Secrets

2 minutes ago, Sanevin said:

Thanks for the confirmation!  I thought I was friendly to Vince as well but must have missed something.

Would you be able to share your bearings for him?

just reload the chapter infront of church.. do not shoot. and later let him in and tell him to get help..

58 minutes ago, sriknsneak said:

I actually got #10 on the friendly to Vince, with everyone dying at the end with the main guy killing himself too - not sure if that was intended to pop or not - interestingly enough my shared story partner did not get the collectable (he did get most of the ones I picked up though throughout the story) - I was Andrew during the last scenes if that helps anyone. 

EDIT: I've tried to do this a few different ways with folks and this seems to have nothing to do with the ending you get - just if you're nice to Vince (with asking him to find help) - also, there seems to be some issue where if you dont interact with the museum poppet this doesnt end up happening. 

5 minutes ago, chinfacedan said:

Have done all of that and still no 10 for me. Must be missing something.

Have you experienced any of this? This secret seems to have some odd trigger that I'm not sure of.

Edited by sriknsneak

I just replayed last chapter of my all heads choices playthrough and somehow managed to get secret 10 to trigger. I didn't shoot at Vince and I didn't let him into the church. At the end of the game I was arrested. What seemed to make the difference was when I blamed Carver and saved Mary.

1 hour ago, duboiszack said:

I just replayed last chapter of my all heads choices playthrough and somehow managed to get secret 10 to trigger. I didn't shoot at Vince and I didn't let him into the church. At the end of the game I was arrested. What seemed to make the difference was when I blamed Carver and saved Mary.

Just now, zadorvp said:

It's definitely not just "be nice to Vince, get his help, and save everyone", I've already done that. I'd think it has to involve the museum poppet somehow, or maybe always interacting with the poppet in the visions and whenever you can? We're going to try some stuff with @themindisacity now.

For the poppet, doing something with it affects the Little Girl bearing wheel.  For anyone who has gotten 10, could you please check your choices on that wheel (or the others, for the heck of it) and see what you did?

I do not take gun. Vincy do not enter church. In the museum i burn the doll. In final trial, i blame doll to be burned. in the end only proffesor survive and i recieved ending near diner and get secret №10.

Hope it will help to someone

Edited by Riv1404

3 minutes ago, Riv1404 said:

I do not take gun. Vincy do not enter church. In the museum i burn the doll. In final trial, i blame doll to be burned. in the end only proffesor survive and i recieved ending near diner and get secret №3.

Hope it will help to someone

Do you mean secret 10?  The doll?

As I said my playthrough was head choices only. I didn't have the gun so I couldn't shoot at Vince, then my choices caused him to leave the church angry. I burned the doll at the museum. Everyone except Angela survived. After beating the game, I reloaded last chapter then picked the options to blame Carver and save Mary. The ending played out the same with Andrew being arrested, but when he was sitting in the cop car it showed him holding the poppet and it game me secret 10.

Edited by duboiszack

So this is interesting.

@zadorvp and I played this through shared story.  We decided via chapter select to burn the poppet in the museum and at the end of the game, be nice to Vince at the church, and have everyone survive.  At the end of the game, he got collectible 10 and I didn't.

Our current theory is that:

1) It's just down to burning the museum poppet and the end game poppet

2) you need to have collectible 6 (poppet) registered prior to going for collectible 10 (he actually had 49/50 at the time).  It's possible you might actually have to pick up collectible 6 during the playthrough where you're going for 10, as that means you will have interacted with every poppet in the game at that point.

3) you need to be playing as Andrew (this only matters if you're doing this in shared story; he was playing as Andrew and I wasn't), and he needs to live

EDIT: Just did a replay of the last chapter on that same save file for the "everyone dies" trophy.  @zadorvp said that collectible 10 was there as well, and it still wasn't for me.  So we think:

1) Must be playing as Andrew (again, not a problem in solo mode)

2) have 49/50 collectibles registered, or at least all the witchcraft ones.

3) burn the museum poppet

Edited by themindisacity

One more.

There's a discussion about #10 going on in the Steam forums, and someone who unlocked it took notes of what they did, and was absolutely sure they didn't do anything with the poppet in the museum.

This may be as simple as having 49/50 collectibles and all pictures (I didn't have them in my game), then just getting a game ending.

1 hour ago, themindisacity said:

One more.

There's a discussion about #10 going on in the Steam forums, and someone who unlocked it took notes of what they did, and was absolutely sure they didn't do anything with the poppet in the museum.

This may be as simple as having 49/50 collectibles and all pictures (I didn't have them in my game), then just getting a game ending.

Can confirm this. The only thing I changed is I had 49/50 this time and it appeared.

1 hour ago, themindisacity said:

One more.

The pictures are definitely not needed, I was missing the one from outside the police department. 

Secret number 10 has a part to play in the comic obtained by getting all secrets as well, so yeah 49/50 is likely the requirement.

Edited by zadorvp

I think you need number 9 and 20 prior to nr. 10. I had an ending, where i didn't get the trophy and the doll. Afterwards i made a collectible cleanup and just travelled between chapters to get the rest of them without a continuous playthrough and decided to simply load the last chapter and the trophy popped.

- I picked up the doll at the stone circle

- I picked up the doll in the museum but put it back in my real playthrough

- i picked up the doll in the museum and burned it, why i was going for other collectibles in the museum. I quit afterwards and didn't continue from that point so it probably doesn't count.

It shouldn't be just 9 and 20 either, I've completed playthroughs with those and not had the doll appear. We'd need confirmation if anyone got the doll with less than 49/50 secrets, as so far confirmations seem to be from people only missing number 10. How many did you have before number 10?