Balan Wonderworld - New game from former Sonic Team devs trailer

Crzy Minus

From some of the former creative team behind titles like the original Sonic the Hedgehog and Nights into Dreams, comes a new 3D Platformer from Balan Company (A new studio under Square Enix). The game comes out on PS4 and PS5, as well as Xbox One, Series X, PC and Switch on Spring of 2021.

I saw this and thought it looked like a cool title reminiscent from PS2/Gamecube-era 3D Platformers, especially ones Sega used to put out. Hopefully it turns out to be good.

Edited by Crzy Minus

• 1 month later...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the demo is out and I can see the PS4 version on the store, but it's not letting me add it to library.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA02446_00-BALANWW5A0000002

Edit: Was able to get it via the app, but I couldn't search for it on the store. Had to follow a link from an article about the game on the news page.

Edited by Jelly Soup

So I played the demo version Thursday evening-ish. It's up on my YouTube page if anyone wants to see it (I posted it in #media on the Discord server)

I had a lot of fun overally and enjoyed the experience for the most part (other than the 'drug trip' like moments I guess lol). But this platformer appears to be very collection dependent and I'm not an expert on searching every nook and cranny for stuff like that. Plus they don't exactly make it obvious how your supposed to get some of them. Once I played it more off-stream and on my own I figured out that you need certain costumes/abilities to get some of the other statues. I mean I guess it makes sense but it's clear a LARGE AMOUNT of backtracking will be required once the full game is out.

I still enjoyed it though. It's just clear that a walkthrough may be mandatory to play this game. Once the full game is out and a full walkthrough is available... I should be fine.