to get an idea?

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Using the info on the profiles is very vague because that time is just the difference between your first and last trophy not the actual time of gameplay that you took, and making an average of all the platinum achievers is even more vague since a lot of people take months/years to complete games...

My best point of reference is the time to platinum used on the guides but I know that isn't too reliable either... Or you can check the fastest achievers leaderboard per game to get an idea?

I agree. It took me 6 years to platinum GoW 3 and 6 years to plat Hotline Miami and I can tell you that this shouldn't be in consideration if you were going to take an average to figure out how long it would take. Overall, this would just be hard to trust in general since I play maybe 1.5 hours a night and someone else may play 6 hours a day. Too many variables.

I think if something like this was implemented, we'd need to average maybe the first 100-150 achievers so there's a mix of speedrunners and good players who dedicated time to play it relatively quickly. Of course, it'd need to be taken with a grain of salt like the average completion, but maybe it's better than nothing. Hard to say without seeing it in motion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think if something like this was implemented, we'd need to average maybe the first 100-150 achievers so there's a mix of speedrunners and good players who dedicated time to play it relatively quickly.

I like this approach. I'd almost say disregard the top 1/2-1% (skim off the speedrunners), then capture from 2% through 10% maybe even 15% of platinum earners. Using percentages should help games with fewer than 100 achievers, but still apply to more popular games.

This would provide a much more typical time frame for someone looking to get in and play without capturing most people who started, took long breaks and came back. 

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I like this approach. I'd almost say disregard the top 1/2-1% (skim off the speedrunners), then capture from 2% through 10% maybe even 15% of platinum earners. Using percentages should help games with fewer than 100 achievers, but still apply to more popular games.

This would provide a much more typical time frame for someone looking to get in and play without capturing most people who started, took long breaks and came back. 

Yeah, initially I thought using #100-200 (maybe even 250) fastest achievers would be good, but not every game has that many achievers so it didn't seem very consistent (or as easy) to just use the top 150. 

However, games with cross play will be heavily skewed so maybe we'd have to filter out games with cross play. Still not an easy task to do if players are trying to get an idea of "length."