Do You Think DLC Will Make the Platinum Trophy Easier?

Will DLC Make the Platinum trophy Easier?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Will DLC Make the Platinum trophy Easier?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, shary96 said:

My two cents. In a possible upcoming DLC they will add a trophy for beating all the developers' relics. As it stands now, they are meaningless and don't offer anything other than frustration.

I believe they won't. The same as they didn't in CTR, in terms of adding a new trophy list of course.

I think that IF they add any DLC (with a new trophy list), it will be just a new content with new levels and I predict that we'll see new (old) characters, like Ripper Roo, Pinstripe Potoroo or Fake Crash. New levels may be harder than we see in a base game, I think.

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 1:12 PM, ZKA9 said:

DLC doubt will make the platinum easier, but PS5 version should have higher/more stable fps + faster loading. So that should help.

Oh no... Am I going to have to get all these same relics again on PS5 version if I want full Crash collection? Please tell me shared trophy lists

On 18.10.2020 at 4:17 PM, Spaz said:

The point I'm making is the DLC should be at least a little harder than what is offered in the base game. Stormy Ascent was the hardest in the first Crash outside of The High Road (which was bullshit more than legitimately difficult).

Whether you think it's hard enough or not, I can't judge since I haven't played this for myself yet. Crash 4 from what I've seen so far is still a lot more fair and user friendly than the old Crash games on the PS1, which were downright brutal if you wanted to get everything.

I disagree to be honest, i think base games these days should be harder and dlcs can be kinda easy and should work like a relaxation after the platinum. Since they increased the platinum value, dlcs already lost value and making them hard, stupid or grindy makes it pretty much a waste of time to go for them trophywise.

• Like 3

I highly doubt the DLC will effect the platinum this time since it says ‘get ALL platinum relics’ rather than a number like in Crash 1. 

But...

I would like DLC to make the 100% a 10/10 difficulty, because then these forums would explode and would provide quality evening entertainment reading all the posts of people mad. And only the true 3l1t3 g4m3rs will get it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, westersburg said:

I disagree to be honest, i think base games these days should be harder and dlcs can be kinda easy and should work like a relaxation after the platinum. Since they increased the platinum value, dlcs already lost value and making them hard, stupid or grindy makes it pretty much a waste of time to go for them trophywise.

Stop thinking of DLC and non platinum games as stuff not worth doing because of point value. The raw platinum count doesn't mean shit anymore.

It's why so many people skipped Sonic Mania because it didn't have a platinum trophy. I've done DLC and 100 percent games that were harder than a lot of platinum trophies I've gone for. That doesn't mean they're not worth doing.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Stop thinking of DLC and non platinum games as stuff not worth doing because of point value. The raw platinum count doesn't mean shit anymore.

It's why so many people skipped Sonic Mania because it didn't have a platinum trophy. I've done DLC and 100 percent games that were harder than a lot of platinum trophies I've gone for. That doesn't mean they're not worth doing.

Well i mean there are dlcs worth playing regardless of point value, but in the last months we got so many ng+ updates that bring literally nothing new to the table but force you to play the whole game once again. Considering the fact that this site is heavily based on rankings and stuff, it's definitely a factor worth mentioning. There are even dlcs out there i play(ed), which don't even have trophies at all.

Also, 100% games should be forbidden. Microsoft changed it with the xbox one, that every game gets at least 1000g instead of a few smaller titles getting around 300g. Should be the same on playstation with a platinum for every game.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Well i mean there are dlcs worth playing regardless of point value, but in the last months we got so many ng+ updates that bring literally nothing new to the table but force you to play the whole game once again. Considering the fact that this site is heavily based on rankings and stuff, it's definitely a factor worth mentioning. There are even dlcs out there i play(ed), which don't even have trophies at all.

Also, 100% games should be forbidden. Microsoft changed it with the xbox one, that every game gets at least 1000g instead of a few smaller titles getting around 300g. Should be the same on playstation with a platinum for every game.

That's just lazy padding. There's plenty of DLC, particularly in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that expands the game significantly. That DLC was probably the most exciting DLC I've ever done for trophies.

There's no quality control and it shows with all the Ratalaika games that just hand you a platinum after only 30 minutes of playing. Because of that I don't judge platinums by raw count anymore. How I trophy hunt is I treat each and every game individually, what I have done on my account is basically a collection.

Even reaching over 250 platinums doesn't mean jack shit anymore. At least a few years ago it was a bit more difficult for the trophy whores to stack platinums because of Japanese visual novels costing a fortune. You had to import them, and you probably had to learn a little of the Japanese language to learn some of the settings.

Nowadays anyone can reach 50 - 100 platinums without putting any real effort into them. So it's meaningless.

I was happy to see Crash 4 offer a good challenge, which as I've stated before in this thread, games that are popular and offer challenge are hard to come by nowadays. In the past, those NG+ updates would of put part of the base trophy list, such as Ghost of Tsushima. Today, it is DLC, because most people don't want to put in the effort.

As for 100 percent titles, that's really up to the developers to decide. I will agree that both the reboot HITMAN and HITMAN 2 should of gotten a platinum trophy, but then again, what is a platinum really worth these days?

The amount of people who outright skip DLC and 100 percent games on this website is astounding. This includes people who will automatically skip a game if they think it's too hard, as Crash 4 has proven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

That's just lazy padding. There's plenty of DLC, particularly in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that expands the game significantly. That DLC was probably the most exciting DLC I've ever done for trophies.

There's no quality control and it shows with all the Ratalaika games that just hand you a platinum after only 30 minutes of playing. Because of that I don't judge platinums by raw count anymore. How I trophy hunt is I treat each and every game individually, what I have done on my account is basically a collection.

Even reaching over 250 platinums doesn't mean jack shit anymore. At least a few years ago it was a bit more difficult for the trophy whores to stack platinums because of Japanese visual novels costing a fortune. You had to import them, and you probably had to learn a little of the Japanese language to learn some of the settings.

Nowadays anyone can reach 50 - 100 platinums without putting any real effort into them. So it's meaningless.

I was happy to see Crash 4 offer a good challenge, which as I've stated before in this thread, games that are popular and offer challenge are hard to come by nowadays. In the past, those NG+ updates would of put part of the base trophy list, such as Ghost of Tsushima. Today, it is DLC, because most people don't want to put in the effort.

As for 100 percent titles, that's really up to the developers to decide. I will agree that both the reboot HITMAN and HITMAN 2 should of gotten a platinum trophy, but then again, what is a platinum really worth these days?

The amount of people who outright skip DLC and 100 percent games on this website is astounding. This includes people who will automatically skip a game if they think it's too hard, as Crash 4 has proven.

Crash 4 didn't get the hype the trilogy had, even before the trophies were known. There are plenty of games these days which don't get the attention they deserve. The Mafia definitive edition had way less players, than i expected from the hype on social media before, and the trophies aren't even hard in this game.

I just want to have challenge in the main game and not be baited by an easy platinum but very hard dlc. When i really want to play the game, i do it regardless of the difficulty, but if i can't complete the game on 100% because the game is not good enough to put the effort in to reach the required skill level it sucks. Best example NFS 2015. Easiest NFS Platinum of all time but hardest NFS 100%. That's bs. If you make the main game not so easy, you could get used to the difficulty. That's the case with stormy ascent in Crash Bandicoot 1. Base game already had challenging levels.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, westersburg said:

Crash 4 didn't get the hype the trilogy had, even before the trophies were known. There are plenty of games these days which don't get the attention they deserve. The Mafia definitive edition had way less players, than i expected from the hype on social media before, and the trophies aren't even hard in this game.

Part of the problem is PSNProfiles no longer automatically tracks people like it used to. Sly Ripper made a change a few years back to this website and the result is you have less active players for any game, because most people aren't Premium Members.

Crash 4, Mafia: Definitive Edition and Ghost of Tsushima all had far more people playing, but because this website no longer automatically tracks people, you get more skewed statistics. Which sucks greatly, but there's nothing we can do about it.

13 hours ago, westersburg said:

I just want to have challenge in the main game and not be baited by an easy platinum but very hard dlc. When i really want to play the game, i do it regardless of the difficulty, but if i can't complete the game on 100% because the game is not good enough to put the effort in to reach the required skill level it sucks. Best example NFS 2015. Easiest NFS Platinum of all time but hardest NFS 100%. That's bs. If you make the main game not so easy, you could get used to the difficulty. That's the case with stormy ascent in Crash Bandicoot 1. Base game already had challenging levels.

You can't compare Need for Speed 2015 with Crash Bandicoot 1 in this regard. Crash Bandicoot already had levels that could prepare you for Stormy Ascent. I admit it took me over two hours of attempts before I got the Gold Relic in Stormy Ascent. Even the DLC in Crash Bandicoot: Warped offered a little challenge. If both of those levels were piss easy like the early levels in the Crash trilogy, they wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

Need for Speed on the other hand has mostly easy trophies and then it throws a giant difficulty spike with those Prestige events. They are not only difficult they are also unfair. The game is completely online integrated, even if you want to play single player there is a good chance you will run into other players while you are working on the Prestige events. That is bullshit, so I completely understood @CMH777 when he talked about the Prestige events being overly difficult.

I plan to get Need for Speed Rivals for dirt cheap in the near future and maybe a couple other Need for Speed games. Don't know if I will ever pick up Need for Speed 2015. I hate forced online integration in video games, especially if I bought the games for single player.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Part of the problem is PSNProfiles no longer automatically tracks people like it used to. Sly Ripper made a change a few years back to this website and the result is you have less active players for any game, because most people aren't Premium Members.

Crash 4, Mafia: Definitive Edition and Ghost of Tsushima all had far more people playing, but because this website no longer automatically tracks people, you get more skewed statistics. Which sucks greatly, but there's nothing we can do about it.

You can't compare Need for Speed 2015 with Crash Bandicoot 1 in this regard. Crash Bandicoot already had levels that could prepare you for Stormy Ascent. I admit it took me over two hours of attempts before I got the Gold Relic in Stormy Ascent. Even the DLC in Crash Bandicoot: Warped offered a little challenge. If both of those levels were piss easy like the early levels in the Crash trilogy, they wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

Need for Speed on the other hand has mostly easy trophies and then it throws a giant difficulty spike with those Prestige events. They are not only difficult they are also unfair. The game is completely online integrated, even if you want to play single player there is a good chance you will run into other players while you are working on the Prestige events. That is bullshit, so I completely understood @CMH777 when he talked about the Prestige events being overly difficult.

I plan to get Need for Speed Rivals for dirt cheap in the near future and maybe a couple other Need for Speed games. Don't know if I will ever pick up Need for Speed 2015. I hate forced online integration in video games, especially if I bought the games for single player.

Yeah that's exactly what i was saying. Difficulty spikes are bullshit. Hard game > Hard DLC, Easy Game > Easy DLCs. Or at least make the difference not as huge as it was in NFS. Warped in general was easier than CB1 but a DLC level on the difficulty level of warped would have also fit in there.