I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

53 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

the newly discounted header at least was still really useful and I think is a disappointing loss to the homepage.

The loss of the # of recent discounts header is actually an unrelated change that I'm hoping to bring back soon. That header was one of the reasons that the homepage was being slow to load, weirdly enough. I have another way of implementing it in mind that won't bog down the homepage loading time though, so once I get around to coding it up, that header will be back.

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

The loss of the # of recent discounts header is actually an unrelated change that I'm hoping to bring back soon.

That's great to hear xD sorry for the nitpick at that then lol.

While I'm here though I guess I can throw out perhaps some recommendations though as I do still think a most wanted feels a bit redundant.

I think it could be cool to partly advertise some of your filter and sorting options with your headers. You have some nice features which someone landing on your site for the first time could get an immediate taster for what you can do if you use some example combinations as headers. The most wanted easy platinums can be an example of doing that, maybe more of those. "biggest discounts" could be an option as you have a sorting option for discount %. You could even have a header be a rotating category that changes from time to time of random stuff: Good critic hard games, low price and long to complete, easy VR games etc. Just some totally random combinations that I noticed I can easily access already with your current filters and sorting options so a taster/inspiration for newcomers could potentially be neat for the homepage.

Another option I think that could be useful for a header/filter is since you track price history, a "lowest ever prices" type dealio. Often there's a lot of fluff in sales and items that routinely go on sale for the exact same price all the time or higher priced than the last time it was on sale so being greeted with something nudging you towards a set of new lows could be handy. Alternatively, in a similar vein, "first time sale", simply being items that are on sale for their first time since being tracked.

Just some quick ramblings off the top of my head.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

While I'm here though I guess I can throw out perhaps some recommendations

These are all great, thanks! For now I've implemented a "Biggest Discounts" box on the main page like you suggested. I like the other suggestions too, but they'll take a bit longer (I have been hoping to implement "Biggest Ever Sale on This Game" and "First Ever Sale on This Game" for ages...) and, well, FF7 Rebirth came out today ;)

• Like 1

The website is not working for me today. I just get a white page with the text: 'Could not connect to the database.SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User psstoref_main already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections'.

Is anyone else having this issue?

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

These are all great, thanks! For now I've implemented a "Biggest Discounts" box on the main page like you suggested. I like the other suggestions too, but they'll take a bit longer (I have been hoping to implement "Biggest Ever Sale on This Game" and "First Ever Sale on This Game" for ages...) and, well, FF7 Rebirth came out today ;)

I like the idea of having a few pre-baked filter buttons in the header "Biggest discount" "First discount"  "Lowest price for this game" and "Most wanted" are all great ones. 

40 minutes ago, Vitallani said:

The website is not working for me today. I just get a white page with the text: 'Could not connect to the database.SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User psstoref_main already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections'.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Same here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...