How hard is this one?

Titanomachy_75

1 hour ago, supkris said:

Very straightforward. The game is very easy and most trophies  are on the level progression. The collectibles while very easy to obtain are missable if you go past those levels.

i played on Xbox day 1 and made a collectible guide which can be found below

https://www.trueachievements.com/a311257/favor-of-the-gods-achievement

Great thanks for the info

• 3 years later...

If you just want to enjoy the story, the indian mythology and lore, you can play on story mode, you basically can't die in battle (you can fall and die during the platforming parts though).

The game is gorgeous, the story is a bit so-so but does a good job about telling the indian lore, the gods, their duties, etc.  it is very interesting and very new to me personally.

It's also a pretty short game 3-5 hours, depends on the difficulty.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2024 at 7:23 AM, aikikalaskamaido said:

PS5 stack is super easy. Apart from getting 100% of the story-related trophies, you just need to do three things: first, inspect every single mural you spot along the way; second, listen to all the mural stories (make sure you hear every last word!); and finally, collect all the white Favor orbs. There aren't a ton of these white orbs scattered around, and you can easily find videos on YouTube showing their exact locations. If you accidentally skip any, don't sweat it! Once you finish the game, you can just jump back into any level and grab the ones you missed.

So, the PS5 version has a chapter select? I was reading that the PS4 version didn't have chapter select.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

So, the PS5 version has a chapter select? I was reading that the PS4 version didn't have chapter select.

Yes, you can choose stages after clearing the game, and each major stage allows you to select several smaller stages within it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

Yes, you can choose stages after clearing the game, and each major stage allows you to select several smaller stages within it.

So this game is now technically nothing is missable now? O: God I wish they'd add the chapter select to the Xbox version so I can finally 100% that.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, aikikalaskamaido said:

So, I had to use chapter select to get 1 orb in Fortress of Jaidhar, and when I got to the first one where you ring the bell I did that again and it gave me the trophy for all orbs in the game, but I still had to go and find the one I missed before getting the trophy for collecting them all in Fortress of Jaidhar and then I got my platinum. Now it looks like my trophies is out of order because I got the one for getting all in game before finding them all within the first level.

9 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

So, I had to use chapter select to get 1 orb in Fortress of Jaidhar, and when I got to the first one where you ring the bell I did that again and it gave me the trophy for all orbs in the game, but I still had to go and find the one I missed before getting the trophy for collecting them all in Fortress of Jaidhar, and then I got my platinum. Now it looks like my trophies are out of order because I got the one for getting all in the game before finding them all within the first level.

This was the same thing in the PS4 game. The trophy for collecting all orbs is based on a counter, and you can repeatedly collect by reloading the save. However, you still must find all of the orbs per level to trigger those trophies, so there's a possibility you could get the all orbs trophy while still missing some level-specific ones. I'm posting this in case in the future this becomes a reportable offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

This was the same thing in the PS4 game. The trophy for collecting all orbs is based on a counter, and you can repeatedly collect by reloading the save. However, you still must find all of the orbs per level to trigger those trophies, so there's a possibility you could get the all orbs trophy while still missing some level-specific ones. I'm posting this in case in the future this becomes a reportable offense. 

Thank you for clearing that up. Of course I never played the PS4 version.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:41 PM, FellOmen said:

(PS5 version) Game difficulty is a 2/10 until the final boss, which feels like a 7/10 and part of a different game entirely. Not including story mode in the rating

I agree on that, well maybe not 7/10 but the final boss was really stupid even on easy difficulty, with his spam of tracking attacks, it just feels a bit too hard compared to the rest of the game

On 4/25/2024 at 2:36 PM, AlexDelux said:

I agree on that, well maybe not 7/10 but the final boss was really stupid even on easy difficulty, with his spam of tracking attacks, it just feels a bit too hard compared to the rest of the game

I just beat the game and the final boss was atrocious. I'd argue that was one of the worst designed boss battles I've ever played. 

I'd encourage most folks to just play on Story Mode so you don't have to deal with the frustration. 

• Like 2

To anyone struggling with the final boss,

You can control the Ashok Chakra Weapon with left joystick, Throw the chakra on the boss when you get the chance and spam Square trying the hit the chakra multiple times in a single throw while controlling it with left joystick. This method also helps in beating the shadow clones.

This game's combat/boss sections were more difficult than I thought and I played on Easy. lol I can't imagine Medium or Hard mode. I had just finished platting Demon Souls remake and I usually like to do a cozier game in between, but this wasn't what I originally thought considering the combat. I expected something more cozier. Anyway, I did enjoy learning about Hindu mythology.

Edited by Culturegeek

On 4/25/2024 at 8:36 PM, AlexDelux said:

Yeah, the final boss attacks are really spammy and the dodge move is not always able to keep up with them.
Also the moves it does are random too, so it is possible to get combinations that are seemingly unavoidable.
The most annoying part is that there are barely if any invincibility frames after getting hit, so you can lose health really quick if caught in an attack string.