Warning: Online Pass Issue

I downloaded the online pass a while ago, but just got around to getting this game now. I went to install the online pass, and it doesn't let me play the online without it. Every time I try to play online, it gives me the option to "Redeem Code," 

"Purchase Pass," or "Start Two Day Trial." It does not seem to recognize the digital online pass. The in game store is empty. How do I proceed to the multiplayer without the online pass I got? 

To those who are starting the game now to get the quick multiplayer trophies, be warned that the DLC is delisted and the online pass has issues. You need to do the entire multiplayer in two days only. 

Edited by a3069namebke

1 hour ago, a3069namebke said:

I downloaded the online pass a while ago, but just got around to getting this game now. I went to install the online pass, and it doesn't let me play the online without it. Every time I try to play online, it gives me the option to "Redeem Code," 

"Purchase Pass," or "Start Two Day Trial." It does not seem to recognize the digital online pass. The in game store is empty. How do I proceed to the multiplayer without the online pass I got? 

To those who are starting the game now to get the quick multiplayer trophies, be warned that the DLC is delisted and the online pass has issues. You need to do the entire multiplayer in two days only. 

There was a someone in the other forums  said that you don't need an online pass to get the DLCs trophies don't really know if that's true!!

Edited by ahmwe

4 hours ago, ahmwe said:

So no code in disk version ( limited edition )? 

If you buy it brand new, then there will be a code somewhere in the box but if you buy it second hand, then the odds of getting a code will go through the floor because it will either have been used or won't be valid any more.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

If you buy it brand new, then there will be a code somewhere in the box but if you buy it second hand, then the odds of getting a code go through the floor because it will either have been used or won't be valid any more.

Am afraid that the new brand game with that code won’t be valid anymore  ?

7 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

So is the online pass not valid anymore, even if it was purchased before the online pass was delisted? 

Yeah, some players had the same issue since 2011 & I believe that the codes had expiration date hidden in very mysterious way especially when things related to EA.

Just now, ahmwe said:

Yeah, some players had the same issue since 2011 & I believe that the codes had been hidden in very mysterious way especially when things related to EA.

Edited by ahmwe

2 hours ago, a3069namebke said:

So is the online pass not valid anymore, even if it was purchased before the online pass was delisted? 

Once redeemed, the Online Pass should be valid forever but it sounds like yours is glitched for some unknown reason so all you can do is Email Sony and EA and see what they have to say :(.

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Once redeemed, the Online Pass should be valid forever but it sounds like yours is glitched for some unknown reason so all you can do is Email Sony and EA and see what they have to say :(.

I am trying to see on an alt account if I will have full access to the game after the 2 day trial. Otherwise, I need to get the online done in one sitting...

• 1 month later...

Good news, just brought an used Limited Edition copy with the Online Pass 12 digits code included. I don’t know if it was redeemed before or not but it worked when I put it in the Redeem Code section of PS Store, instead of the in-game Autolog section since it always gave me error.

Now I don’t know if this counts but before that I redeemed the code I installed the game, done upgrades, then when started it automatically logged to my EA account (I was even able to claim my Loyalty Rewards).

The code seems to not have a specific expiration date, at least is not mentioned anywhere in the booklet.

As example some months ago I was able to redeem the Online Pass of Dead Space 3 Limited Edition (again used copy), in that case maybe was pure fortune but at least the expiration date was there (31/12/2022).

So, @a3069namebke I recommend you to try my method, let us know if it worked.

Edited by SStefano-
Mist-understanding
  • Like 1

Some other news, the reason why it logged automatically is possibly because my EA account is linked with my PSN Account, and that’s correct whereas I also have access to the online feature of Battlefield 3 since 2012 or so. So my guess is that you have to make sure you have an EA Account with PSN Account linked to it.

Make sure you are able to access at least the Autolog services first, then try to re-download the Online Pass from the Purchased section of PS Store.  

Skip all in-game procedures about logging or redeeming codes since they are taken down due to the fact that is old software (PS3) trying to interface with new systems (EA Servers, Infrastructures, PSN, etc.) or something like that, I’m 90% sure of this, after all this is all my guessing and I’m not that particularly into this type of things.

• 7 months later...

I know I am very late to the party, yes. I opened my brand new PS3 Limited Edition copy last Saturday and when I put in the online pass, it said it was expired. EA says I have to talk to Sony about it and were unable to help me out. I still need to do that, but I don't expect much from it.

I had another idea. Is it possible to grab all online Trophies in a day (maybe even with a rubberband) if I use the 2-day trial option?

On 17/07/2021 at 11:57 AM, ConAir said:

I know I am very late to the party, yes. I opened my brand new PS3 Limited Edition copy last Saturday and when I put in the online pass, it said it was expired. EA says I have to talk to Sony about it and were unable to help me out. I still need to do that, but I don't expect much from it.

I had another idea. Is it possible to grab all online Trophies in a day (maybe even with a rubberband) if I use the 2-day trial option?

If you boost them they're pretty fast, not sure about rubber banding since there's a couple trophies where you have to win online races, with the Appolo S in the DLC for example/

On 17/07/2021 at 10:57 AM, ConAir said:

It's definitely possible to boost them in just a couple hours with someone else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

If you boost them they're pretty fast, not sure about rubber banding since there's a couple trophies where you have to win online races, with the Appolo S in the DLC for example/

1 hour ago, mareepx said:

It's definitely possible to boost them in just a couple hours with someone else

Thanks for the replies. If I read it correct, I need to do 50 races online (win/loose). Hopefully I can combine it with the DLC Trophies for winning, so that it's over after 50 races.

45 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Thanks for the replies. If I read it correct, I need to do 50 races online (win/loose). Hopefully I can combine it with the DLC Trophies for winning, so that it's over after 50 races.

Yes, also don't forget to do the things related to posting dreamshots on wall, reply, and beat your friends scores.

EDIT: Actually any dreamshot trophy because it looks like you need to connection to access it, just tried.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Yes, also don't forget to do the things related to posting dreamshots on wall, reply, and beat your friends scores.

EDIT: Actually any dreamshot trophy because it looks like you need to connection to access it, just tried.

I will, thank you. The 50 races is what worries me the most. I will set up a boosting session.

On 17-7-2021 at 11:57 AM, ConAir said:

Coming back to my own question. :)

Today I activated the trial and grabbed every Trophy with an online component in it. I did allready win an online Interceptor. Just need to do one offline as well. 

It does require around 8 - 10 hours on estimate. I have done the base game Trophies in around 6 hours (incl. some of the DLC Trophies along the way). Than I went to boost the Racer level up to 6 to make a Dreamshot of the Midnight Blue Ford. The DLC Trophies took a bit longer, because of a bad connection, but we managed to leave just the Most Wanted ones. A buddy of mine was able to help out.