God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

God of War: Ragnarök releasing on November

Edit: “(Bloomberg) - The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game's development, despite reports this week that it had slipped to 2023. Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said. God of War Ragnarok, the latest entry in the long-running series and a direct sequel to 2018's God of War, was announced in 2020 for PlayStation consoles. Sony has delayed the game several times since then, both publicly and internally, as its developers deal with the pandemic and other production challenges. Earlier this year it was planned for September, but it was recently bumped to November. A spokesman for Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-10/sony-playstation-s-new-god-of-war-video-game-planned-for-november

On 08.06.2022 at 10:14 PM, Quink666 said:

God you are playing with my feelings! =) 

:D Nope, I didn't mean to, sorry :D

On 08.06.2022 at 10:14 PM, Quink666 said:

Hopefully Schreier is right.

Seems so)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Insiders say God of War Ragnarok is coming in November 2022.

sauce

Just came to post this.

works for me.

Last of us September 

Forspoken October 

Ragnarok November 

Hogwarts December

Callisto Protocol December 

Switch:

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet November 

Edited by Infected Elite
Edit: added more
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Insiders say God of War Ragnarok is coming in November 2022.

sauce

7 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

God of War: Ragnarök releasing on November

Edit: “(Bloomberg) - The highly anticipated PlayStation game God of War Ragnarok is planned for release this November, according to three people familiar with the game's development, despite reports this week that it had slipped to 2023. Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said. God of War Ragnarok, the latest entry in the long-running series and a direct sequel to 2018's God of War, was announced in 2020 for PlayStation consoles. Sony has delayed the game several times since then, both publicly and internally, as its developers deal with the pandemic and other production challenges. Earlier this year it was planned for September, but it was recently bumped to November. A spokesman for Sony didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-10/sony-playstation-s-new-god-of-war-video-game-planned-for-november

And last night I dreamt that we got news of a November release window. I can't contain my excitement. Perfect time I think since it's a winter month that fits with the Ragnarök theme.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And last night I dreamt that we got news of a November release window. I can't contain my excitement. Perfect time I think since it's a winter month that fits with the Ragnarök theme.

You couldnt possibly have dreamt that it would release next week instead? =>

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

what was the last AAA Sony 1st party game that came out in Oct-Dec in the last 7 years?

I'd assume it's meant to be a holiday title, so it'd be 50/50 either way. You make a good point, though, although I don't think it's guaranteed because of that reason alone.

I'd wouldn't be opposed to it getting delayed further regardless, since my wallet is crying. lmao

Edited by Zephrese

11 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

what was the last AAA Sony 1st party game that came out in Oct-Dec in the last 7 years?

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 comes to mind. Those all had Q4 release dates. Spider-Man: Miles Morales aswell. Demons Souls Remake.

Death Stranding, it's not first party but exclusive.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 comes to mind. Those all had Q4 release dates. Spider-Man: Miles Morales aswell.

Those first three, to be fair, all came out well over seven years ago. Miles Morales was a launch title for a new console as well, so it might be the exception.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Those first three, to be fair, all came out well over seven years ago. Miles Morales was a launch title for a new console as well, so it might be the exception.

Yeah still those are first party games released Q4. Infamous: Blood Festival also had a Q4 release date. Killzone 1, Killzone: Shadow Fall & Resistance 2.

We are now up to 8  first party games released in Q4. First party games have been released on pretty much every month, now that i'm looking. But Q1 and Q2 is the most common by a landslide. Especially in recent years.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

You couldnt possibly have dreamt that it would release next week instead? =>

:lol: I know, right? I'm sorry I let you down!

Hopefully this month we get an official announcement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

According to Tom Henderson:

The Collector’s Editions of God of War Ragnarok will feature a 1:1 scale replica of Thor’s Mjolnir hammer, with the two editions being named the Collectors Edition and the Jotnar Edition. The Jotnar Edition comes with just the hammer and the game, whilst the Collectors Edition comes with other pieces such as some badges, a map of the world, and more.

https://exputer.com/news/playstation/god-of-war-ragnarok-release-date-announcement/

Edited by ziggypossum
FIXED

The gaming community surrounding this release right now embarrasses me as a gamer. Dick pics, hate, blame, wild conspiracy theories on why no release date yet flabbergasts me. We need to channel our passion elsewhere until then. Still looking forward to hearing more though. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

The gaming community surrounding this release right now embarrasses me as a gamer. Dick pics, hate, blame, wild conspiracy theories on why no release date yet flabbergasts me. We need to channel our passion elsewhere until then. Still looking forward to hearing more though. 

so i SHOULDNT send dick pics to devs if they cant give me a release date? ive been doing it all wrong...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

you announce the game with a 2021 release window, past half 2022 still not even a season release date window and you're surprised people are tired of waiting?

bad marketing gets punished, do better next time, you want to give fake release date targets to hype your console launch? suffer the consequences

We can agree to disagree with the gaming response and approach. Just thankful a sequel is coming and the devs are committed to setting the quality bar high for themselves and wanting to deliver a superior product. 

• Like 1

wonder how hard itll be to order the Mjolnir edition or if itll succumb to the bullshit "online only". Last CE i got was Elden Ring and Forbidden West. Depending how the hammer looks i may get it, otherwise Standard is fine.

NOW.... 11/10/22.... i know some places go day,month,year, others month,day,year

which is this?