Ubisoft Connect Cross-Progression

WumpaJuice

Haven't seen this discussed elsewhere, but maybe I'm blind - if so, sorry.

With Ubisoft launching Ubisoft Connect with this game, and Ubisoft Connect featuring cross-platform progression, does anyone know if this game could feasibly be played on PC and then have the progress transferred to PS4/PS5 to pop the trophies? Was disappointed when I saw the game would be 30fps even on PS5, so I wanted to play on PC but not miss out on trophs.

If anyone knows, or gets the game on PC and tries it let us know! >60fps would be GOLD

I'm confused, is Ubisoft Connect the same as Ubisoft Club? If it's just a rename, then this is like the 5th rename in 2 years it's starting to get tiring.

As for cross progression. I'm pretty sure any PS5 game that was on PS4 has cross progression, if it has an online component. I.E. Rainbow Six, Assassin's Creed, and Watch Dogs. But only if it's within the same console family.

25 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

The pc port is an abomination. Be aware of that.

I don't know, I've been playing it and the framerate goes from 60 in the open world to 120 indoors on a RTX 2060 at 1080p. The most jaring thing is the cinematics being locked at 30 fps.

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

I'm confused, is Ubisoft Connect the same as Ubisoft Club? If it's just a rename, then this is like the 5th rename in 2 years it's starting to get tiring.

As for cross progression. I'm pretty sure any PS5 game that was on PS4 has cross progression, if it has an online component. I.E. Rainbow Six, Assassin's Creed, and Watch Dogs. But only if it's within the same console family.

They do not call out cross-progression being locked to console families in any of the press releases - would be a shame if that's the case.

It's not just a rename, they're adding a bunch of features such as the cross-progression. It's combining Ubisoft Club and Uplay into a single service

• Like 1

In game, you can upload your save to the cloud platform, which I would imagine you import it when you cross over to the PS5 version. I'm not sure about other platforms. Normally you cannot use a save from PS4 to PC, for example, so unless the developers mention this, I would imagine it won't work.