Veteran difficulty

25 minutes ago, kapitein said:

It's probably the easiest veteran difficulty I've come across in any COD game. I think I died about twice now and am halfway through the campaign, I even went to settings to make sure I wasn't playing on regular. Really easy if you are used to shooters/COD.

Since you haven’t died much, you may not know this but are the checkpoints as frequent as Modern Warfare?  It seemed like they were every few seconds in some cases!

I am not a COD regular but I really enjoyed the campaign of Modern Warfare and will definitely get this - once I find a PS5.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Since you haven’t died much, you may not know this but are the checkpoints as frequent as Modern Warfare?  It seemed like they were every few seconds in some cases!

I am not a COD regular but I really enjoyed the campaign of Modern Warfare and will definitely get this - once I find a PS5.

A 'Saving....' icon pops up fairly often so I am assuming those are checkpoints! The story isn't as good as Modern Warfare imo but they have an interesting take on collectibles and it's worth scouring the levels for them.

Don't wanna speak too soon but I'm what I assume to be, over halfway done with the campaign, and this has to be one of the easiest Veteran difficulties yet.

This isn't really a spoiler but I'll mark it as such, just in case you want to know absolutely NOTHING about the game.

Spoiler

There's a mission where at the very end, you're on this crane like device, and it's really hard to get your bearings straight and I died a few times there. It was more annoying than hard though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna post it here so I don't have to open a new thread just to ask, BUT do you need to do both ending missions to get Combat Hardened? 

Also, it is quite forgiving as a Veteran Difficulty, also it has plenty of non-combat situations...And spamming grenade enemies are totally not threatening this time around.