PS5 hours played idea

rune12

Hi,

Unsure whether i am posting this in the right section, new to the forum but not to the website as a whole.

My idea is that given the PS5 tells us how many hours we have played a game then if possible the "fastest platinum time" section of a games leaderboards could be changed?

So for example, if i platinum a game in 30 hours game time but had days where i was busy and couldn't play then these days are counted, even though i am not actually playing. 

If i get one trophy everyday for a game with 50 trophies then it would show as *completed in 50 days* as opposed to let's say, 1 day 23 hours? 

Hopefully this makes sense, obviously this would only be possible on the PS5 but i'm not sure if you would require an API for that.

If it is not possible then don't worry, i just think it is a better representation of 'fastest platinum' as some of us work and have lives and aren't able to compete with people who don't sleep? so whilst someone platinumed it in less game hours, because they went to sleep or had a break it means they suffer because of it. 

I'm not a speedrunner or overly competitive, it is just an idea?

Thanks! 

Edited by rune12

6 minutes ago, rune12 said:

My idea is that given the PS5 tells us how many hours we have played a game then if possible the "fastest platinum time" section of a games leaderboards could be changed?

So for example, if i platinum a game in 30 hours game time but had days where i was busy and couldn't play then these days are counted, even though i am not actually playing. 

If i get one trophy everyday for a game with 50 trophies then it would show as *completed in 50 days* as opposed to let's say, 1 day 23 hours? 

Hopefully this makes sense, obviously this would only be possible on the PS5 but i'm not sure if you would require an API for that.

If it is not possible then don't worry, i just think it is a better representation of 'fastest platinum' as some of us work and have lives and aren't able to compete with people who don't sleep1f602.png so whilst someone platinumed it in less game hours, because they went to sleep or had a break it means they suffer because of it. 

I'm not a speedrunner or overly competitive, it is just an idea1f601.png

The times the PS5 shows are inaccurate at best and might be able to be manipulated.

While collecting those times might help prove an average time for a guide or walkthrough, having an unaltered first trophy pop time and final trophy pop time ends up being the actual fastest platinum time.

What you're looking to measure might be an interesting statistic maybe called cumulative game time, but until more information is available about how that time is captured and how much manipulation is possible, it wouldn't provide accurate numbers for any meaningful statistics.

More stats are always a good thing so this is worth implementing in the future. However, it is currently either bugged or not recording the proper amount of time for many titles. Until that is resolved, the numbers won't be that insightful.

But it would certainly help enhance the accuracy of the average completion time, as some guides are hit or miss in this regard.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

The times the PS5 shows are inaccurate at best and might be able to be manipulated.

While collecting those times might help prove an average time for a guide or walkthrough, having an unaltered first trophy pop time and final trophy pop time ends up being the actual fastest platinum time.

What you're looking to measure might be an interesting statistic maybe called cumulative game time, but until more information is available about how that time is captured and how much manipulation is possible, it wouldn't provide accurate numbers for any meaningful statistics.

Pretty poor response imo. The fastest times only shows fastest to 100% completion (I believe anyway) so it's not a good indication of how quick it is to get a platinum. 

Also, you can manipulate the time it takes to complete the game by popping a really long, grindy trophy first and breeze through the rest of them. That doesn't even include all the 1 second autopop plats. 

Not saying I think we need the feature, but the fastest times leaderboard is not a substitute. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Pretty poor response imo. The fastest times only shows fastest to 100% completion (I believe anyway) so it's not a good indication of how quick it is to get a platinum. 

Also, you can manipulate the time it takes to complete the game by popping a really long, grindy trophy first and breeze through the rest of them.

You don't think the Hours Played metric is inaccurate?

You are correct in that you can save your first popped trophy for as late as possible and setup the rest to pop afterward, but I was explaining them in reference to a lack of manipulation by way of altering timestamps.

If/when play times can accurately track exactly when the game is first launched all the way up to when the final trophy is popped, then this would be an interesting idea.