brain stew/jaded 100% kicks and tres greatest hits is near impossible to achieve!?

black_opREADYf1

Hi everyone, im having extremely big issues with these two things in GDRB... I've tried many exploits, methods etc in order to help me achieve it and make things easier but nothing... I've seen videos on YT about it but still not done...

about brain stew/jaded im going insane mentally with this fucking song, i feel like losing it lol, i've tried switching drum bass note to a tom on my e-kit to make it easier to focus on the bass notes and hit them easier, i use the exploit of having overdrive so it will block some sections of the song, i've tried doing it normally by playing and best was 93% of kick notes -_- i went on practice mode, focused only on the bass notes trying to get on the tempo of it, the rock band engine is strict af which makes it even worse to do this... sometimes i get confused if im going too slow or too fast on the song, i get nervous not to miss and bam i miss always some damn bass notes on jaded part of the song -_- the other notes like snare, ride or hithat makes it bad also since they are very near the bass notes of the chart... i've tried all of those stuff multiple times, i've spent hours upon hours on this and still max was 97% probably only missed a few notes like 1, 2 or 3...... i've plated ghm, vh, 5, wor, lego rb but this is probably the most insane and annoying thing ever that i've seen...and i really dont know the solution anymore to complete this...

Now about the tres greatest hits... this is part 2 of the insanity... 

The ones i got left are:

31# eight note kicks fill

74# cool solo pt.2!

Those 2 are just insane to FC. I've tried lowering bpm to 50% to try to learn the patterns, how to postion the hands etc but when trying it on full speed always a random note you miss not to mention 74# is so confusing i can't even understand how to beat it.. it's so insane and extremely fast paced... 31# the ending fill is confusing and hard... and on all of them you either get lost with the drum bass tempo notes or the drum bass is too fast to combine it with the toms at the end which happens on 31#...

Im begining to loose all hope about this, i've been druming for years but never ever was so shocked with such thing -_- 

I'm beginning to think the biggest problem here is the peculiar annoying strict engine chart system of rock band... Guitar hero is more chill imo

I've seen a solution that you program the drums on PC by using reaper program, it seems kinda easy to setup but I don't have all equipment needed unfortunately ? I'm missing the USB midi cable, I already got the midi pro adapter though.

here's the video

If you read it all, thanks for your time and if any1 knows about other solutions for all this, please let me know!

UPDATE: I've tried that method from the video but it's extremely hard to sync it with the game almost impossible to get FC... Smh

Edited by black_opREADYf1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2020 at 11:16 PM, black_opREADYf1 said:

Hi everyone, im having extremely big issues with these two things in GDRB... I've tried many exploits, methods etc in order to help me achieve it and make things easier but nothing... I've seen videos on YT about it but still not done...

about brain stew/jaded im going insane mentally with this fucking song, i feel like losing it lol, i've tried switching drum bass note to a tom on my e-kit to make it easier to focus on the bass notes and hit them easier, i use the exploit of having overdrive so it will block some sections of the song, i've tried doing it normally by playing and best was 93% of kick notes -_- i went on practice mode, focused only on the bass notes trying to get on the tempo of it, the rock band engine is strict af which makes it even worse to do this... sometimes i get confused if im going too slow or too fast on the song, i get nervous not to miss and bam i miss always some damn bass notes on jaded part of the song -_- the other notes like snare, ride or hithat makes it bad also since they are very near the bass notes of the chart... i've tried all of those stuff multiple times, i've spent hours upon hours on this and still max was 97% probably only missed a few notes like 1, 2 or 3...... i've plated ghm, vh, 5, wor, lego rb but this is probably the most insane and annoying thing ever that i've seen...and i really dont know the solution anymore to complete this...

Now about the tres greatest hits... this is part 2 of the insanity... 

The ones i got left are:

31# eight note kicks fill

74# cool solo pt.2!

Those 2 are just insane to FC. I've tried lowering bpm to 50% to try to learn the patterns, how to postion the hands etc but when trying it on full speed always a random note you miss not to mention 74# is so confusing i can't even understand how to beat it.. it's so insane and extremely fast paced... 31# the ending fill is confusing and hard... and on all of them you either get lost with the drum bass tempo notes or the drum bass is too fast to combine it with the toms at the end which happens on 31#...

Im begining to loose all hope about this, i've been druming for years but never ever was so shocked with such thing -_- 

I'm beginning to think the biggest problem here is the peculiar annoying strict engine chart system of rock band... Guitar hero is more chill imo

I've seen a solution that you program the drums on PC by using reaper program, it seems kinda easy to setup but I don't have all equipment needed unfortunately 1f614.png I'm missing the USB midi cable, I already got the midi pro adapter though.

here's the video

If you read it all, thanks for your time and if any1 knows about other solutions for all this, please let me know!

UPDATE: I've tried that method from the video but it's extremely hard to sync it with the game almost impossible to get FC... Smh

Have you considered getting a friend over to do the bass pedals for you? I know this can really help sometimes. One person does just bass and you do just pads. 

• Like 1

The thing that always trips people up with the rock band trophies that requires you to 100% a certain thing, is that it's incredibly easy to forget that you don't need a full combo. If you're really struggling with it you can just hit the bass drum as fast as you possibly can and just focus on your hands and as long as it says 100% at the end you'll still get the trophy. Or like @boromir120 said, if you're really, really struggling with it you can just get a friend to play the bass drum parts for you. I'd recommend one of the two, i've been a drummer for almost 20 years and even I had a hard time with it because the hit detection in Rock Band games on drums is really finicky, especially with songs with a lot of polyrhythms in them.

Also, Tre's greatest hits is definitely quite tough if you're new to drums, but it's not impossibly difficult. I personally don't find the last two beats to be the most difficult part, as they at least have some sort of consistency to them and, there are a few beats toward the end that are very sporadic and hard to follow. I made a tutorial for Tre's greatest hits like 9 years ago, it's not aged well but it gives you a good idea of where your hands need to be for the harder beats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3rktyuy6q0&t=6s

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, boromir120 said:

Have you considered getting a friend over to do the bass pedals for you? I know this can really help sometimes. One person does just bass and you do just pads. 

Yeah of Crouse I thought about it but very unfortunately I don't have friends that play music games that could do the right timing on the notes... And my brother could help as knows +/- the thing but has no patience for it lol it's bs indeed Im stuck with it...

On 10/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

The thing that always trips people up with the rock band trophies that requires you to 100% a certain thing, is that it's incredibly easy to forget that you don't need a full combo. If you're really struggling with it you can just hit the bass drum as fast as you possibly can and just focus on your hands and as long as it says 100% at the end you'll still get the trophy. Or like @boromir120 said, if you're really, really struggling with it you can just get a friend to play the bass drum parts for you. I'd recommend one of the two, i've been a drummer for almost 20 years and even I had a hard time with it because the hit detection in Rock Band games on drums is really finicky, especially with songs with a lot of polyrhythms in them.

Also, Tre's greatest hits is definitely quite tough if you're new to drums, but it's not impossibly difficult. I personally don't find the last two beats to be the most difficult part, as they at least have some sort of consistency to them and, there are a few beats toward the end that are very sporadic and hard to follow. I made a tutorial for Tre's greatest hits like 9 years ago, it's not aged well but it gives you a good idea of where your hands need to be for the harder beats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3rktyuy6q0&t=6s

I tried the method of hiring drum bass with hands as fast as possible but rock band is so peculiar and annoying that it needs perfect timing... If for a 0.1seconds will probably miss.... That's why in my opinion guitar hero will always be better about the engine system. I tried that method many many times on the song and still I get 90% +/- of the kicks, it's a big mess.

Tres hits, 74# is definitely a problem it has many patterns and need to switch hands sometimes on fill making hard, also it's very fast paced and with the rock band engine it also doesn't make it easier... Weird part is that I've been druming for 5 years +/- (got e-kit and real drums) but never got stuck like this, only happened with loss of control in VH before but that had some1 help with kicks(was a long time ago too). 

I'm just missing 31# and 74#... 31# the ending combining 8 fast kicks with confusing toms fill isn't easy and 74# is what I said before, fast paced, rock band peculiar strict engine, need to change hands sometimes while playing the fill and overall confusing...

About the video I checked it before yours and also other guy on YT did one but doesn't seem to help much cuz would need a 2D angle on drums/hands slow motion to show exactly how to hit it all, the videos could help of course but it goes more to each players mind to think how to hit it all etc 

I tried also reaper program method but it's almost imposible to properly sync it to the game... I don't understand how people did it via this method cuz I tried it a lot with reaper and no results...

One thing about it, I've put calibration manually to 0... Would that help since it has no delay on calibration or it doesn't matter?? 

I used Reaper for nearly all of my drumming and I only had issues when my windows emulator wasn’t up to date. Any lag on the pc itself will completely ruin any script and the notes will start to catch up. If lag isn’t your problem, maybe try another PC. Reaper trials all claim to be 60 days free trial but I’m on about 200+ and it still works. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, Darkette said:

I used Reaper for nearly all of my drumming and I only had issues when my windows emulator wasn’t up to date. Any lag on the pc itself will completely ruin any script and the notes will start to catch up. If lag isn’t your problem, maybe try another PC. Reaper trials all claim to be 60 days free trial but I’m on about 200+ and it still works. 

My PC is asus modern model costed 1k. I know about that reaper says 60 days but then let's you use it more time which is good. But how did you manage to make it work?! Did you change any settings on reaper or something? The files that are on playingforachievements site when I open them on file I put starting line and all that I tried many times and it never hits 100%... Its like it's meant to not FC and fail at some point of the chart... Please let me know what was the 'special touch' you did on the program or even the game itself like the calibration idk. Putting 0 calibration delay manually will it help with something?

What's your psn id or discord in case this gets long we can go on PSN chat. Mine is same as psnp (black_opREADY) my discord trance4ever#6013 

3 hours ago, black_opREADYf1 said:

My PC is asus modern model costed 1k. I know about that reaper says 60 days but then let's you use it more time which is good. But how did you manage to make it work?! Did you change any settings on reaper or something? The files that are on playingforachievements site when I open them on file I put starting line and all that I tried many times and it never hits 100%... Its like it's meant to not FC and fail at some point of the chart... Please let me know what was the 'special touch' you did on the program or even the game itself like the calibration idk. Putting 0 calibration delay manually will it help with something?

What's your psn id or discord in case this gets long we can go on PSN chat. Mine is same as psnp (black_opREADY) my discord trance4ever#6013 

I only changed enough settings to get it working, I never tried it from the starting note as it took longer for me to get right. I’d just unpause the playback before the chart shows up on screen and work it out from there. After you’ve done a lot of songs, you get the idea of when to unpause. Changing calibration shouldn’t make any difference either as the latency shouldn’t affect the entire song. Once you time the first few notes correctly and they’re hitting at exact timing, latency means nothing for the rest. If it fucks up after that then it’s either computer lag or your charting is incorrect.

Fretsonfire.org has unedited charts for every song. You can use the number guide on playingforachievements to chart it yourself if you want, the one he posted may just have issues. You can also consider using the GH drum brain rather than midi pro, I believe I only used midi pro for RB3 tracks.

Edited by Darkette

17 hours ago, Darkette said:

I only changed enough settings to get it working, I never tried it from the starting note as it took longer for me to get right. I’d just unpause the playback before the chart shows up on screen and work it out from there. After you’ve done a lot of songs, you get the idea of when to unpause. Changing calibration shouldn’t make any difference either as the latency shouldn’t affect the entire song. Once you time the first few notes correctly and they’re hitting at exact timing, latency means nothing for the rest. If it fucks up after that then it’s either computer lag or your charting is incorrect.

Fretsonfire.org has unedited charts for every song. You can use the number guide on playingforachievements to chart it yourself if you want, the one he posted may just have issues. You can also consider using the GH drum brain rather than midi pro, I believe I only used midi pro for RB3 tracks.

Then it should really be computer lag or chart is not correct because I've tried it many times like I said before and it's made to fail on some part of the chart no matter what...

One player commented on the site that has the files he changed the intensity of notes from 30 to 100 .. do u have what's that? I've searched a lot but can't find anything useful for it...

If it's computed lag any ideias how to fix it?

Can you send me the link of fretsonfire charts, I can't find them on the site.

I also saw about that u can learn to chart it yourself but seems too much headache.. Its just annoying how for some players the charts work fine and will FC the song and for others it doesn't...

It doesn't work with gh drum brain, gh requires its own dongle either Activision or redoctane and Harmonix has the pro adapter that's the reason u can't use the charts on reaper for guitar hero drums etc I got very disappointed cuz I wanted to get bloody feet on gh hits but all ghs will recognize pro adapter as a mic... Can only use it for rock band stuff which is dumb af but whatever, I think only xbox can use it for guitar hero since there's charts of gh drums on the playingforachievements site... Which is again dumb and unfair for others. And you used midi pro for all RB stuff, can't use reaper files with pro adapter on GH

4 hours ago, black_opREADYf1 said:

Then it should really be computer lag or chart is not correct because I've tried it many times like I said before and it's made to fail on some part of the chart no matter what...

One player commented on the site that has the files he changed the intensity of notes from 30 to 100 .. do u have what's that? I've searched a lot but can't find anything useful for it...

If it's computed lag any ideias how to fix it?

Can you send me the link of fretsonfire charts, I can't find them on the site.

I also saw about that u can learn to chart it yourself but seems too much headache.. Its just annoying how for some players the charts work fine and will FC the song and for others it doesn't...

It doesn't work with gh drum brain, gh requires its own dongle either Activision or redoctane and Harmonix has the pro adapter that's the reason u can't use the charts on reaper for guitar hero drums etc I got very disappointed cuz I wanted to get bloody feet on gh hits but all ghs will recognize pro adapter as a mic... Can only use it for rock band stuff which is dumb af but whatever, I think only xbox can use it for guitar hero since there's charts of gh drums on the playingforachievements site... Which is again dumb and unfair for others. And you used midi pro for all RB stuff, can't use reaper files with pro adapter on GH

I did all the GH stuff with the GH drum brain on reaper, but I’m saying I think I used it for RB too, not the other way around. You can use both for RB games, but GH can only use the drum brain. Every RB and GH game is possible to auto drum using scripts on reaper, you just need the midi pro for RB3. I can confirm this as i just tried it again on a beatles song. 

About the intensity, I don’t remember ever seeing or changing a setting about that. There was a velocity issue for kick notes in one of his charts but he did fix that, so it should work fine if that’s the same one. I can only suggest making sure reaper and your pc is up to date, and that you have almost nothing else running on the PC to produce as little usage as possible. I found having the fretsonfire chart page open would lag my playback like crazy. Also, where does it lag for you exactly? Do you actually ever hit the first set of notes or does it mess up midway through the song etc? I’ll post the links for all RB charts below, but you’ll need to edit the lines again yourself as I’ve deleted most of my files.

https://fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56438

The chart you need will be in there. Depending on where you live, you might need to use a proxy hosting site to actually click the link for the chart. Zippyshare is banned in UK sadly. Sorry for the long post, there’s no way I can really explain this in just a few sentences.

Edited by Darkette

22 hours ago, Darkette said:

I did all the GH stuff with the GH drum brain on reaper, but I’m saying I think I used it for RB too, not the other way around. You can use both for RB games, but GH can only use the drum brain. Every RB and GH game is possible to auto drum using scripts on reaper, you just need the midi pro for RB3. I can confirm this as i just tried it again on a beatles song. 

About the intensity, I don’t remember ever seeing or changing a setting about that. There was a velocity issue for kick notes in one of his charts but he did fix that, so it should work fine if that’s the same one. I can only suggest making sure reaper and your pc is up to date, and that you have almost nothing else running on the PC to produce as little usage as possible. I found having the fretsonfire chart page open would lag my playback like crazy. Also, where does it lag for you exactly? Do you actually ever hit the first set of notes or does it mess up midway through the song etc? I’ll post the links for all RB charts below, but you’ll need to edit the lines again yourself as I’ve deleted most of my files.

https://fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56438

The chart you need will be in there. Depending on where you live, you might need to use a proxy hosting site to actually click the link for the chart. Zippyshare is banned in UK sadly. Sorry for the long post, there’s no way I can really explain this in just a few sentences.

whats your psn id or discord name so we could possibly talk on voice chat or make messaging easier. black_opREADYf1 my psn id and discord is trance4ever#6013

So about the thing you say you did it with GH drum brain, i got the one from Band hero... I tried it pluging in the usb midi cable with it and try if it would work on the game the notes from reaper, i tried with the raining blood drum file from PFA site cuz i still need to get x+ 5 stars but it didnt work, to transfer the notes from reaper to a music game u need the pro adapter cuz the pro adapter has everything on it to transfer and its wired to the system. What model of gh drum you used? theres the redoctane one and activision, you can check this in the back of the drum dogle. The only thing i can imagine now is that you used wired gh drums (not with dongle), well let me know cuz its strange, the pro adapter will be detected as a mic on gh and the gh drum can't transfer notes from PC programs, its the things i know at least. Lmk how you did it indeed.

About intensity, its on the comments of PFA site, a player commented about it. Velocity i also saw it on the settings when you click on the place that the chart is, normally will show 36 foot pedal LSB but you can change it to a variety of things from the list. I dont think the update has something to interfer with this but anyways it's updated and when i used it i only had the files page of the PC opened so it wasn't anything hard for PC to carry. I press the start button at the right time but will miss notes either after the first note, in the middle of the chart or near the end always... 

About fretsonfire i've created an account there i've seen the option to download songs from all rb games etc, i've managed to get the brain stew jaded file downloaded (there was files for all instruments and the drums ones had 3 files, 'drums 1', 'drums 2' and 'drums 3' and drums 1 seemed the best one since you can easily hear the bass pecal notes, drums 2 and 3 can't hear it that well, but when i opened it on reaper the one that says 'drums 1' it's not actually like a chart with notes like the file from PFA site, the one from fretsonfire is actually like real life drums recorded on the program or something it has the sounds frequency showing instead of rock band notes.

file:///C:/MARCEL/Other/Fretsonfire%20brain%20stew%20jaded.png

there you can understand what i mean, just copy the link and search it on google should take you to see the screenshot. 

About the download of the files from fretsonfire, i clicked on the brain stew jaded one then it took me to zippyshare where i had to click on the big orange download button, after a few adds popping up on other search windows, it was available to download and save to PC files. It's totally fine, im also writing a lot since this is not a very easy subject and quick to setup, needs time. I just hope we can get this thing going on and working fine cuz first that would possibly help me get it done and also other players aswell from PSN that wanna get it. 

Edited by black_opREADYf1

2 hours ago, black_opREADYf1 said:

whats your psn id or discord name so we could possibly talk on voice chat or make messaging easier. black_opREADYf1 my psn id and discord is trance4ever#6013

So about the thing you say you did it with GH drum brain, i got the one from Band hero... I tried it pluging in the usb midi cable with it and try if it would work on the game the notes from reaper, i tried with the raining blood drum file from PFA site cuz i still need to get x+ 5 stars but it didnt work, to transfer the notes from reaper to a music game u need the pro adapter cuz the pro adapter has everything on it to transfer and its wired to the system. What model of gh drum you used? theres the redoctane one and activision, you can check this in the back of the drum dogle. The only thing i can imagine now is that you used wired gh drums (not with dongle), well let me know cuz its strange, the pro adapter will be detected as a mic on gh and the gh drum can't transfer notes from PC programs, its the things i know at least. Lmk how you did it indeed.

I think you’re confusing the actual drum kit to the drum brain. I have a Band hero drum kit but a regular drum brain that came separately. That might be my bad though because I believe it’s a Sony model and not GH. However this sony model is compatible with every single chart listed on that site for GH and RB, just not RB3. The midi pro adapter is what is needed for RB3, but this Sony model is not compatible. I have both for the record, but only ever used midi pro for RB3. The drum brain looks just like the midi pro with the midi in and out. Here’s what I mean. 

aa74e059e31a676b6be69da361f40558.jpg

this is the midi pro replacement which you use for everything that isn’t RB3 basically. I’ll add you on discord and try to help with your other questions later. It does seem confusing at first but once you get one chart working, the rest will be fine. A lot of the things you’re mentioning sound completely irrelevant to getting this working I might add. You shouldn’t need to ever dig into velocity and intensity, and the subheader should be named PART_DRUMS, nothing else.

Edited by Darkette

I got the pro adapter to work with greenday. 

But the notes from guitar hero are not working. I used 2 brains it must be something to do with the files. Can you please respond back to me @Darkette.

What website did you get the guitar hero scripts from? If you dont want to help us. But atleast give us a name who could help us out thank you. You would help out a small community of players who still play it

2 hours ago, kryptor_kris said:

I got the pro adapter to work with greenday. 

But the notes from guitar hero are not working. I used 2 brains it must be something to do with the files. Can you please respond back to me @Darkette.

What website did you get the guitar hero scripts from? If you dont want to help us. But atleast give us a name who could help us out thank you. You would help out a small community of players who still play it

I have already completely walked this guy through Reaper on discord, and you in particular like to ask questions about these games every so often. All the information you need is on PFA and posted by people elsewhere already (even on .org) I don’t know what you think I did differently. I just followed the video on YouTube and did everything that has already been mentioned in this thread. Anyway, I did block you on psn due to having to repeat myself. If you want further info then you can look around. You already have all the necessary info anyway, but I won’t be answering any more questions about this to you.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guitar-hero-metallica/267793-automatic-solution-dyers-eve-trophy.html

This is the post that I believe sparked the use of this back in 2015, there’s numerous posts he has made of this on most of the guitar game forums on the site. Just follow what is linked and go find charts that aren’t on PFA on fretsonfire.org. That’s all there is to say about this.

Edited by Darkette
Added some info.

Its just i have to set the output channel to 10 to even get an input on the guitar hero brain. I also got to knowledge that they are rock band files for guitar hero van halen. And they are not correct so id need guitar hero files. Second your picture of the drum brain came of google. Hence why all the questions we ask. But its fine you get tired off the questions. @Darkette

On 07/11/2020 at 0:39 PM, kryptor_kris said:

Its just i have to set the output channel to 10 to even get an input on the guitar hero brain. I also got to knowledge that they are rock band files for guitar hero van halen. And they are not correct so id need guitar hero files. Second your picture of the drum brain came of google. Hence why all the questions we ask. But its fine you get tired off the questions. @Darkette

They’ve worked for me and a few others on GH fine from PFA, the ones that aren’t listed are from fretsonfire. Just search dude. It’s on the site. You need the drum brain from the picture I linked, obviously it’s a google image to give you an example. I’m not going to take a picture of something I can just quickly grab an image of on google. Also don’t use “we” as if you’re asking the questions for him. I’ve gladly helped the other guy as much as I could because he was appreciative. You however are not since you expect me to robotically answer your questions every now and again about GH on psn without showing any gratitude. I came here to post a tip, not make a reaper guide.

Im sorry i didnt say thank you.. before thanks. Sorry if i came up annoying to you. That was not ment to be so sorry thanks for replying on my answers tho. I wont bug you anymore.

Also i think its fine to use we as we are in a chat on discord. Who plays rock band online every often. But enough about this now thanks again for replying. Sorry if i was an ass. I dont want to be one!

Edited by kryptor_kris
  • Like 1