Two throphy lists?

Yes, they are two officially different collections, with a separate list. This one doesn't even include the Final Season because it hadn't released yet. Besides trophy whoring, however, this collection should be ignored entirely. It was very poorly made and would be a terrible introduction into the series for anyone, objectively speaking. People should be looking into the much better Definition Collection instead.

10 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

The digital version was given out for free if you pre-ordered the digital version of The Final Season, which I think would mean that every game would be there.. and you would get 2 Platinum's for the price of 1, so it's existence in the first place makes sense to me, much more sense than The Telltale Definitive Series.

The point still stands. 

Exactly, it was a preorder deal. But yes that now non-existent deal did *complete (not entitle people to) the full series, since the last installment TFS was purchased seperately. Now someone would have to buy the old collection (physically, as it was delisted... for good reason) and TFS, which if attempted should only be done by persistent trophy whores. So, as of the present timeline, the Definition Collection is the best collection in terms of quality, enjoyment, content, relevance, and collection completion.

I actually have the platinum from the original collection, which I got from the past deal you mentioned. And I regret it. It's a tremendous disservice on numerous different levels. It is the worse collection I've ever played alongside the Jak and Daxter collection, and let me specifically clarify that for both collections im referring to a certain version, the non-definitive edition (TWD) and Vita version (Jak), respectively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, EcoShifter said:

I actually have the platinum from the original collection, which I got from the past deal you mentioned. And I regret it. It's a tremendous disservice on numerous different levels. It is the worse collection I've ever played alongside the Jak and Daxter collection, and let me specifically clarify that for both collections im referring to a certain version, the non-definitive edition (TWD) and Vita version (Jak), respectively.

Hi.  Would you mind going into some detail regarding the reasons for your disapproval of the collection?  I suppose I was assuming it consisted of just three games and some DLC dumped onto a disc, and that may be technically true, but your denouncement interests me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, IntroPhenom said:

Hi.  Would you mind going into some detail regarding the reasons for your disapproval of the collection? 

Sorry for the late reply. If only you had asked this much sooner when a lot of the problems were fresh in my mind and before a thread on the Telltale The Walking Dead forums full of detailed problems listed by people was removed. The collection's immense issues varies across many areas in game design, but personally I can't give you too many elaborate examples.

There's some audio and especially graphical bugs, some missing conversations (the most common brought up is one between Clem and Christy by the train tracks), a nasty save bug, another nasty bug with the game altering past choices you already made and giving you different ones you didn't make (and btw attempting to fix the issue via restarting episodes will not always works. It can causes an endless loop of choices that you didn't make across multiple episodes. Some things I won't forget is how I wasted time replaying past episodes in S2 to try and fix choices that were changed outside my control, with the end result having required me to start from EP1 to avoid more past-episode alterations. It happened again in the following season, ANF, in which I replayed some middle episode three times in a row because my choices would not stay and I didn't want to start all over), removal of features like "next time on The Walking Dead" (episodes just transition into the next after a black screen) and rewinding—etc—absent music from the credit scenes of multiple episodes, and more.

Wish I could do a better job explaining, but I simply can't. It's too exhausting because of the overwhelmingly sheer variety of problems in the collection and because a lot of them I can't specify due to memory loss of precise matters, as I mostly remember the topics the issues fall under instead. I did manage to find a small selection of examples, though these are mostly kinda under the graphics category (the missing glass shard and stranger's car have been among the most popular discussed ones, even in general conv.): 

But yeah, the problems I listed and alluded too are very common. It's not one of those situations where I or a few people got super unlucky with some rare bugs. The collection is objectively, pathetically, unbelievably, tremendously, and unforgivably flawed, to the point where it's a complete and utter pass without question or argument, even if given free (which is how I got mine). You simply either. . . play the original games or the definitive collection. The original collection should be treated as non-existent, especially since it was actually delisted.

I suppose I was assuming it consisted of just three games and some DLC dumped onto a disc, and that may be technically true, but your denouncement interests me.

Is this a separate point? It's always been 4 games+400 Days DLC. The only "valuable" aspect of this collection is that it can be exploited for yet another among the many TWD platinums, but it is not worth even being used for so. The other (vastly superior) collection gives you all 5 games, which is all the games and anything else released before, plus brand new bonus content, like a music player, graphic filters, and more.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Sorry for the late reply. If only you had asked this much sooner when a lot of the problems were fresh in my mind and before a thread on the Telltale The Walking Dead forums full of detailed problems listed by people was removed. The collection's immense issues varies across many areas in game design, but personally I can't give you too many elaborate examples.

There's some audio and especially graphical bugs, some missing conversations (the most common brought up is one between Clem and Christy by the train tracks), a nasty save bug, another nasty bug with the game altering past choices you already made and giving you different ones you didn't make (and btw attempting to fix the issue via restarting episodes will not always works. It can causes an endless loop of choices that you didn't make across multiple episodes. Some things I won't forget is how I wasted time replaying past episodes in S2 to try and fix choices that were changed outside my control, with the end result having required me to start from EP1 to avoid more past-episode alterations. It happened again in the following season, ANF, in which I replayed some middle episode three times in a row because my choices would not stay and I didn't want to start all over), removal of features like "next time on The Walking Dead" (episodes just transition into the next after a black screen) and rewinding—etc—absent music from the credit scenes of multiple episodes, and more.

Wish I could do a better job explaining, but I simply can't. It's too exhausting because of the overwhelmingly sheer variety of problems in the collection and because a lot of them I can't specify due to memory loss of precise matters, as I mostly remember the topics the issues fall under instead. I did manage to find a small selection of examples, though these are mostly kinda under the graphics category (the missing glass shard and stranger's car have been among the most popular discussed ones, even in general conv.): 

But yeah, the problems I listed and alluded too are very common. It's not one of those situations where I or a few people got super unlucky with some rare bugs. The collection is objectively, pathetically, unbelievably, tremendously, and unforgivably flawed, to the point where it's a complete and utter pass without question or argument, even if given free (which is how I got mine). You simply either. . . play the original games or the definitive collection. The original collection should be treated as non-existent, especially since it was actually delisted.

Is this a separate point? It's always been 4 games+400 Days DLC. The only "valuable" aspect of this collection is that it can be exploited for yet another among the many TWD platinums, but it is not worth even being used for so. The other (vastly superior) collection gives you all 5 games, which is all the games and anything else released before, plus brand new bonus content, like a music player, graphic filters, and more.

I think yours is an informative and fine explanation, thanks.  Being a big fan of the series, a gaming goal of mine is to plat every game, including the collection, which I ran out and bought on launch day, but haven't yet popped in.  As long as 100% is doable, which sounds true and is the reason for my inquiry, I'll attempt it, bugs and other offenses be darned.

Not a separate point, no.  I guess I was curious about the first three seasons plus the DLC working just fine before being put together, then something outside of the content must be the reason for your opinions, but it is evident the content underwent a change going from separate discs/digital offerings to the collection.  Weird to me, but hey, I'm not going to pretend to understand the goings on behind producing games.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...