Survival Expert Not Popping

jimmymac1225

im now through, can i ask what is quicker, survival expert or arms master?

Bored of this game, but want to get one of those in my second play trough , lets say on easy or something..... what's the quickest point i could get one of those?

• 7 months later...

Update

Ellie was missing two perks. I 100% unlocked all of her perks before I got to go to Seattle Day 1 with Abby. After Abby got all upgrades & collectables I had to endure the farm house big unskippable cut scene to finally being able to play Ellie again in Santa Barbara. There I unlocked the last upgrades and the trophy popped.

Edited by bendermac
fixed typo

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 10:05 PM, jimmymac1225 said:

@Optinooby,

In grounded, you can still unlock upgrades that appear after the "listening mode" upgrades. The listening mode upgrade is just absent.

I went back to a previous chapter (the rat King chapter), but this was still after the chapter in my playthrough where I unlocked all AVAILABLE upgrades on grounded+ (the sky bridge chapter).

The end result was that I now had all upgrades (including Ellie's) simultaneously. I dont think its possible to get everything in one playthrough, but I wasn't 100% thorough either.

As an aside, I think the optimal strategy for time is probably to unlock upgrades strategically, grabbing listening perks on a lower difficulty, then play through grounded+ (with permadeath by chapter) to fulfill the remaining requirements. If you want 100% trophies, anyway.

I honestly think its kinda obnoxious that you can't unlock listening upgrades on grounded. I get the trade-off, they don't want players spending points on things they can't use, but i feel this could have been accomplished by rearranging the tree.

So I don't need to redo game  again in ng ++ 

Just go to chpter select  (abby character) and upgrade listening skill ? 

Edited by L7QQRR

A lot of hearsay considering this topic has had nearly a year to figure itself out. People deserve to clear this disgustingly awful game as quickly as possible. And despite a year and a massive sale, having to now go through a third playthrough of this narrative garbage because of its horrible trophy structure, reminded me why I watched all the cutscenes online when it was released. I can happily say I'll soon be calling it "The Last of This":

- Play your first run-through on Custom, with resources set to Very Light, and be sure to Buy all listening skills. The game's difficulty is a fabricated joke and actively limits supplements and parts. Save yourself the tedium of 3 hours of combat in a 25-hour game, grab all of your collectibles. Double back in Chapter select if you've missed any.

- NG+ is your fork in the road. You can play Grounded and Permadeath as-is, or again, save yourself precious time; Complete the prologue, get to The Gate, quit to the menu, and onto encounters. Pick one on Very Light. Buy all cheats, turn them all on, back to the menu. Continue from story checkpoint... Skip all cutscenes, skip all puzzles. You'll be uninstalling in about 7 hours.

I highly advise you to keep a parts and supplements guide on hand so you don't have to do what no person should ever have to go through; A third playthrough. Never have I been punished for trying a harder difficulty first, but now I've got to go back through to Abby's section one last time because I picked actually decent upgrades in the horrible skill system on my first run, and didn't feel like checking on a guide every ten minutes to make sure I've picked up a single pill underneath a corpses ass.

May your playthrough be short,

And your Plat swift.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I just completed my 1st run through of the game last night and will probably start the NG+ run this weekend.

Just a question though, I managed to find all of the training manuals both for Ellie/Abby, do I need to get/find the training manuals again in NG+?

Or the skills are already unlocked in NG+?

Same question with upgrading all weapons, I've unlocked all the weapons on my 1st playthrough, do they need to be uncover again in NG+?

Thank you!

On 22/04/2022 at 3:33 AM, MegaZeroXX said:

I just completed my 1st run through of the game last night and will probably start the NG+ run this weekend.

Just a question though, I managed to find all of the training manuals both for Ellie/Abby, do I need to get/find the training manuals again in NG+?

Or the skills are already unlocked in NG+?

Same question with upgrading all weapons, I've unlocked all the weapons on my 1st playthrough, do they need to be uncover again in NG+?

Thank you!

All of your weapons and upgrades are transferred to NG+, so you just have to work on the things you didn't obtain in your first playthrough. Manuals that you've picked up already will not appear again, but other collectibles will. You do have to be mindful of the fact that Grounded difficulty hides several skills related to the listening mode. If you did not upgrade those skills in your first playthrough, and you play on Grounded next, you will not be able to get all skills upgraded in this run. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

okay grounded+ with Abby has the following upgrades per skill tree avalible here, 4, 4, 4, 5 and 5. So this game just flew down the rankings of my great games overall (experience and trophies).

is there a way to exploit this, maybe save 200 pills and upgrade trough different save files?

14 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Is there a way to exploit this, maybe save 200 pills and upgrade trough different save files?

I don't think there is. You'll just have look in every nook and cranny, so you can purchase every skill. I was able to upgrade everything in just two playthroughs. :)

Or, perhaps you could use this guide.

Edited by zizimonster