Majora's Mask remake teased in A Link Between Worlds

Lady Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/12/nycc-nintendo-producer-teases-a-majoras-mask-connection-in-zelda-3ds

Nintendo producer Eiji Aonuma teased the possibility of a connection between A Link Between Worlds and a Majora's Mask remake during his Legend of Zelda panel at New York Comic-Con.

Aonuma's response to a fan's question during the panel Q&A ignited a cheer from the crowd. We have a transcript of the question and Aonuma's answer via an interpreter below:

Fan: First off, I want to say that A Link Between Worlds looks awesome. My question is kind of a shot in the dark: I like when Zelda gets really gritty and dark. I know you produced Wind Waker and this new game, but I wonder if you have any information on Majora's Mask at all, because that was my all-time favorite Zelda game. (Crowd cheers). Please say you'll make this [for] Wii U.

Eiji Aonuma: (pauses) If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may get an answer. You might find some information.

Majora's Mask was the first Zelda directed by Aonuma and was released on N64 in 2000. Ocarina of Time was remade for 3DS in 2011. We asked Aonuma in September about the possibility of a remake and he responded, "Tell them I laughed, " before he gave the answer a little more context.

A remake of Majora’s Mask has been highly requested by Nintendo fans, and Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN at E3 that fans are “still in my memory."

Screen-Shot-2013-10-12-at-2.38.25-AM-610

Fans spotted this Majora's Mask hanging out in plain sight!

Fans spotted a Majora's Mask reference in the new item shop of a Link Between Worlds during a Nintendo Direct earlier this month.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Anyone else think that Majora's mask always has, and always will, be the greatest game of all time? 

As much as I hate the Wii U, i'd by it for Majora's Mask Remake/Prequel(?) :)

Nope. I think The Legend of Zelda is one of the most overrated franchises of all time (just behind Half-Life) and while I enjoyed Majora's Mask I wouldn't put it anywhere near a best game of all time list. I think The Wind Waker is the best recent Zelda, far better than both the N64 games. Again, that is just my personal opinion. 

Like another poster said, if they do a remake of MM I'd much rather see it on the Wii U rather than the 3DS. The Wind Waker HD is one of, if not the best Wii U games out there right now and I wouldn't mind adding another Zelda game to my Wii U collection.  

Parker

• Like 1

Hmmm..... A remake... Time for this guy?

Ever since I read the Ben ghost story that guy scares the hell out of me......

On topic. I like that Nintendo may be planning on releasing titles more close on the LoZ storyline. It is good that they jump generations without care, it leads to original stories, but sometimes is good to come back to the old times we all loved.

• 6 months later...

The game has been heavily requested by fans for years, and they said that if the fans have asked enough for it, after the Ocarina of time 3DS remake made a success(which it did, since it is a classic even today); They would consider it.

But who knows why they don't want to remake it, when it's heavily asked for.

I honestly didn't like Majora's mask as much as I do Ocarina, but wouldn't mind replaying it.

Ever since I read the Ben ghost story that guy scares the hell out of me......

You Shouldn't Have Done That.

• Like 1