Last of Us DLC release date, single player not coming out until December/January

drummerklg

Naughty Dog has announced the first piece of Season Pass DLC for The Last of Us - but single-player story DLC isn't coming until December/January.

last-of-us-map-pack-610x343.jpg

The first piece of Season Pass DLC takes the form of a map pack called Abandoned Territories. The maps comprise locales named Suburbs, plagued by random dust storms; Bus Depot, which apparently features wild giraffes; Hometown, a moonlit environment geared towards stealth; and Bookstore, built on two floors, which adds "a highly unique dose of vertical gameplay". The pack will be out October 15th.

It's fair to say that we're all waiting on the single-player story DLC, though, and that's still a ways off. "This is an ambitious story with strong ties into the narrative of The Last of Us," wrote Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli on the Playstation Blog. "We just wrapped up a long casting process for a new character, and we’re starting our performance capture shoot next week. The single-player DLC is currently planned for release around the December-January timeframe."

The third and final piece of DLC will also be multiplayer-focussed and will be out in the first half of next year, but no further details were given. In the meantime, 60 bonus character customisation items have been added to the multiplayer mode for Season Pass holders.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/single-player-last-of-us-dlc-not-coming-til-decjan

I haven't even started this game yet so I can't speak for whether or not I think more multiplayer content is a good thing without trying out the multiplayer first. But I always look forward to more single-player content unless it proves to be something legitimately terrible like The Lost Archive for Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

• 1 month later...