General Tips

MesopithecusUK

I've just finished episode 9 and while I'm loving the story and general gameplay, I am rubbish during battle.

The smaller Nevi I am fine with, but the larger boss battles I am finding that I can only connect a move around 30% of the time or end up flying off in general directions, just wondered what everyone else's experiences were and if you had any tips? (other than keep practicing)

Also, I'm leaving the challenges until after the main story, I know I definitely need to practice Gravity Slide as I'm hopeless, but overall how did you find the difficulty of the challenges?

The Gravity Slide was actually my favorite challenge to do lol. I just pretended like my Vita was a steering wheel then I had no problems. The other challenges was pretty easy but it's the DLC stages you need to worry about. >.< that one lava race one was literally making me rage. When you said flying all over the place I'm assuming you use gravity kick alot and end up missing? Oh BTW Gravity Typhoon is gonna be your best friend in Gravity Rush :) 

• Like 1

The game takes a bit to get used to. When your Gravity Kicking, you got to keep that little circular blue sight point at a red weak point. So you have to turn and tilt the whole Vita to do that. It also helps to start the kick further away, it gives it more power and more of a chance to zero in. You'll stop dead when you successfully connect a kick, so be prepared to fly away immediately. Hit and run tactics are the best. The challenges take quite a bit of practice. I platted the game and raged so hard on the challenges.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm to the point now where I've finished the retail game and I'm polishing off the dlc. The challenges are the worst part for me. I do like the game play and I feel it's original. I just don't feel the controls are precise enough to do some of the challenges. I have been able to finish all of them so far, but I feel that I'm overcoming them more by luck and perseverance than actual skill (the challenge difficulty comes from lack of control as opposed to the challenge itself). With that being said, I feel that the biggest help for me was turning down the camera and motion sensitivity all the way where I could control Kat better. I was able to reduce the times where I was totally upside down and unable to discern which way is which that way (very helpful in races). Also, I've noticed that using Gravity Kick (:r1:, :square:) instead of speed shifting (:r1:, :X:) is better for traveling short distances in checkpoint races. Kat usually hits the checkpoint and gets right back up as you hit the checkpoint with Gravity Kick.

Edited by Rowdi

I'm to the point now where I've finished the retail game and I'm polishing off the dlc. The challenges are the worst part for me. I do like the game play and I feel it's original. I just don't feel the controls are precise enough to do some of the challenges. I have been able to finish all of them so far, but I feel that I'm overcoming them more by luck and perseverance than actual skill (the challenge difficulty comes from lack of control as opposed to the challenge itself). With that being said, I feel that the biggest help for me was turning down the camera and motion sensitivity all the way where I could control Kat better. I was able to reduce the times where I was totally upside down and unable to discern which way is which that way (very helpful in races). Also, I've noticed that using Gravity Kick ( :r1:, :square:) instead of speed shifting ( :r1:, :X:) is better for traveling short distances in checkpoint races. Kat usually hits the checkpoint and gets right back up as you hit the checkpoint with Gravity Kick.

Gravity Kicking your way through checkpoints is actually the only real way to get through the Rift Plane Health Race anywhere close to the time required for the silver and gold medals.

• 3 weeks later...