Can't finish some puzzles!

anilcanballi

Hello, I have encountered an awkward situation. Some of the puzzles, even I am sure that is %100 correct, L1+R1 fix menu says: "There are errors in the puzzle" and delete some of the letters. For example in the first puzzle,

txtZxDT.jpg?1

The puzzle must be completed but;

FXThXFF.jpg?1

And the same "I"s deleted again.

uX57iXH.jpg

I already delete-redownload the game, change number-letter, go back to the main menu & another puzzle then come back. This is AS version on PS Vita.

What am I doing wrong here?  :( 

I always switched to numbers to make it easier but if you want to trouble-shoot, you can check for errors after every entry and see where it gets hung up.

There is also an answer guide here if you want to double-check.  

Edited by djb5f

I looked at several guides and all of them have the same solution but the problem here is, it tries to fix the correct inputs. If you look at the first picture, it looks finished but the game continues and tries to "fix" 'I' letters, even it is the only letter to put there!

32 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

since you are using the AS version maybe there is a different answer for the same puzzle even if you answer look right

Well, it corrects it like in the 3rd picture. According to the game, only some "I" letters are wrong. In the 3rd picture, if I try to fix it again, it says no error.

Also, the guide and I have the same hints for puzzle and every sudoku has only one solution. Nice guess tho :) 

Is this some kind of weird glitch?

Thanks for the tag.

That's the solution. Not heard of this before. This is the first trophy and the one with the most achievers (as expected) so it's not a common glitch for sure. 

Have you saved the puzzle by quitting to the menu, or did you solve this all in one session.

Did you play with buttons, touch or a mix of both?

Do you recall whether you used the undo button, or if you used a hint/fix previously?

After you fixed, the I button was still crossed out as if they were all placed. Were you able to select it again to continue completing the puzzle a second time.

Skipping this one for now won't lock you out of the platinum, you can get all the others and then return to this when we know how to fix it.

• Like 2

Thanks for your time. 

1 hour ago, luckydonut said:

Have you saved the puzzle by quitting to the menu, or did you solve this all in one session.

The first time, I solved it in one session. After redownloaded the game, I went to main menu and came back.

Did you play with buttons, touch or a mix of both?

Only buttons. But I mixed numbers-letters after the first one.

Do you recall whether you used the undo button, or if you used a hint/fix previously?

Fix button works normally on other inputs. After I redownloaded the game, tried to input 'I' letters first, even so, fix button said error and cleaned them.

After you fixed, the I button was still crossed out as if they were all placed. Were you able to select it again to continue completing the puzzle a second time.

Yes, if I try to select any other letter except 'I' it gives an error and flashes red. After putting one 'I', other 'I' s are no crossed-out anymore. But fix menu still giving an error.

I only solved one puzzle so far. Tried two more but it didn't let me put some letters on those like 'I' in the first one.

I am going to format Vita and try again if the glitch continues, I will upload a video this time.

:( 

5 hours ago, anilcanballi said:

I am going to format Vita and try again if the glitch continues, I will upload a video this time.

OK thanks, that would be useful. I suspected you'd found a bug using touch screen and buttons together (if the game receives the same input twice in the same frame, weirdness could potentially happen in our older games - but never seen it break this badly). If you only used buttons I'm out of thoughts for the time being and will await you reporting back.

I think I found the problem.

My system language was Turkish and the only letter that gives an error was 'I' letter. Maybe some of you know, in Turkish we have both 'I' and 'i' as separate letters. This sometimes gives an error some word or excel documents for proper format too. So I formatted and changed the language to English and everything works fine. 

This is not a common error because no one plays this version of the game with Turkish system language. I use Vita trick that Hakoom showed us and I bet there is no Turkish Vita player who does that trick and has Turkish system language and has AS Vita version of the game and plays it for trophies. :) 

I might be wrong but this is the best explanation for now.