Inferno Run

Titanomachy_75

No, you can quit the game out if you want and you can pause as long as you press the Options button like in RE2 Remake. The best times to save for me were:

1. After the power plant area with the spiders.

2. Before fighting flamethrower Nemesis on the rooftop of the burning building.

3. Before fighting Nemesis in the fountain area.

4. After the hospital segment with Carlos when you gain control of Jill again.

5. Right before the final Nemesis fight.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, Redgrave said:

No, you can quit the game out if you want and you can pause as long as you press the Options button like in RE2 Remake. The best times to save for me were:

1. After the power plant area with the spiders.

2. Before fighting flamethrower Nemesis on the rooftop of the burning building.

3. Before fighting Nemesis in the fountain area.

4. After the hospital segment with Carlos when you gain control of Jill again.

5. Right before the final Nemesis fight.

Damn I just started my run here ...And Fuck that I had to save at the first save spot! lol It took me almost 1 hour to get there!! SIGH! That damn zombie at the elevator 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Damn I just started my run here ...And Fuck that I had to save at the first save spot! lol It took me almost 1 hour to get there!! SIGH! That damn zombie at the elevator 

Yeah getting grabbed by the zombies is pretty much instant death and apart from having a grenade I don't think you can get out of their grabs on Inferno. I died to zombie Brad a few times and so I had to fight rooftop Nemesis a lot. For zombie Brad I'm not really sure what advice I could give there except keep your distance and shoot him in the face as much as possible. Every time I tried to shoot his legs I couldn't get him to fall over due to how sturdy he is.

Edited by Redgrave

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah getting grabbed by the zombies is pretty much instant death and apart from having a grenade I don't think you can get out of their grabs on Inferno. I died to zombie Brad a few times and so I had to fight rooftop Nemesis a lot. For zombie Brad I'm not really sure what advice I could give there except keep your distance and shoot him in the face as much as possible. Every time I tried to shoot his legs I couldn't get him to fall over due to how sturdy he is.

I saved it twice on a mistake at the first save point! Lol then saved the 3rd one at the roof top. And my 4th save I made it to the underground facility before the 2nd fight. I thought I would never make it cause my mistake in saves lol ? 

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 5:25 AM, Redgrave said:

Any advice on the rolling charlie head? Died there 3 times now and the walk back is dreadful

22 minutes ago, Kimbapbap said:

Any advice on the rolling charlie head? Died there 3 times now and the walk back is dreadful

Yeah that one got me a couple times too. What I did was I just made sure to turn around as fast as possible and try to steer right once you get close to the bottom. If you run straight too long you will die and so I think the idea is to try and turn right as soon as you can to get into the safe spot so that way you don't have to take a second to stop and turn.

Edited by Redgrave

On 12/7/2020 at 11:58 AM, Redgrave said:

Yeah that one got me a couple times too. What I did was I just made sure to turn around as fast as possible and try to steer right once you get close to the bottom. If you run straight too long you will die and so I think the idea is to try and turn right as soon as you can to get into the safe spot so that way you don't have to take a second to stop and turn.

I'm still dying 2 out of 3 times here but the times I was able to get past I died from Brad. Unfortunately, I've already used up 3 save slots so its tough. I think I'm throwing the towel on this one. Probably going to revisit this half a year down the road but this has given me a good amount of stress for the last couple of days. I'd like to think that I'm a veteran hunter but fuck this lol. 

36 minutes ago, Kimbapbap said:

I'm still dying 2 out of 3 times here but the times I was able to get past I died from Brad. Unfortunately, I've already used up 3 save slots so its tough. I think I'm throwing the towel on this one. Probably going to revisit this half a year down the road but this has given me a good amount of stress for the last couple of days. I'd like to think that I'm a veteran hunter but fuck this lol. 

Brad was probably the most frustrating part of the whole run because getting grabbed by him means you will die and he's faster than the regular zombies. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread I don't even know what I did to get past him other than shoot him in the head and keep distance but that was still difficult since he doesn't really get stunned. But after getting past him I think you're in the clear up until the final boss, unless you just get bad luck with the Hunters in the hospital but I don't think they did their instant kill on me in my Inferno run. But yeah maybe a day or two from it would be nice and if it comes down to it maybe start over and use the saves I listed. I definitely think saving before flamethrower Nemesis is a good spot although it might be tempting to wait until you save at the gun store.

1 hour ago, Kimbapbap said:

Don't give up, you're so close! Do a few runs in a lower difficulty just so you can practice where you're dying most. 

For Charlie you just have to run as soon as you can without looking back, there's also a speedrun strat that can help you go up the stairs faster, if you slightly press and release the aim button while going up or down any stairs, it cancels the walking animation and you kinda moonwalk in the stairs increasing your speed.

For Brad, as soon as the cutscene ended, i ran back and went down the stairs to the room where you find Leon's stuff in Remake 2, then just waited for Tyrell to open the door there, and everytime i went back up Brad was hanging way back in a corner

On 07/12/2020 at 3:36 AM, Kimbapbap said:

You probably haven't heard of this much, but instead of just running down the stairs, dodge once or twice as well, believe it or not, the short burst of speed actually really helps there!! I can almost guarantee you that if you dodge while you run down the stairs, you will get away fast enough!!  

You need to kill Brad outside RPD otherwise he will make more trouble later. Easy if you have RL, just go and grab it from the box then go back and kill him. 

If you wanna dodge punch him consistently, strafe walk left or right around him, then the moment he lunges press R1 to counter punch

Edited by Optinooby

• 4 months later...