Complete 1,000 FATEs.

Stedde

It's been a long time since I did this, but FATES in lower level areas can be completed a lot faster than the higher area ones.

My suggestion is to pick your favourite starting area (Middle La Noscea was mine), put on a podcast / music / TV show you love and just grind them out there. You can solo them, but I'd suggest getting out your Chocobo for that extra little dps.

If you're going for anything like Atmas or any other of the weapons that require FATE grinding, you can incorporate those into your overall 1,000.

Alternately, there's a lot of "FATE trains" around at the moment for the Yokai event. Joining one of those would get you a lot done pretty fast, since the groups are usually full.

Hope these help! ?

Edited by Xucien
  • Like 1

I have no idea how much you have access to, since idk if you're on free trial or not, but there's two quick respawning fates right next to each other in Outer La Noscea, in the U'Ghammaro Mines. 

Additionally, you have flying in A Realm Reborn areas now, making it faster. If you have access to Blue Mage, and a bunch of the skills on it, most notably Missile, you can grind out a lot of fates really quickly due to the availability of their full kit regardless of level sync, and a lot of Boss Fates in A Realm Reborn are susceptible to Missile. 

If you're doing it right now, I would suggest combining it with the Yokai Watch event if you want some event cosmetics.

Regardless of what method you take, if you're grinding Fates out solely for the trophy, it's going to be slow-ish. 

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

with the new fate log system in shadowbringers for each area, if you max out each area in terms of rank, that is a total of 360 fates. a good chunk of progress, also the fates spawn quite quickly in Norvrandt.

or just farm fates with the yokai watch event thing. so you can get minions and a mount as well. if i recall correctly, you need to do around 75 fates or so to get all the minions and the mount.

just avoid ARR for fates, go to the expansion areas, they spawn much quicker, especially in Stormblood and Shadowbringers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

If you have access to Heavensward, the Heavensward zones are filled with people doing FATES since they're involved in the new Relic quest that was released today.

I do.
Thanks for the tip!

I am only 2 trophies away from the platinum, this one and catch 1000 fishes.
So it would be nice with a break from all the fishing. ?