Trailer and thoughts

IntroPhenom

7 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Love it.  Retro-inspired graphics, monster collecting and battling, egg hatching, RPG elements.  I feel very spoiled as a gamer these days.  So many intriguing titles coming out all the time.

I've been bemoaning a lack of these types of games on Playstation for a long time. Just bought Nexomon and too hyped for Temtem. Now this as well! I won't even be able to keep up! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I've been bemoaning a lack of these types of games on Playstation for a long time. Just bought Nexomon and too hyped for Temtem. Now this as well! I won't even be able to keep up! 

You'll want to keep an eye on on Monster Crown as well. It's in steam early access but it will be coming out on consoles once its done in early access.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/830370/Monster_Crown/

https://www.soedesco.com/monster-crown/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I'm in the same boat.  Bought Nexomon but haven't played it yet, and Temtem will probably be what puts a PS5 in my living room.

12 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

You'll want to keep an eye on on Monster Crown as well. It's in steam early access but it will be coming out on consoles once its done in early access.

Good tip, thanks!

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

I'm in the same boat.  Bought Nexomon but haven't played it yet, and Temtem will probably be what puts a PS5 in my living room.

Good tip, thanks!

Yep haven't gotten to Nexomon either. And I'm really hoping to get a PS5 in time for Temtem release, I already pre ordered it. Havent been lucky in any way with the 5, unfortunately. 

I plan on carrying over a guild moniker I use for several other games (Gems of War, Destiny) into Temtem so if you'd be interested send me a friend request! Will have a few players right off the bat most likely :)

15 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Awesome! I'll screenshot that and try to remember it :)

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the release.

Backed the game on kickstarter after really enjoying the demo and am glad that a PS4 release was announced recently too.

So if you are on the fence about the game check out the demo on Steam. The demo is not up to date but demonstrates the core gameplay well enough.

Edited by And98s

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/11/2020 at 0:50 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

Just wanna say thank you for mentioning Nexomon!! After hearing about Monster Sanctuary and Temtem lately, I knew there was another similar game that's also supposed to be very good but couldn't for the life of me recall the title.

I don't know which one to prioritize tbh, it seems Temtem is the closest to Pokemon, and it also will be cheaper during the Early Access period, so probably that.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 4:17 PM, Doomsounder said:

Just wanna say thank you for mentioning Nexomon!! After hearing about Monster Sanctuary and Temtem lately, I knew there was another similar game that's also supposed to be very good but couldn't for the life of me recall the title.

I don't know which one to prioritize tbh, it seems Temtem is the closest to Pokemon, and it also will be cheaper during the Early Access period, so probably that.

Temtem might also be your best bet if you want to get a good start on your game progress while early access is up. You can't earn any trophies but you can be in a good spot for the eventual full release. 

I would probably have started with Temtem already if I had actually managed to get a Ps5 :(

10 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Temtem might also be your best bet if you want to get a good start on your game progress while early access is up. You can't earn any trophies but you can be in a good spot for the eventual full release. 

I would probably have started with Temtem already if I had actually managed to get a Ps5 :(

Oh, sorry to hear that! Hope you manage to get one soon. It seems the game will be on Early Access for a while anyway. Shame they cancelled the PS4 version, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 8:51 PM, Doomsounder said:

Oh, sorry to hear that! Hope you manage to get one soon. It seems the game will be on Early Access for a while anyway. Shame they cancelled the PS4 version, too.

You must have been. My good luck charm. I managed to snag one a few weeks back and it shipped earlier than expected. Been able to play Temtem quite a bit the last few days. 

I just beat the first Dojo but having a blast with it :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to put it out there that I've really been enjoying this game! It without a doubt scratches that monster-catching itch. The combat and skill systems both have incredible depth. Exploring the areas even has a bit of a Metroidvania feel to it. Very much worth checking out if you have been considering it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2020 at 6:20 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

You must have been. My good luck charm. I managed to snag one a few weeks back and it shipped earlier than expected. Been able to play Temtem quite a bit the last few days. 

I just beat the first Dojo but having a blast with it :)

Dude that's awesome!! Late but great to hear it.

Got busy with other stuff but I finally started Temtem a couple of weeks ago and I've been having a blast too. I've had my ass kicked a couple of times and it's a good feeling ngl.