More NFS Remasters coming up?

Right now nothing more has been revealed and no age-rating board reports have been sighted regarding any future NFS remasters, though I will say that because this seems to be happening with games by Criterion be prepared for a Most Wanted 2012 remaster for 2021 or 2022.

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla

33 minutes ago, Calitrocity said:

So far it seems like Criterion and EA have been following a pattern of remastering NFS games once they are 10 years old. Does anyone know if this will continue to happen for other titles like Most Wanted 2012, or even Rivals?

Personal opinion, the Burnout Paradise was a hit, then the return of Hot Pursuit was a hit. I liked Most Wanted since it had a cool mechanic where you just had to find the cars in the open world to drive them but that one has a really small world to drive in if I remember correctly. You could circle the entire map in 5 minutes. Rivals is not dated enough to earn a remaster plus even though the gameplay was fun the storyline was bad. Again my opinion. After playing the remasters for Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit they still hold their nostalgic value to me and was worth it to play them again.

It just mainly depends if they made a profit back then to constitute the time and money for a remaster. Is the fanbase there? Maybe, time will tell. Im a sucker for driving games so if they make them, I'll play them! 

Edited by Animator22

On 11/13/2020 at 0:34 AM, Calitrocity said:

So far it seems like Criterion and EA have been following a pattern of remastering NFS games once they are 10 years old. Does anyone know if this will continue to happen for other titles like Most Wanted 2012, or even Rivals?

Rivals is already on PS3 and PS4 doubt it'll be on PS5 plus its only 7 years old...

• Like 1

From the PS3 era, I would like Carbon or The Run.  

From the PS2 era, I would like Underground 1 or 2 or Most Wanted.

I was disappointed they chose Hot Pursuit.  The only NFS worse (that I played) was Rivals.  The whole racer/cop tech gadget thing is fun for about 20 minutes.

I'd be down for a MW 2012 remaster. The soundtrack on that is so good. Outside of that one though, I think I just want a new NFS from Criterion. They knew exactly what to do to produce a really fun and memorable NFS game and we really need that kind of NFS back, imo. Rivals was the last one I picked up and it was just alright.