(Ending) The Devil Trophy Glitched

MrMcGuyver377

Tried all four combos on the space station of accepting/refusing tests and signing/not signing contract and nothing worked. Anybody who got the trophy to unlock have ideas once what they did to get it to pop? Didn’t really do side missions before finishing campaign 

Edited by MrMcGuyver377

Having the same issue got the trophy for the other endings but no matter what I do the devil doesn't pop. Must be some requirement not fulfilled. One thing I'm worried about is that there is an objective in search and destroy to save takamuru and I'm not sure I done that. Do maybe now the trophy is unobtainable

• 3 weeks later...

It will take you about 20 hours to get to The Devil Trophy if you have to start over, because you missed rescuing the guy. I just did yesterday and I was right at 20 hours. I did a couple of side missions and the bare minimum before going in. I had no problem with the Final boss as I was playing on easy. I am not sure but I think the bosses are scaled to how powerful you are at the time. I went out of my way to get double jump before coming into the final mission. Did not seem to matter but I really had no idea what I was going against since I did the bare minimum to get there. I will get the Platinum on this game again when they release the official PS5 version hopefully they have a separate Trophy list.

On 12/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, deadlyvenom666 said:

Having the same issue got the trophy for the other endings but no matter what I do the devil doesn't pop. Must be some requirement not fulfilled. One thing I'm worried about is that there is an objective in search and destroy to save takamuru and I'm not sure I done that. Do maybe now the trophy is unobtainable

You need to save Takemura for the trophy

11 hours ago, mrslimee said:

It will take you about 20 hours to get to The Devil Trophy if you have to start over, because you missed rescuing the guy. I just did yesterday and I was right at 20 hours. I did a couple of side missions and the bare minimum before going in. I had no problem with the Final boss as I was playing on easy. I am not sure but I think the bosses are scaled to how powerful you are at the time. I went out of my way to get double jump before coming into the final mission. Did not seem to matter but I really had no idea what I was going against since I did the bare minimum to get there. I will get the Platinum on this game again when they release the official PS5 version hopefully they have a separate Trophy list.

Holy shit an entire 2nd playthrough consisting of 20 hours for one trophy? Damn, I've almost done every trophy and I'm at 50 hours (the game doesn't register loading times, time spent in inventory or when you play the other endings in your playtime so more likely at 60+ hours). That's a bummer. I'm already pretty done with the game because of the repetitive NCPD scanners and gigs, so much filler. I might just wait and play another game when I've done every trophy except The Devil, maybe CDPR will patch in a way to replay all main story missions or something? Doesn't seem like a reach because GTA V had it. 

Edited by Mathieumatic

11 minutes ago, Mathieumatic said:

Holy shit an entire 2nd playthrough consisting of 20 hours for one trophy? Damn, I've almost done every trophy and I'm at 50 hours (the game doesn't register loading times, time spent in inventory or when you play the other endings in your playtime so more likely at 60+ hours). That's a bummer. I'm already pretty done with the game because of the repetitive NCPD scanners and gigs, so much filler. I might just wait and play another game when I've done every trophy except The Devil, maybe CDPR will patch in a way to replay all main story missions or something? Doesn't seem like a reach because GTA V had it. 

Well technically it is for two trophies, that and the platinum :)

Don't worry I did the same thing as did many others it seems.  I realised not long after when I was playing as Silverhand, I thought I better check with Powepyx for any missable trophies and realised then.  I never had a save so I decided to restart the game and also wait for CD Projekt Red to release more patches.  The game doesn't make it clear that you can or should save him at the time so it is easy to miss especially as a lot is happening at that very point.

7 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

I doubt it, I have a separate save file just after ACT I to get back into it quicker. But if you rush main story and skip dialogues/gigs/NCPD stuff it is really not even 20 hours.

I'm not sure if you need double jump/charge-jump to reach Takemura so just-in-case spoilers below:

Spoiler

After you speak with Hanako in the Safehouse (I'm not sure if knocking 4 times as Takemura said when you arrive is required) and Arasaka troops attack you will fall down through the floor and Johnny will tell you to get up and run, you need to jump (!) back up a couple of floors though the holes in the ceiling to where you came from and help Takemura fight out of the situation alive. This will keep him around for The Devil ending/epilogue.

• 5 weeks later...