Is it worth to restart the game for the gold medal or it's doable replaying the missions?

Lezonidas

I have 100% progression and compedium. Now all I have left of the offline mode are the gold medals and killing 10 more bears with a knife. For the gold medals I've read that it's easier if you restart the game and save before every mission since you can have the equipment you want, but in some other places I read that it's patched and now you can replay missions with a decent equipment and horse, my question is: is it worth to restart the game or not? 

And another question: how hard is to get 70 gold medals?

It's not worth restarting for the gold medals.
Since the game has been patched, the replays are a cakewalk because most of the upgrades are still with you there.
I've only beaten 3 chapters so far but if i fail a mission on my first try then I play it through replay and I never loaded my game before the mission i just did so i could repeat it. So far I've got 35 medals out of like 39 missions.

IMO getting 70 gold medals is easy especially if you use a lot of Deadeye for the headshots. 

• Like 2

They changed the replay feature from a "limited gear challenge run" to a full on NG+... 2 weeks after I did it lol.

Btw, little tip, healing your dead eye with snake oil does not negate the no health items challenge. Something that I didn't learn till way to late >.<

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

They changed the replay feature from a "limited gear challenge run" to a full on NG+... 2 weeks after I did it lol.

Btw, little tip, healing your dead eye with snake oil does not negate the no health items challenge. Something that I didn't learn till way to late >.<

Thank you, I didn't know that about the snake oil, it will be very useful to know.

its doable, i did them all within 2 months of release before they patched it. and i know there is far more better gamers out there then me. so my rule of thumb is if i can do it, most people can lol. dont restart. i will say though those challenges REALLY #$##$$ pissed me off

Edited by melodicmizery