I just want to give a heads up about Walmart and the PS5

ragtag7

I got lucky and got a PS5 for $499 online from Walmart the moment it went live two days ago. As far as I know, if you order a PS5 from Walmart your card is going to be charged immediately. I checked my bank account the moment I got my confirmation email and sure enough I saw a charge for it. I haven't heard other retailers do the same so I thought I would just throw this out here just in case anyone was curious.

Happy hunting!

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Was it a temporary authorization to ensure you had the credit for a full debit? In the US, it’s more common to see a temporary authorization for up to 48 hours before the debit transfers. 

Honestly I don't know, it's not showing as pending, it's showing as a straight charge. I personally don't mind but I can see how that could be a big problem for some, which is why I made this post.

It could be dependent on who you bank with as well, I use Wells Fargo.

43 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Why wouldn't they? They already charged him, and did the same for me so I think were good to go

Well, I can’t speak to Wal-Mart, but years ago, GameStop charged my card for a supposedly-available PS3, only to be told that it would be two months before I got it.

They’re certainly under no legal obligation to ship it immediately.

12 minutes ago, ragtag7 said:

Honestly I don't know, it's not showing as pending, it's showing as a straight charge. I personally don't mind but I can see how that could be a big problem for some, which is why I made this post.

It could be dependent on who you bank with as well, I use Wells Fargo.

They might refund it later. Lots of places my wife and I buy from do that. Bill, then refund a couple of days later.

• Like 1