Help Me Decide On A Game

Annoyingtiger888

Hey guys! So I've got 15 bucks to spend and want to get a game that's in the Holiday sale. The problem is that I suck at making decisions and I can't decide what game to get. I figured I would get opinions from you guys instead :D 

The choices are: 

- Warhammer: Chaosbane (I worry because there's a very hard mode trophy but it's not super important)

- Ni no Kuni II (Playstation Access always talks about this game and it's beautiful)

- Yakuza Kiwami (it will be my first Yakuza game and it seems more like reading/cutscenes than gameplay)

- Little Misfortune (I've played this on PC so I'm iffy about getting it on PS4 but I do want to eventually)

Out of these four, which do you recommend? Or is there another game that's on sale that you recommend instead? Thanks so much guys!

5x votes Kiwami

1x vote Ni no Kuni

Edited by Annoyingtiger888

I w

22 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Hey guys! So I've got 15 bucks to spend and want to get a game that's in the Holiday sale. The problem is that I suck at making decisions and I can't decide what game to get. I figured I would get opinions from you guys instead :D 

The choices are: 

- Warhammer: Chaosbane (I worry because there's a very hard mode trophy but it's not super important)

- Ni no Kuni II (Playstation Access always talks about this game and it's beautiful)

- Yakuza Kiwami (it will be my first Yakuza game and it seems more like reading/cutscenes than gameplay)

- Little Misfortune (I've played this on PC so I'm iffy about getting it on PS4 but I do want to eventually)

Out of these four, which do you recommend? Or is there another game that's on sale that you recommend instead? Thanks so much guys!

I would go for Ni no Kuni

• Like 1

Kiwami - 2 votes

Ni no Kuni - 1 vote

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Yakuza 0 should definitely be your first Yakuza game, not Kiwami. Though I don't think you're right that it's more reading/cutscenes than gameplay.

I was going to start with that one but it's not on sale :( Maybe I should just wait to start the series then so I can play them in Chronological order.

Chaosbane has co-op I believe so if you have someone to play it with I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult. But I haven't played it so I don't know what it all entails.

Ni no Kuni II's base game is fine but if you want to get the 100% for all the DLC then prepare to not only grind a lot but to deal with a difficulty spike. Personally I couldn't be bothered to do it all.

Yakuza Kiwami I do want to recommend and even though it has some lengthy cutscenes there is a lot of gameplay involved in the form of a variety of mini-games and combat encounters but I think it would be best to start with Yakuza 0 since it's a prequel and you will get better context for the events that happen in Kiwami and later games should you decide to play those too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Chaosbane has co-op I believe so if you have someone to play it with I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult. But I haven't played it so I don't know what it all entails.

Ni no Kuni II's base game is fine but if you want to get the 100% for all the DLC then prepare to not only grind a lot but to deal with a difficulty spike. Personally I couldn't be bothered to do it all.

Yakuza Kiwami I do want to recommend and even though it has some lengthy cutscenes there is a lot of gameplay involved in the form of a variety of mini-games and combat encounters but I think it would be best to start with Yakuza 0 since it's a prequel and you will get better context for the events that happen in Kiwami and later games should you decide to play those too.

I don't have anyone to play with. I watched a bit of playthrough and it reminds me of Path of Exile a little bit. It looks fun imo

I would like to 100% Ni no Kuni but I wouldn't be TOO bothered by it if I can't get them all. I don't really mind a long grind, I'm working on GTA 5 completion atm lol Difficulty spike, though? That worries me. I'm not the best so I try to avoid super hard games.

Hmm I'm thinking maybe I will wait then. It would be cool to start off from the beginning and play them proper because they do look like they have a good storyline.

14 minutes ago, acidkai_ak said:

I'd say Kiwami.  If you have 5 more dollars, I'd go for Yakuza 0.  As a person who completed all Yakuza games (8 of them), imo 0 is definitely the best.

I don't, but I'll look out for it the next time I get money or if it goes on sale c: 

1 hour ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

The choices are: 

5x votes Kiwami

1x vote Ni no Kuni

If I were you, I'll choose Yakuza Kiwami. There's a little bit of reading sure, but the story it's excellent. Gameplay wise, it's set in an open world full of different kinds of activities, side quests, ton of collectables & mini-games. Combat is the beast on it's own. Tons of combos, grapples, arena hazards & weapons, you name it. This game has everything (& some weird moments too).

Edited by kenseizenkai

Just now, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I don't have anyone to play with. I watched a bit of playthrough and it reminds me of Path of Exile a little bit. It looks fun imo

I would like to 100% Ni no Kuni but I wouldn't be TOO bothered by it if I can't get them all. I don't really mind a long grind, I'm working on GTA 5 completion atm lol Difficulty spike, though? That worries me. I'm not the best so I try to avoid super hard games.

Hmm I'm thinking maybe I will wait then. It would be cool to start off from the beginning and play them proper because they do look like they have a good storyline.

I think it's supposed to be more of a Diablo style game but my only experience with that is the demo for Diablo 3 forever ago. But yeah, those games always strike me as more fun with friends if they have co-op.

If I remember right one of the trophies or at least a couple of them involve having to play on Hard for whatever reason. The game initially didn't have a difficulty option but people complained about it being too easy so they added in a difficulty option which didn't feel very balanced. It's one of those difficulties where you spend more time in the menu using healing items in fights than actually fighting a boss because the boss will just kill you in one or two hits. Playing on Hard gives you better equipment but it didn't feel like it made any difference and I just didn't have the patience to grind especially since I didn't feel like it made much difference at all.

I would say go ahead and get Kiwami if you can and then get Yakuza 0 if it's on sale now or just wait until later. I think it's gone on sale fairly often but yeah the Yakuza games are really good in terms of story and gameplay and I highly recommend them if you want a good crime drama story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

If I were you, I'll choose Yakuza Kiwami. There's a little bit of reading sure, but the story it's excellent. Gameplay wise, it's set in an open world full of different kinds of activities, side quests, ton of collectables & mini-games. Combat is the beast on it's own. Tons of combos, grapples, arena hazards & weapons, you name it. This game has everything (& some weird moments too).

Yeah I remember seeing something about he also does Karaoke which sounds amazing haha It does sound like it'd be hard to get bored with it. Is the combat difficult? Or are there difficulty levels? Yakuza 3 is also on sale, I was thinking about that one too but everyone was saying Kiwami is the best (and 0).

10 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Kiwami

Iv only play Y3 but that tons of stuff to do in each one. 

Ni no 2 is good. But its a bit over rated. And i say that haven platinum it. And nearly 100% 

Dang dlc RNG 

Hmm maybe it's because the game looks so pretty. That's crazy

10 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I think it's supposed to be more of a Diablo style game but my only experience with that is the demo for Diablo 3 forever ago. But yeah, those games always strike me as more fun with friends if they have co-op.

If I remember right one of the trophies or at least a couple of them involve having to play on Hard for whatever reason. The game initially didn't have a difficulty option but people complained about it being too easy so they added in a difficulty option which didn't feel very balanced. It's one of those difficulties where you spend more time in the menu using healing items in fights than actually fighting a boss because the boss will just kill you in one or two hits. Playing on Hard gives you better equipment but it didn't feel like it made any difference and I just didn't have the patience to grind especially since I didn't feel like it made much difference at all.

I would say go ahead and get Kiwami if you can and then get Yakuza 0 if it's on sale now or just wait until later. I think it's gone on sale fairly often but yeah the Yakuza games are really good in terms of story and gameplay and I highly recommend them if you want a good crime drama story.

Yeah that's true. Especially if it gets hard, it's nice to have someone there to have your back.

Oh yeah I hate games like that ? I get too frustrated and just want to quit lol I always play on Easy mode if available because I just want to enjoy the game, I don't like the challenge personally. 

I played the demo for Kiwami 2 just to get a feel for it. It wasn't too bad and I certainly didn't hate it. Will I lose anything by not going in order? Ahhh this is so hard to choose why am I like this lmfao

3 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

out of those, easily Yakuza Kiwami, if that is your first Yakuza, you're in for a blast of a great adventure

Ahhh feck it. Everybody is saying Kiwami so I'mma do it :D thank you!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Yeah I remember seeing something about he also does Karaoke which sounds amazing haha It does sound like it'd be hard to get bored with it. Is the combat difficult? Or are there difficulty levels? Yakuza 3 is also on sale, I was thinking about that one too but everyone was saying Kiwami is the best (and 0).

I played the demo for Kiwami 2 just to get a feel for it. It wasn't too bad and I certainly didn't hate it. Will I lose anything by not going in order? Ahhh this is so hard to choose why am I like this lmfao

Ahhh feck it. Everybody is saying Kiwami so I'mma do it :D thank you!

I'll go ahead and answer the combat difficulty question too but the combat isn't really hard especially when you learn more techniques. Yakuza 3's combat is kind of rough around the edges at times but it's the first one that was put on PS3 so the combat wasn't as ironed out as it would have been in the later games. There are difficulty levels yes and all but Yakuza 7 (since it doesn't really have a difficulty except for NG+) require you to beat the game on the Legend difficulty which really isn't that hard since you can just play them in NG+. Yakuza 0 is the only one that doesn't let you for whatever reason but apart from one section it's not really hard either.

Kiwami 2, Judgement, Yakuza 6, and Yakuza 7 are on a different engine so the combat in those games will feel a bit different compared to 0, Kiwami, 3, 4, and 5. But like I said, I think it's better to start with 0 since you get better context to things that happen in Kiwami and the later games.

6 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I'll go ahead and answer the combat difficulty question too but the combat isn't really hard especially when you learn more techniques. Yakuza 3's combat is kind of rough around the edges at times but it's the first one that was put on PS3 so the combat wasn't as ironed out as it would have been in the later games. There are difficulty levels yes and all but Yakuza 7 (since it doesn't really have a difficulty except for NG+) require you to beat the game on the Legend difficulty which really isn't that hard since you can just play them in NG+. Yakuza 0 is the only one that doesn't let you for whatever reason but apart from one section it's not really hard either.

Kiwami 2, Judgement, Yakuza 6, and Yakuza 7 are on a different engine so the combat in those games will feel a bit different compared to 0, Kiwami, 3, 4, and 5. But like I said, I think it's better to start with 0 since you get better context to things that happen in Kiwami and the later games.

Legend difficulty sounds terrifying, not gonna lie lol I might give it a try if the game goes smoothly for me, I'm not too bothered if I can't get it.

So, I decided to go ahead and buy it since it's only 6 bucks (I was able to get Warhammer, too!) but I'm going to wait to play it until I can get 0. Thank you very much for your help and time, I appreciate it ^-^)/

That goes for everyone that replied, as well!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Legend difficulty sounds terrifying, not gonna lie lol I might give it a try if the game goes smoothly for me, I'm not too bothered if I can't get it.

So, I decided to go ahead and buy it since it's only 6 bucks (I was able to get Warhammer, too!) but I'm going to wait to play it until I can get 0. Thank you very much for your help and time, I appreciate it ^-^)/

That goes for everyone that replied, as well!

It's really not that bad. It really just means enemies hit kind of harder and if you lose all your health you will have to load from a previous save. This is only really an issue for a couple of parts in 0 and Kiwami due to a car chase sequence you have to do but it shouldn't take more than a couple tries at best. In most of the games you can also earn some cheat items like an item that gives you unlimited Heat (special move meter) and a Golden Pistol which has unlimited ammo. It's pretty cathartic to use in Yakuza 3 after all the blocking the enemies do ?

But alright, hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to playing it! And hopefully Chaosbane is fun too. ☺️

Yakuza Kiwami for sure, it definitely has more gameplay than story/cut scenes.

More importantly you will enter into this wonderful franchise and think my god! Why wasn't I playing these games sooner :)

Edited by enaysoft

NnK is super mediocre. Style over substance. 2 fixed 1's combat but it was rushed out so it had a fraction of the content. Then once they did add content via DLC it turns out to be shit.

Everyone will tell you to start the series with Yakuza 0 but starting with Yakuza 1 and then going back to play 0 is fine too.

Little Misfortune will probably drop down to $5 in the future.