True Legend Trophy - Scramble Exploit Explanation

slayer02348

• 1 month later...

Does this method still work? I’m having a difficult time getting this trophy to pop. I’ve followed these steps several times now and made sure to be under par on every single hole, and it still won’t pop. It’s starting to get frustrating.

Edit: Managed to pop it on my 6th attempt. I still have no idea what I was doing wrong, or whether it was just glitchy. I monitored my scores very closely each time, and the only thing I changed up in this final attempt was the course location (from Boston to Louisiana). 

Edited by dieselmanchild

• 2 months later...

Just confirming this still works I got it today on my 2nd attempt. 1st attempt was on Louisiana course and it didn't pop 2nd was on Boston where I got it. Not entirely sure the course had anything to do with it though. On my first attempt I changed the difficulty to Legendary while on the first tee so it could have been that. Best to make sure the difficulty is set to legendary when setting up the match (press options then shoulder buttons to change tab to difficulty). I made sure my main player sank the last put & also score card was under par. I also used the beginner player to hole a few puts though so it didn't have to be my player that sank all puts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Confirming that it still works. Took me 3 or 4 tries. I also accidentally sunk the putt with my player on Easy and still got the trophy. I kept track of all the putts I made vs my easy player and added 1 stroke to my score of the easy guy made it, and didn’t add if I made it. So I’m pretty sure the people that say you have to add a stroke of the other player makes it are correct (A birdie would be par, eagle would be a birdie, etc) Was still under Par that way, so who makes the last putt may not matter 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my experience:

LL0xVX2.jpg

Finished every hole with my player except the 4th which I accidentally chipped in with the other. I'd tried this yesterday with the other player putting a few holes, got nothing. I think, to be on the safe side, you should try to put everything with your player and do everything you can to make sure they're hitting under par. Red tees, no wind, the lot. 

I don't know how people find exploits like this but I'm so glad they do. After two rounds of this I still have no idea how you're supposed to hit shots on this difficulty. There's no way I would have been able to get this trophy without this method.

• Like 1

Trophy acquired with this method! Second attempt. First attempt I lost track and let the guest player drop the last one and it didn’t work. 

This time, used Boston. Well under par overall (-13), and no holes over par. Kept the opposing team over par just to be safe. Made as many holes as I could (the majority) with my player, but the teammate also holed a few (including two chip in eagles) and trophy popped immediately on winning. 

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and those who discovered this exploit!

Edited by cperman

Still works May 2, 2022. Pretty much did TPC Boston, red tees only, no wind, legendary on main and beginner on the rest. My main player putted majority of the holes (14-15) and made sure to be the one to putt the last hole. Even got a bogey on accident but birdies made up for so trophy is looking at the overall score in case anyone is worried about that. I also made the opposing team take several bogeys, just like cperman, to be safe. Overall score was -7 (my team) to +10 (opposing)

Edited by lightherosomic
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got this yesterday doing the scramble method. I finished -11 with my partner (me) lol i was -5 on my score card and i made the last putt on 18 with my golfer(on legend) and it popped along with the scamble trophy aswell 

• Finish under par (-)
  • Make last putt with your golfer not guest
  • Play on TPC Boston

• 2 months later...

I managed to get this trophy yesterday, so it still works.

I tried 3 times, and the only time it popped for me was when I was the Golfer who actually made the putt for Birdie or Par on all 18 holes.

Usual settings,  TPC Boston, Player 1 Legend, 2, 3 and 4 on Beginner.  Put the Tees to shortest, no wind, slow greens and soft fairways.

Good Luck.

Cant post a screenshot for some reason.

but i got the trophy just now.

Played on TPC louisiana - everything was the same as in the guide i only turned off the wind.

At hole 5 i putted with the CPU by accident and the rest with my own pro, had -13.

From my point of view it looks like it doesnt matter who makes the put as long as your team is under pas.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, audiopile said:

How stroke is counted:

Every stroke counts for one. Even if you do not sink the putt but made an attempt it will count against you. This is why it is important to make sure you (not your partner) finish the hole.

Examples:

Par 4 

You putt for birdie first but miss = 4 strokes

Your partner scores the bird after you = 3 strokes

Your team score is -1 but your golfer is EVEN. 

Par 4

You putt for par and miss = 5 strokes ( you are now over PAR for that hole and +1 for the last two holes)

Your partner finishes the hole = 4 strokes

Your two round team score is showing as -1 but your golfer score is actually 1 over so you will not get the trophy but cannot understand why.

TLDR;

TPC Boston is a PAR 73 so you must finish the round with less than 74 strokes to player to get the True Legend Trophy.  Remember, we are using an exploit. So the game will only pop the trophy if you have met the requirements (Par or better on Legend difficulty). Winning the match doesnt matter, your team score doesnt matter. Only your total stroke count at the end of the round.

This helped massively. I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting it. But then counting strokes off, I ended up unlocking it!

I probably put down 60% and partner 40. But my stroke was underneath every hole.

Edited by OpenScars
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This still works, took a few attempts though.

Played Scramble Match on TPC Louisiana, no wind, red tees, my player on legendary, rest on beginner. My player putted on 16 holes, where I got 9 birdies, 6 pars and 1 bogey.

Other player putted the other two (including the 18th hole) and got a par and eagle.

When going to round stats after the round it said I had 10 birdies, 6 pars and 2 bogeys, so it had added one stroke to the putts made by the other player.

Key seems to be getting your player to do most of the putting otherwise they’ll add a stroke unnecessarily.