HITMAN 2 Free Starterpack + HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass enough to avoid the Base game purchase?

TazDevilz1986

I have a few questions.

HITMAN 2 Free Starterpack + Expansion Pass is enough to 100%? I do have the first HITMAN 1 from Plus so that remains everything so i could get the bonus episodes through HITMAN 2. But this way i can avoid the Gold Edition and just purchase the Expansion Pass to install it on top of the HITMAN 2 Starterpack to get all the 100%?

I read someone said: ''You also gain access to the legacy maps without having to buy the full version of Hitman 2 if you just download and install HITMAN 2 Free Starterpack.''

It's a confusing mess. I would like to save 12€ this way if it's possible, so i only have to buy the Expansion Pass that's on sale for 7.99€.

Free Starter Pack: https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP3969-CUSA12414_00-STARTPACK0000000?smcid=social%3Anl-nl%3Awhatsnew%3Aprimary%20nav%3Amsg-shop%3Aps-store

This one could be avoided to purchase, but i'm not 100% sure that's what i want to know to save some money that way: https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP3969-CUSA12414_00-HITMANSTANDARD00?smcid=social%3Anl-nl%3Awhatsnew%3Aprimary%20nav%3Amsg-shop%3Aps-store

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cleggworth said:

The Free starter pack only has Hawkes Bay in it, the rest of the "base game" isn't included. So going by the trophy list you'd be missing DLC packs 2 through 7.

your best option is the gold edition

Can you access those through HITMAN 1 Plus version? I heard someone saying this. But again, i'm not sure about that either.

5 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

No, thats just access to the legacy maps which is DLC packs 8 through 14

OK thanks. So than purchase the Gold Edition is the only way than. Kinda annoying there is just no good information through each version, they just throwing it in the Store, and people that never played these have no clue what to buy.

@Kittet3 Also a good question, i would like to know that as well.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

10 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

But the expansion pass is a separate trophy list, right? So you could just buy the hitman 2 game and finish the hitman 2 trophy list to 100% unless I'm missing something

Unfortunately this isn't the case either. The expansion pass is 4 maps, the 3 packs in the additional expansions trophy list and the final DLC pack from the original list, DLC trophy pack 15, Singapore

Expansion IS gold, fyi.

From: https://hitman.fandom.com/wiki/HITMAN™_2_-_Expansion_Pass

The Expansion Pass is downloadable content for HITMAN™ 2. It gives players access to two expansion packs, as well as two smaller individual item packs.

Intended for HITMAN™ 2 Standard Edition owners, this downloadable content essentially acts as an upgrade to Gold Edition, giving the player access to the same content and features.

If you want 100%, you will need to buy both the standard edition of Hitman 2 as well as the expansion pass. This is the equivalent of buying the Gold edition. Gold edition is not on sale so this is the best deal right now. 

8 minutes ago, BigHatPaul said:

The expansion pass is only a gold upgrade for owners of the standard edition. OP will not have access to all of the game's content for 100% if they were to just purchase the expansion pass. 

• Like 2

Lord this game is such a mess...content from the first game that's for some damn reason is in the second one, all the "Unavailable" expansions, tons of different versions and upgrades. For god's sake just let me spend my money.

• Like 4

hello ... where can i find the Mumbai dlc?  i bought hitman 2 gold edition ... downloaded all dlc except legacy.  I also downloaded the dlc “special assignment pack 1” which includes the missions of Santa Luck and Mumbai.  but nothing ... in the game I understand that I don't have it .. I can't find it on the EU ps store

3 minutes ago, KekkoPazzini said:

hello ... where can i find the Mumbai dlc?  i bought hitman 2 gold edition ... downloaded all dlc except legacy.  I also downloaded the dlc “special assignment pack 1” which includes the missions of Santa Luck and Mumbai.  but nothing ... in the game I understand that I don't have it .. I can't find it on the EU ps store

In-game, can you click on the mission in the mission list and let it bring you to the download page? That's how I download them at least

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

In-game, can you click on the mission in the mission list and let it bring you to the download page? That's how I download them at least

already tried ... gives me page error.

and on the ps store EU I don't see dlc Mumbai anyway.

Edited by KekkoPazzini