Difficulty rating

marius_maximus

Although I still don’t have the plat, at the stage I’m at on the road to the platinum I have to say I strongly disagree with the difficulty on the trophy guide. I don’t suck at platforms and I think I have some reasons to give some opinions about difficulty based on my trophy cabinet.

The guide is probably based on the PS3 version of the game, but the controls in PsVita are just horrible. The race related trophies are a huge nightmare in PsVita so if you’re planning to start this game based on the info you have on the guide be aware that you’re going to suffer quite a lot even if you’re kind of skilled on platforms.

I’d make a note on the guide raising the difficulty to at least 5 for vita users.

• Like 1

I just got the plat a few days ago on Vita and it wasn't too bad. the hardest thing was probably the race time skill point "speedy" taking me about 90 minutes to get. I ended up watching a video of someone else doing it and trying to match their path as close as possible. You can also cut a few corners.
The McMarx trophy is a tough one I'll agree, but not so bad. it took me a long time to discover the L2/R2 is actually in the middle of the back touchpad and is about a finger's width either side of the middle. once I discovered that. I kind claw gripped the device and did a couple of practice jumps before the big jump to make sure my fingers were in the right place. then did both the L2 & R2 tricks first then the easy L1 R1 tricks after. it took about 10 minutes to get it right.

The next difficult trophy/skill point was the 4500 score on the other hoverboard race. But the game is not very smart so you can use the same checkpoint over and over again to score points. I did this on the last jump before the 3 rings that open the shortcut. using the right path ramp to do tricks then hold left and jump off the side of the track while still holding left. you make it far enough back to respawn at the previous checkpoint. Repeat until 4500.

Good luck! I'm currently starting R&C2 so lets see how that goes on Vita.

On 28/07/2020 at 8:59 AM, Draps-1337 said:

I just got the plat a few days ago on Vita and it wasn't too bad. the hardest thing was probably the race time skill point "speedy" taking me about 90 minutes to get. I ended up watching a video of someone else doing it and trying to match their path as close as possible. You can also cut a few corners.
The McMarx trophy is a tough one I'll agree, but not so bad. it took me a long time to discover the L2/R2 is actually in the middle of the back touchpad and is about a finger's width either side of the middle. once I discovered that. I kind claw gripped the device and did a couple of practice jumps before the big jump to make sure my fingers were in the right place. then did both the L2 & R2 tricks first then the easy L1 R1 tricks after. it took about 10 minutes to get it right.

The next difficult trophy/skill point was the 4500 score on the other hoverboard race. But the game is not very smart so you can use the same checkpoint over and over again to score points. I did this on the last jump before the 3 rings that open the shortcut. using the right path ramp to do tricks then hold left and jump off the side of the track while still holding left. you make it far enough back to respawn at the previous checkpoint. Repeat until 4500.

Good luck! I'm currently starting R&C2 so lets see how that goes on Vita.

It might have sounded more catastrophic than what I really meant. I don’t mean the game is a 9/10 on difficulty. I just meant that the vita version of the game is tougher than PS3 version because of the controls and the race trophies and missions. Based on that feeling (and many other players opinions) I think that the difficulty of the vita version should be raised a couple of points, but definitely not more than 5/10. Again, that’s only my opinion.

To be totally honest it took me a bit more than it took you to get the race trophies even if I’d read and watched several posts and videos about them.

I’m about to plat the game now but I’m really hesitant about R&C 2 and 3. I’ll keep tracking any news that might change my mind!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

3/10 for the PS3 version. 

Roughly 5/10 - 5.5/10 for the Vita version. Stiff controls and lower framerate make this version more difficult. 

I definitely recommend buying a L2/R2 attachment for both the Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter collections if you guys plan to do them on the Vita. The Twisty McMarx trophy in Ratchet 1 almost certainly requires the attachment, otherwise it is extremely difficult, due to the back touchpads not being very responsive.

On 24/07/2020 at 9:30 PM, marius_maximus said:

Although I still don’t have the plat, at the stage I’m at on the road to the platinum I have to say I strongly disagree with the difficulty on the trophy guide. I don’t suck at platforms and I think I have some reasons to give some opinions about difficulty based on my trophy cabinet.

The guide is probably based on the PS3 version of the game, but the controls in PsVita are just horrible. The race related trophies are a huge nightmare in PsVita so if you’re planning to start this game based on the info you have on the guide be aware that you’re going to suffer quite a lot even if you’re kind of skilled on platforms.

I’d make a note on the guide raising the difficulty to at least 5 for vita users.

Hey mate,

The guide was written solely from playing it on the PS3, I never took the time to complete it on the Vita.

I can understand that it may be slightly more difficult on the Vita, I always thought the Vita was fairly clunky and garbage most of the time anyway.

I'll leave the difficulty setting on my guide as is, because it is referencing PS3 and that's how hard I thought it was at the time.

Difficulty ratings don't mean much on these things anyway honestly, everyone is different and faces varying obstacles in games.

20 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Difficulty ratings don't mean much on these things anyway honestly, everyone is different and faces varying obstacles in games.

Both Ratchet and Jak have shit performance on the Vita due to a crap porting job. 

Well you need to think, difficulty is subjective. Vanquish is 9/10 due to Challenge 6 for many, for me I’d give it a 7/10 mostly because of the two bogeys at the end. 

What is hard for you may be easy for someone else, and vice versa.