Made My First Signature, Reviews Please

A_SockMonkey

That's really good for a first signature :)  The colors really work well together.  The border is slightly off on the right side but for your first signature, you've handled it pretty well.

What software did you use? If you used GIMP I can link you to some useful scripts if you want.. they're just ones that will make bordering your signature a bit easier and make it feel more like Photoshop.

Edited by TakahashiDemon
  • Like 1

I used an online editor because I am at work.

http://pixlr.com/editor/

I would really like to learn more using Gimp, I've decided to do graphic design for schooling and need all the help/advice I can.

Thanks

-Paul

Well in schools they'll probably learn you Graphic Design via Photoshop.  But not everyone can afford that software.  Gimp is slightly more complicated to get used to, but with some previous experience in PS before hand, you'll eventually learn it :)

Here's the scripts:

Layer Effects

Save For Web

Save For Web isn't exactly required, but I find it so much better than GIMP's own way in saving.. GIMP's own way in saving slightly reduces the quality even though it doesn't let on to you that it does that, this gives you a preview and doesn't lower it without you knowing.

Well in schools they'll probably learn you Graphic Design via Photoshop.  But not everyone can afford that software.  Gimp is slightly more complicated to get used to, but with some previous experience in PS before hand, you'll eventually learn it :)

Here's the scripts:

Layer Effects

Save For Web

Save For Web isn't exactly required, but I find it so much better than GIMP's own way in saving.. GIMP's own way in saving slightly reduces the quality even though it doesn't let on to you that it does that, this gives you a preview and doesn't lower it without you knowing.

I definitely need to give GIMP a try, I'm going to be doing alot more work for practice and I'll be throwing them up on twitter

I am also a 2D ink artist, so I'll be posting that aswell.

Thank you for all the help! :D

• 1 month later...

First time trying to create a signature, no experience with any of it. Please critique the hell out of it, I need good advice

attachicon.gifmetroid.png

Thanks

-Paul

Never too late right? :P

Not bad for a first sig. You can increase the options of what you can do using programs like GIMP and Photoshop. I would install one of them and try it out. Gimp typically comes free while Photoshop you have to pay if you want it legally. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one. I found GIMP to be much easier to learn because its more user friendly. Photoshop is much less user friendly, in my personal opinion.

Gimp Signature:

EdFXv.png

Photoshop Signature:

oVUcl.png

Both programs allow you to do a lot more though Photoshop is better. You get what you pay for?

But yeah, your render's face is a little blurry. You always want the face to be sharp. A little moved to the right wouldn't hurt either. I would say you could also find a slightly smoother background in the bottom portion of the signature, as the green and black don't seem to mix very well in your signature. Hope that helps. :)