Cheats in new Patch & Trophies

xeScenCex

Hey. Does anyone knows if activating cheats deactivating trophies?

I might give this game a second chance for an easy platinum, as I didn't like the flow and pacing of the game while installed first and aborted relativly fast... :/

Edited by xeScenCex

I have been wondering this too as I'm about 1/3 of the way through my NG+ playthrough which I'm only doing to get the last few trophies (for fully upgrading both characters and finding collectibles) so it would be very good to know if I can put infinite ammo on and just go for it! LOL!

There is no in game warning, I very much doubt they can't be used in NG+ so go ahead and use them, there are some pretty good ones there.

You cant use them in NG, Grounded or Permadeath though.

Invisibility while prone, slow motion and high contrast filters can be used on grounded/permadeath though!

• Like 2

See I really don't understand when people say they want to minimise their time with a game or say "Thank god I don't have to play that again!!!"

I take my time with games. If I start to rush then I'll stop playing. If I'm not having fun again I'll stop playing. There's so many good games out there that you really shouldnt waste your time on increasing a digital number that noone else but you cares about

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PillsOfDarkness said:

Don't missunderstand me. My total playtime on this game to obtain my plat is between 60-70 hours. I really enjoyed it, really liked it. Took my time, explored everything. I take my time on the games too. It's just that i still have a looooot of games waiting for me 1f600.png

Go do some other games. I doubt this will be the last dlc for the game. Come back in 6month or so and finish it off then.

I normally leave like a year between playthroughs if I go back to the game at all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, xeScenCex said:

This means Platin is possible with cheats, yes?

Hmm... maybe I'll give this game a second - "braindead" - chance. Won't be one of my proudest Platins tho ;)

yes , inviisbility prone works for me, its work wonder against human, but kinda useless against zombo if you get caught

but its still drag tho, most of time its still walk slow menacingly game

• Like 1

Just to confirm for anyone who wants an answer to the original question...

I was part way through Ellie Day 2 in my NG+ playthrough which I was only doing to scoop up collectibles and upgrades. At that point the patch came out and I turned on both infinite ammo and one shot kills. On continuing my playthrough the trophies for finding all workbenches and safes and also collecting all super hero cards all popped correctly.

On a side note, I'm not sure how the game works out unlock points. I'd spent most of mine unlocking stuff in the model viewer and JUST ABOUT had enough to unlock those two modifiers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just to answer anyone's question in plain english.

You can enable ANY cheats. it works on permadeath if playing in lower modes. If you play Grounded NG+, even with cheats ON, the game AUTOMATICALLY disables them (you can check for yourself by enabling cheats, then starting a NG+ Grounded, and checking the menu, a lock icon is placed next to buffs like infinite ammo etc)

7 minutes ago, TacoParade said:

Just to answer anyone's question in plain english.

You can enable ANY cheats. it works on permadeath if playing in lower modes. If you play Grounded NG+, even with cheats ON, the game AUTOMATICALLY disables them (you can check for yourself by enabling cheats, then starting a NG+ Grounded, and checking the menu, a lock icon is placed next to buffs like infinite ammo etc)

I just came from the other thread where a glitch has been discovered to enable cheats again while on Grounded. It works sort of similar to the difficulty glitch in TLoU1, and doing so will enable you to use cheats and combine NG+ Grounded and Permadeath into one playthrough apparently.