Help Me Decide On A Game

Annoyingtiger888

8 hours ago, running_Amok_86 said:

Kiwami is good, but the plat/100% is brutal

Just need to do the mahjong trophies, then the legendary playthrough. I thought the chase would be the worst, but I can’t imagine the attempts taking a 10th the time Mahjong will. Good news, if I can learn mahjong I can do all the Yakuza plats. Just need to learn the valid combinations.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

9 hours ago, Redgrave said:

It's really not that bad. It really just means enemies hit kind of harder and if you lose all your health you will have to load from a previous save. This is only really an issue for a couple of parts in 0 and Kiwami due to a car chase sequence you have to do but it shouldn't take more than a couple tries at best. In most of the games you can also earn some cheat items like an item that gives you unlimited Heat (special move meter) and a Golden Pistol which has unlimited ammo. It's pretty cathartic to use in Yakuza 3 after all the blocking the enemies do 1f61b.png

But alright, hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to playing it! And hopefully Chaosbane is fun too. 263a.png

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yakuza Kiwami for sure, it definitely has more gameplay than story/cut scenes.

More importantly you will enter into this wonderful franchise and think my god! Why wasn't I playing these games sooner :)

Does it? Hmm, maybe I was just unlucky with the parts I skipped to when I watched a playthrough. I like to skip to the middle of the video just to get a feel for the game and it seemed forever before I found gameplay itself, but maybe I was just skipping over them.

8 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

bruh

I know more people are saying Yakuza...please please play Ni no Kuni..it was so good

It's been on my list for a while because of Rob from Playstation Access. He loves that game and is always raving about it. Honestly, I probably will still buy it! Maybe I can catch it before the sale goes off hehe

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

NnK is super mediocre. Style over substance. 2 fixed 1's combat but it was rushed out so it had a fraction of the content. Then once they did add content via DLC it turns out to be shit.

Everyone will tell you to start the series with Yakuza 0 but starting with Yakuza 1 and then going back to play 0 is fine too.

Little Misfortune will probably drop down to $5 in the future.

I couldn't find 1 on the PS store, I figured since it was older it wouldn't be remastered for the ps4. 

You think so? That'd be cool since I played it already and it doesn't even have a platinum haha

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just need to do the mahjong trophies, then the legendary playthrough. I thought the chase would be the worst, but I can’t imagine the attempts taking a 10th the time Mahjong will. Good news, if I can learn mahjong I can do all the Yakuza plays. Just need to learn the valid combinations.

Mahjong is fun! Though I imagine it's much harder here than it is on a mobile phone app lmao I wish you luck, hope you get it soon!

2 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Oof is it really that bad?? Also, if I did decide to play both, would it matter which order I play in?

For me it was, yes. The characters you meet have no motivation, the map is lacking content, the story is nonexistent, the dialogues are cringy, the one liners annoying and the most fun lies in the city building aspect but not in the RPG itself.

15 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

For me it was, yes. The characters you meet have no motivation, the map is lacking content, the story is nonexistent, the dialogues are cringy, the one liners annoying and the most fun lies in the city building aspect but not in the RPG itself.

whats even worst is that Studio Ghibli isn't even involved with this one. I know I know why am I worried about the cutscenes made by Studio Ghibli? Those studdio ghibli style cutscenes in Ni No Kuni were the reason's I stuck to the game AND the story is beautiful. Better have a box of tissues on you when you play this game. 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 11:51 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Just need to do the mahjong trophies, then the legendary playthrough. I thought the chase would be the worst, but I can’t imagine the attempts taking a 10th the time Mahjong will. Good news, if I can learn mahjong I can do all the Yakuza plats. Just need to learn the valid combinations.

I just found it to be a frustrating plat that sucked a lot of my enjoyment out of the game.  The chase sequence, the karaoke, all the gambling games, collecting all weapons etc.  Seemed pointless.  Mahjong was a bit daunting but it can be learned pretty easily.  I found a video on Youtube that explained the basics (because the game didnt explain it at all I think) and from there it did not take long to get that done.  And the legendary run is easy as cake, easier than my first run.  I think there is a special move you can learn that can defeat enemies in 1 hit most of the time.

18 hours ago, running_Amok_86 said:

I just found it to be a frustrating plat that sucked a lot of my enjoyment out of the game.  The chase sequence, the karaoke, all the gambling games, collecting all weapons etc.  Seemed pointless.  Mahjong was a bit daunting but it can be learned pretty easily.  I found a video on Youtube that explained the basics (because the game didnt explain it at all I think) and from there it did not take long to get that done.  And the legendary run is easy as cake, easier than my first run.  I think there is a special move you can learn that can defeat enemies in 1 hit most of the time.

Yeah, learning mahjong wasn’t too hard. Got the full completion list. Got stuck on two of the climax battles though. I’ve moved to 2 and bought 3,4 and 5. Going to do the first playthrough of each for the story and completion lists to break up the gameplay. Will leave my legendary runs as the final plat on each game then run through them all when I feel like experiencing the story again.