Throwdown Challenge (Solution)

LancashireLad87

Having struggled trying to find my boosting partner for the Throwdown challenges, we tried everything and nothing seemed to work, until now! Here is the solution, both players need to have Ranked match throwdown challenge on, One person needs to enter training mode whilst the other searches for a ranked match. Please use the widest search options available, since the online is virtually dead, you will find each other very quickly. Once the match finishes, whoever is playing the training mode needs to exit the fight and return to training mode to allow the server to match you up again. Please note for the match to count you must complete the fight!

If anyone has any questions or if this method helped you out, please comment below. To find each other easier please use the same platform when searching to prevent getting matched-up with players from other platforms such as the PS Vita.

Please note: We managed to get 36 throwdown matches this way in the space of an hour and then it stopped working so you may need to try this during multiple sessions.

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 2

Update!

After struggling to find my boosting partner again after we managed to get 36 throwdown challenges completed. Miraculously, if you manage to find each other in a ranked match and then you attempt the strategy in the original post, we were able to find each other again! So if anyone who still needs this trophy is having trouble boosting these stupid trophies try this as a solution because at the time of posting it's working for me and my boosting partner. Please note I'm finding my boosting partner within 30 seconds after returning to the training mode.  

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AMU-LOVE said:

Me and my friend were both in training mode and were getting another person in between matches but 1 in training 1 in ranked was not working for us

Did you first play a ranked match against each other via the ranked match search option? If not, it's extremely unlikely you will get paired up by the server. You must do this before one player searches in ranked and the other heads into training mode. This worked for myself and my co-op partner, he's from Australia, I'm from the UK and it worked fine for us. Hope this solves your problem.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:07 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

Did you first play a ranked match against each other via the ranked match search option? If not, it's extremely unlikely you will get paired up by the server. You must do this before one player searches in ranked and the other heads into training mode. This worked for myself and my co-op partner, he's from Australia, I'm from the UK and it worked fine for us. Hope this solves your problem.

My Partner and I (both from North America) tried this solution and it only worked one way ( for me and not him). So I’m thinking there are other reasons that may cause the incompatibility.

I’ll keep searching!

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2020 at 0:42 PM, LancashireLad87 said:

Update!

After struggling to find my boosting partner again after we managed to get 36 throwdown challenges completed. Miraculously, if you manage to find each other in a ranked match and then you attempt the strategy in the original post, we were able to find each other again! So if anyone who still needs this trophy is having trouble boosting these stupid trophies try this as a solution because at the time of posting it's working for me and my boosting partner. Please note I'm finding my boosting partner within 30 seconds after returning to the training mode.  

I can confirm that this is a viable solution that works. After connecting with no issues to my alt account via throwdowns, suddenly I couldn't find my alt no matter what I tried. After managing to match out in regular Ranked, the next throwdown attempt worked in a matter of seconds.

Weird online this game has xD 

• Like 3