In4m471k3r

European version trophy guide

11 posts in this topic

I just learned that I cannot see the trophies I unlocked in the available trophy guide as it has been designed for the US version of the game and not for the EU version. Also I cannot see any differences between the trophies of the US version and the EU version.

 

So what to do? Is it necessary to do a copy&paste for the EU version? Can the existing version be adjusted to work with both versions of the game? Are there really different versions of the game?

I've no idea how to resolve this properly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that's just one of the shortcomings of this site. Guides are only ever connected to one version of the game.

 

There are no differences between the games so the guide can still be used, you just won't be able to see which trophies you've already unlocked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A copy & paste version will very likely not accepted, i tried that with Doom 3 PS3 to PS4 a few weeks ago. But a system update to make one guide tied to several trophy lists is on the list for features to be added in the future

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

There are no differences between the games so the guide can still be used, you just won't be able to see which trophies you've already unlocked.

 

That is exactly the problem I have and I don't want to just go with it.

 

17 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

A copy & paste version will very likely not accepted, i tried that with Doom 3 PS3 to PS4 a few weeks ago. But a system update to make one guide tied to several trophy lists is on the list for features to be added in the future

 

Good to know. How long is this on the requested features list?

I guess, it won't be any time soon this will be resolved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, In4m471k3r said:

Good to know. How long is this on the requested features list?

I guess, it won't be any time soon this will be resolved.

 

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this, or anything else on the requested features list ever happening.

 

This has been a problem since guides were added 7 years ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't make much sense to disallow a copy&paste version for the EU guide, if it is just a workaround for a flaw in the system.

 

@Evil_Joker88  Did you copy your own guide from PS3 to PS4 or was it the work of someone else? Maybe they deleted it to protect the individual work of another user?

Just one last idea to ask the creator of the US version guide to create a copy for the EU version. I do not need my name attached to this, I just want it to work with my version of the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a look here: [ PSNP+ v2.14 ] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more... - Page 22 - PC & Desktops - PSNProfiles

Read one of the last posts from Husky. He's managed to make it so that you can change whether it's the PS3 or PS4 trophy list. Might be similar to change from US to EU?
Or you could explain the issue and see if he can put it in a future update?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OpenScars said:

Take a look here: [ PSNP+ v2.14 ] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more... - Page 22 - PC & Desktops - PSNProfiles

Read one of the last posts from Husky. He's managed to make it so that you can change whether it's the PS3 or PS4 trophy list. Might be similar to change from US to EU?
Or you could explain the issue and see if he can put it in a future update?

 

Yes, this will work just fine with the script.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, In4m471k3r said:

It doesn't make much sense to disallow a copy&paste version for the EU guide, if it is just a workaround for a flaw in the system.

 

@Evil_Joker88  Did you copy your own guide from PS3 to PS4 or was it the work of someone else? Maybe they deleted it to protect the individual work of another user?

Just one last idea to ask the creator of the US version guide to create a copy for the EU version. I do not need my name attached to this, I just want it to work with my version of the game.

It was the guide from someone else but he gave permission to copy his guide with him being at least mentioned as original author which i did, i made him appear as author in the new guide. That wasn't the problem. I was told to rewrite everything to be allowed the guide to be published.

Edited by Evil_Joker88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guide linked is not even for this version of the game, as it doesn’t include the DLC trophies that are built in on the remastered trophy list.

 

Would’ve been be great to not have to revert to a guide on another site, whilst checking your progress here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OpenScars said:

Take a look here: [ PSNP+ v2.14 ] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more... - Page 22 - PC & Desktops - PSNProfiles

Read one of the last posts from Husky. He's managed to make it so that you can change whether it's the PS3 or PS4 trophy list. Might be similar to change from US to EU?
Or you could explain the issue and see if he can put it in a future update?

 

Yeah... that's a workaround I would have looked up next - thanks for saving me having to look for it.

It's sad to have to rewrite the page with an external script for this.

 

Just for anyone looking for the solution to my problem: using the extension mentioned in the thread and the script the user provides, adds a dropdown to the trophy guide page where you can choose to load trophy progress from another game. It suggests games you have trophys for, that fit to the trophy guide name and after selection, I can now see the progress for the EU version displayed in the guide for the US version.

 

Not the best solution, but works for me.
Thank you all, for the hints and information!

Edited by In4m471k3r
Additional information
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.