God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

whether its "Huge" remains to be seen. I dont want tons of slow plodding rowboat crap, and fairly linear pathing....

the norse story was supposed to be a three game story, they combined the last two in one because Cory didn't want people to wait a long time to see the story completed, that's what they mean by bigger/huge

IMO this was a huge mistake, more games in a story doesn't mean just more waiting, with waiting you get a refresh of the gameplay, grahics and other things, everything gets better with each game

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK: CORY BARLOG REVEALS WHY THERE WON'T BE A NORSE TRILOGY

“If you think of a third one in that same [time], we’re talking of a span close to fifteen years of a single story, and I feel like that’s just too stretched out,”

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

the norse story was supposed to be a three game story, they combined the last two in one because Cory didn't want people to wait a long time to see the story completed, that's what they mean by bigger/huge

IMO this was a huge mistake, more games in a story doesn't mean just more waiting, with waiting you get a refresh of the gameplay, grahics and other things, everything gets better with each game

yeah i vaguely remember something about it going from 3 to 2. What i dont get now is like you said, they have one chance to make Ragnarok feel fresh compared to 2018 GOW. Not sure what they intend to do, obviously but i mean if its not refreshed enough people may just ask what did they spend 4 years on other than story elements and obviously some designs. 

But i get it, it could be as bad as the FF7 remake, which yes will also be 3 parts, has been overdone to death as it is and we dont even get part 2 until winter 2023.... barring any delay. Meaning FF7 part 3 may not even arrive till 2027. Thats a long gap for 3 games, they face the same thing GoW did in needing to stay fresh.

My biggest concern is how it ends, i honestly cant see Kratos doing ANOTHER journey after Olympus gods and then Norse mythos. He has to surely die... but then what? Atreus as a lead? yeah right. 

curious to see what goes down, but they have 1 shot here. Best make it count right?

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

My biggest concern is how it ends, i honestly cant see Kratos doing ANOTHER journey after Olympus gods and then Norse mythos. He has to surely die... but then what? Atreus as a lead? yeah right.

Kratos dying was predicted in 2018 so it's very likely, but they also keep saying in the game dialogue how destiny is not set, they can change it and so on, so who really knows, but dying means nothing for Kratos anyway, he died multiple times before the 2018 game, we're still waiting to find out how he didn't die at the end of 3, so even if he dies in this one, they can always bring him back later

as for Atreus being the new lead for the next games, I really don't see how, Atreus is the norse myth, and the norse myth ends in this game, without the norse myth, he has no meaning, unless they want to repeat his father's journey of going to other myths, which again, for what point?

I can see them putting the IP to rest again after this one, for  Atreus, at most give him a side game, not a main one, where he resolves some unfinished stuff, but for Kratos there's really no point in a continuation, the whole point of Kratos coming back was to show how he changed, that's done, what next? he changes back? that's why a trilogy felt more reasonable, we would've got 3 full new Kratos games, now it kinda feels abrupt to end it with 2, unless this game is so amazing that it makes up for two games

5 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

Kratos dying was predicted in 2018 so it's very likely, but they also keep saying in the game dialogue how destiny is not set, they can change it and so on, so who really knows, but dying means nothing for Kratos anyway, he died multiple times before the 2018 game, we're still waiting to find out how he didn't die at the end of 3, so even if he dies in this one, they can always bring him back later

as for Atreus being the new lead for the next games, I really don't see how, Atreus is the norse myth, and the norse myth ends in this game, without the norse myth, he has no meaning, unless they want to repeat his father's journey of going to other myths, which again, for what point?

I can see them putting the IP to rest again after this one, for  Atreus, at most give him a side game, not a main one, where he resolves some unfinished stuff, but for Kratos there's really no point in a continuation, the whole point of Kratos coming back was to show how he changed, that's done, what next? he changes back? that's why a trilogy felt more reasonable, we would've got 3 full new Kratos games, now it kinda feels abrupt to end it with 2, unless this game is so amazing that it makes up for two games

Yeah it definitely needs a rest for a bit, and maybe they come with a new IP or something with similar elements but no mythos or kratos who knows. But like Kratos should fully die die.

As for how he survived after 3.... i wouldn't be shocked if they forgot about it haha. I'm also curious who the big bad will be. No one could have suspected Baldor before or whatever. Odin maybe? 

18 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah it definitely needs a rest for a bit, and maybe they come with a new IP or something with similar elements but no mythos or kratos who knows. But like Kratos should fully die die.

As for how he survived after 3.... i wouldn't be shocked if they forgot about it haha. I'm also curious who the big bad will be. No one could have suspected Baldor before or whatever. Odin maybe? 

I want to see Kratos find peace, that's his goal, he tried to find it in the norse realm, but his wife set him up with all this mess, everything Kratos is doing right now, it's not because of his fault, it's because pretty much his wife that can see in the future set it up for him to fight the norse gods as her revenge against them because she knew that him and a kid from him would be strong enough to take on the norse gods

they didn't forget about the ending of 3, Cory keeps teasing that we'll see it but he never says when, there was supposed to be a comicbook that revealed it, but they lied about it as far as we know because the comic was about how Kratos kinda had a fever dream that meant nothing, I'm expecting that we'll see it in this game

the main enemy of both the 2018 game and this game is Odin, in an indirect way, but he's the main one, everything that happens is because of him, Baldur was a collateral victim, he didn't care about Kratos, Baldur was just following the orders of Odin and wanted revenge against his mother, if Odin didn't order him to take Atreus and Kratos didn't get between him and his mother, there would be no problem between Kratos and Baldur, in fact, Baldur is very similar to Kratos, they could've been friends under different circumstances

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 3:48 AM, Infected Elite said:

dont get me wrong, ive gotten mad at a game and cursed out dev teams, but they never heard me. I normally just call them idiots. But other than that, i fail to understand why people get mad when things get delayed. Not everything released will end up like 2077. Also every game ships with issues which is why its normally common to see a day 1 patch.

I think for many gamers, they werent around in the era youd have to almost go into a store to see a new game on a shelf. Its all this knowledge and hackers etc.

Everyone figures cause some insider douchebag had a "scoop" on june 30 for GoW news it must be accurate. Wouldnt shock me if Sony was like fuck this guy, we will wait till mid july for an update. 

I mean really, what difference does it make if it was announced today june 30, or august 30th for example. Its still before street date, its still going to be up for preorder, people will still be have to wait until the actual release date to play it.

I focus more on upcoming games by month. i preorder a ton. LOTS. But im only looking at my games i have coming to me in July now. Then ill look to august. im not "OMG CONFIRM RELEASE DATE CORY" like these idiots sending dick pics are like. They need to get lives.

Would be better if sony found all of their psn accounts and banned them all permanently. IP and everything 

Being frustrated a game is delayed a fine, criticism is also fine, but harassment is just plain ol' harassment and isn't gonna get anyone their game any sooner.

I think someone people definitely take "leaks" and rumours far too seriously. Maybe it's just because I have a mountain of a backlog myself, but I really don't understand getting this antsy about a game release. Surely there must be tons of other games to keep people occupied until GoW releases?

On 01/07/2022 at 11:28 AM, tonkie18 said:

British and a parent by any chance? ? 

Only a parent to overly needy cats I'm afraid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Being frustrated a game is delayed a fine, criticism is also fine, but harassment is just plain ol' harassment and isn't gonna get anyone their game any sooner.

I think someone people definitely take "leaks" and rumours far too seriously. Maybe it's just because I have a mountain of a backlog myself, but I really don't understand getting this antsy about a game release. Surely there must be tons of other games to keep people occupied until GoW releases?

exactly. Like, ive made it no secret i buy more games than i play, but between end of july with Xenoblade 3 and Digimon, up until at least Dec 2nd with Callisto Protocol, ill be getting 1 to 3 games A WEEK. i have tons to play. Do i care if GoW comes out in 2022? eh. sure but if it doesnt its not like im gonna lose sleep over it. Its a game. Most will rush through. Even enjoying it, most will finish within a week. 

I'm honestly more hyped for Star Ocean and Valkyrie Elysium and Soul Hackers than i am GoW. I know what to expect from GoW games. Not much will change.

12 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Only a parent to overly needy cats I'm afraid.

i have a needy cat! he's also a pansy lol

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:28 AM, tonkie18 said:

Jesus. Come here anticipating a lovely read and chat about the up and coming release and there’s a bunch of kids arguing again.

Why does everything have to be a b*tching contest. Who knows the most, who’s played the most, who has better trophies.

I left primary school 23 years ago and it feels like I’m back there daily on this site!

I hate to break this to you but this is a public internet forum you’re using here. 

I can speak from actual experience that there are far, far worse forums out there where people are regularly mistreated. Regardless, you’re going to find people who don’t like you and critique you on many places online. 

That’s the reality. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 7:28 PM, tonkie18 said:

Jesus. Come here anticipating a lovely read and chat about the up and coming release and there’s a bunch of kids arguing again.

Why does everything have to be a b*tching contest. Who knows the most, who’s played the most, who has better trophies.

I left primary school 23 years ago and it feels like I’m back there daily on this site!

Are you new to the Internet?

I'm trying to think of a place off the top of my head where arguing doesn't happen.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

On 2022-06-30 at 4:49 PM, The Investigator said:

you announce the game with a 2021 release window, past half 2022 still not even a season release date window and you're surprised people are tired of waiting?

bad marketing gets punished, do better next time, you want to give fake release date targets to hype your console launch? suffer the consequences

Yet it's us along with the devs that will "suffer the consequences" if they rush and end up making a bad final product. If you're a top tier developer like Santa Monica studios, I think the reception and overall quality of their product matters more to them than a couple of gamers that can't wait a few extra months 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Every post I’m interested in reading I have to sift through huge and petty arguments - most of which stem from certain people who think they’re better than others. I really dislike arrogant people. I really dislike patronising people too @AJ_Radio @enaysoft

Sorry I’d prefer people to get along. Sorry I’d prefer people to be humble and kind. Sorry I think it would be a much nicer place if people could share their love of something without ‘Youre shit and I’m better’ every other post. And sorry if it bothers you I point it out in the hope that people step back and think ‘yeah I am being pretty pathetic for a grown man’ (it’s always the men!) I witness similar behaviour from my toddlers. Apologies I thought adults used this site. 

I don’t exactly know what happened in the last page as it was just a couple people attacking each other over trivial nonsense regarding a game we’re actually looking forward to. Which is where I think you’re seeing the rift between forum users. I don’t know what their point regarding God of War Ragnarok even was. 

Regardless, I know a few places that make this place feel tame in comparison. 

Gaming forums tend to attract some of the worse individuals, and I’m speaking from first hand experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

Every post I’m interested in reading I have to sift through huge and petty arguments - most of which stem from certain people who think they’re better than others. I really dislike arrogant people. I really dislike patronising people too @AJ_Radio @enaysoft

Sorry I’d prefer people to get along. Sorry I’d prefer people to be humble and kind. Sorry I think it would be a much nicer place if people could share their love of something without ‘Youre shit and I’m better’ every other post. And sorry if it bothers you I point it out in the hope that people step back and think ‘yeah I am being pretty pathetic for a grown man’ (it’s always the men!) I witness similar behaviour from my toddlers. Apologies I thought adults used this site. 

Erm. I presumed your original post was tounge and cheek. And mine was a joke, don't be upset.

Someone was complaining about Elden Ring the other day and someone replied with "First time playing a Souls game" and that got like a million upvotes

Also I agree with you! I’d prefer people to get along. There's no way that's going to happen though. You left primary school 23 years ago, I was on the Internet in 1999 and I can assure you that people were being mean to each other and arguing on the Internet even back then lol. The Internet is outrage and fight club 24/7

The thing to remember is actually, we are a kind lot deep down. I think this is a good community, no an awesome community! Compared to the average twitter user, or people who use Tik Tok or Instagram. This community is fantastic.

However, this place is like 95% guys, we like games, shitposting, having arguments, and we especially love complaining. You're a Brit like me so you should understand, as a Brit moaning and complaining about everyone and everything is one of our best past times. Long may the fun continue I say! lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Sorry I’d prefer people to get along. Sorry I’d prefer people to be humble and kind. Sorry I think it would be a much nicer place if people could share their love of something without ‘Youre shit and I’m better’ every other post. 

This thread has been very tame compared to others I’ve seen in recent weeks. So many threads have been deleted by mods because people just don’t know how to behave online. As soon as a new thread about a new shovelware game gets created it is usually deleted within a few hours because people just start arguing about trophy whoring and not trophy whoring. Kinda funny to see. While I think a vast majority of people here are “adults” I know there’s quite a few young ones aswell but they usually act in a more mature way than most adults ?

But if we were compare this forum to the cesspool that is twitter we should

consider ourselves lucky ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Kinda funny to see.

Of course lol.

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

But if we were compare this forum to the cesspool that is twitter we should

consider ourselves lucky ?

Haha yes I just posted something like that. This place is like the Cartoon Network is getting into fights on the Internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mori said:

Yes, fuck men .. good job in trying to get along with everyone, while antagonizing like .. 95% of PSNP demographic? Seriously, what does gender have to do with anything? People can be pathetic no matter their gender.

Sorry for further derailing the topic ..

Gender was brought up because every single time I’ve seen an argument it’s men! I have never seen women on this site go at each other, belittle or judge each other. Whether that’s due to the majority of users being male I don’t know. But if we are talking stereotypes - I thought women were meant to be bitchy! I didn’t realise how bitchy men could be. 

and yeah this is a tamer post. But Jesus I’m tired of every post I go to read I have to sift through a huge argument rather than reading about the content I came for! It’s exhausting.

So if everyone can play nice and get along and not make me read through a load of egotistical b*llocks that would be great ta ?

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Erm. I presumed your original post was tounge and cheek. And mine was a joke, don't be upset.

Someone was complaining about Elden Ring the other day and someone replied with "First time playing a Souls game" and that got like a million upvotes

Also I agree with you! I’d prefer people to get along. There's no way that's going to happen though. You left primary school 23 years ago, I was on the Internet in 1999 and I can assure you that people were being mean to each other and arguing on the Internet even back then lol. The Internet is outrage and fight club 24/7

The thing to remember is actually, we are a kind lot deep down. I think this is a good community, no an awesome community! Compared to the average twitter user, or people who use Tik Tok or Instagram. This community is fantastic.

However, this place is like 95% guys, we like games, shitposting, having arguments, and we especially love complaining. You're a Brit like me so you should understand, as a Brit moaning and complaining about everyone and everything is one of our best past times. Long may the fun continue I say! lol

What do you think I’m doing?! I’m a Brit complaining about all the moaning and complaining ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

A PS4 theme... yet they refuse to make new ones (and/or offer them in the new webstore) and they don't even exist on PS5.

F-ing idiots.

meh. i care about the game. not themes/avys. i have a custom picture for friends. I dont use ps4 at all and when i use ps5 its not to look at themes. 

downside for collector edition is digital again. But im not a big fan of that hammer design. Prob stick with Standard .

Whats MSRP?

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1