Sugestion: Make "Old PSN Level" or "Legacy PSN Level" visible somewhere on PSNProfile

17 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

Some of us were using this old system for the last 10 years to compare overall level of PlayStation players. It has a lot more meaning for some of us than this new system. You knew that someone on level 50 is hardcore, someone on level 10 is a newbie, and someone on level 99 is a no-life :D It is as simple as that  :)

Add a zero onto each of those numbers & it's basically exactly the same thing. ?

16 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

I get that it isn't important to me & that it may be to others, but at least if you have the number that Sony currently support, then you can keep track of where you are with their current system. I really don't see the point in tracking something that means nothing to anyone but yourself & that Sony themselves have moved on from.

Similar to when PSN added their own rarity system for trophies, but this website kept their own rarity percentages simultaneously. Just because one is officially supported doesn't mean the other is irrelevant. 

Why it matters to someone like me: Just like the milestone trophies that are shown in the side panel, even though they are just arbitrary and don't give you any rewards or anything, some people liked to try and time their milestones to be specific trophies. On the old level system, I somehow timed it so that my level 16 or 17 level to occur on exactly the platinum pop for Assassin's Creed II. I was quite proud of that, and now that information is inaccessible.

This is a website dedicated to statistics for video games, so in the grand scheme of things none of this information is vital, but we all still care about it. It doesn't do any harm to have the old levels and level statistics available. Having both the PSNP and official rarities available side-by-side makes me believe it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and the information was being used until less than a month ago so it shouldn't be super hard to retrieve. (of course, I'm not a web design guy so I have no idea and I in no way want to downplay the efforts put in by the people who run this incredible website)

Edited by pokeslob
wording, typos
  • Like 2

I made a spreadsheet that calculates your old PSN level. Just enter your trophy counts on the left. Realize this isn't the same or as dynamic as getting it implemented to the site, but for those interested it's one way to still know. @Kristmas2 @LoveInHell @pokeslob

Picture with link below. It's view only, but feel free to make a copy if you want your own calculator.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-18-at-5-57-14-AM.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_LSWbpB7z5UHuvJJ7Z31IN2cDuvbW5g0D_0CEYpar6w/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

I made a spreadsheet that calculates your old PSN level. Just enter your trophy counts on the left. Realize this isn't the same or as dynamic as getting it implemented to the site, but for those interested it's one way to still know. @Kristmas2 @LoveInHell @pokeslob

Picture with link below. It's view only, but feel free to make a copy if you want your own calculator.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-18-at-5-57-14-AM.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_LSWbpB7z5UHuvJJ7Z31IN2cDuvbW5g0D_0CEYpar6w/edit?usp=sharing

There are calculators online:

https://thatiemsz.github.io/psn-trophy-level-calculator/

On 10/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

The old system although better is now defunct and no longer supported by Sony. I get people want that to be an option to have it visible on this website but it's time to just move on accept the new system and embrace it.

Yeah, there's really no reason to keep with the old level. As we move into this generation, we'll forget about the old system anyways. I don't even remember what level I was at prior to the switch. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 6:56 AM, LabyrinthWorm said:

Yeah, there's really no reason to keep with the old level. As we move into this generation, we'll forget about the old system anyways. I don't even remember what level I was at prior to the switch. 

There's no downside to having both viewable, you may just choose to ignore the stats if they're available. Not caring about something doesn't mean that people who do care about it should be ignored.

• Like 1