How Do I Beat Jiro Amon?

sepheroithisgod

I've been trying for quite some time now, but cannot beat this guy. His regeneration is way to strong. I've tried spamming items for heat moves, but the guy just doesn't stop healing. If there some trick to end the healing early that I am missing?

Edit: I did it. I equipped Saejima with three weapons with unique heat actions. Amon enemies take less damage when you repeat heat actions. Once I got him into his regen range, I would grab him, throw him, use heat action (no weapon) and back away. Run away (but not too far), pause the game and use a heat restoration item and pull out weapon one, inch close enough to activate heat action, and repeat the process for weapon 2 and 3. at this point you should be really close to him transitionioning to his red phase. Just keep spamming a weapon heat action. When he turns red, take a deep breath because you should be home free. His insane health regen is gone. Simply keep tossing him til you win, but be safe.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

If you haven't done so already you can do the Ultimate Matches to unlock the War God Talisman and give that to Saejima which makes the Jiro fight a lot easier. With that during the first phase you should be able to grab him and when he brings his hammer out he shouldn't be able to knock you down with it because of the War God Talisman keeping your Heat at max. As long as you have that and health items you can just do charge hits on him then run off to heal if your health gets too low.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

I struggled with him for a while too, then ended up just doing a similar cheese method:

- 3 guns

- 2-3 other weapons (different types so you can use different heat actions)

- Heat recovery (though bringing a bunch of strong Staminans is kind of a given anyway)

First attack as usual, then when he gets into his auto-recovery phase, keep shooting him from a distance, switching guns as they run out (just to get his health down a bit). Then, grab and throw him when you get the chance, switch equips from guns to the other weapons, use a Heat Action as he's on the ground (might as well use the unarmed one first) then keep refilling heat and Heat Action-ing him with one weapon at a time, right after he gets up or when he's still on the ground (depending on weapon). If he's not done at this pount he should at least be at low enough health to have stopped autohealing, at which point you can just keep attacking as normal.

...can you tell I was annoyed when coming up with this

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You can cheese him easily by bringing like 4-5 weapons with you and fill the rest of your inventory with Stamina Royale for health/heat regen. 

Then just abuse weapon heat actions. As soon as you pull one off, immediately take a Stamina Royale to recharge your heat and hit him with another heat action before he can hit you. Rinse and repeat. You'll demolish him without him ever touching you if you're fast enough. Easy-peasy. 

The problem is if you get hit by him it immediately breaks the weapon you're holding so bring a few backup weapons just in case.