How Long to get ALL Trophies (Platinum + H1 & H2)

PhantomFear94

With the legacy lists for H1 & H2 being condensed to - basically - finishing levels and Level 20 mastery, how long would you suspect is the 1540G/Platinum + All DLC's for Hitman 3 would take, realistically? Not sure if it saves a lot of time by IO cutting all the fluff, or whether it makes little difference?

I've played Hitman 1 and 3, played it with my fiancee so haven't really deep-dived myself. Hitman 3, in particular, is REALLY good.

I appreciate this isn't a quick one. I am more than okay with a 80-ish hour completion (can do 3, then play something else, then come back to DLC), but much more than 100 hours is really unattractive for me. I get 15-20 hours per week max gaming time at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated!

(P.S. cheapest way to get Hitman 2, please? Can see a £8.99 hitman 1 Legacy version, but nothing for Hitman 2....)

Edited by PhantomFear94

I've not played 3 yet but my playtime on Hitman 2, so H1 and H2 combined, was 100hours or thereabouts.

The condensed trophies for 3 will make very little difference to the time played because the trophies taken out are mostly tied to challenges and the lions share of your XP gains for mastery trophies is going to be from doing the challenges so you'll be doing them anyway 

• Like 1

I just finished Hitman 1 the other week and am currently working on 2 so should be able to give a fairly good estimate on those two.

Hitman 1 took me about 40 hours according to PS5 play time. The sequel is probably going to be about the same, plus I have to play through all the Legacy pack on that as well.

With both of the first two games (excluding legacy content) coming to about 80-90 hours, I would guess Hitman 3 to probably be around the same ball park of 40 hours for the base game. It's likely a 100 hour plus completion based on this maths but I could be wrong.

I do think that if you've played Hitman 2 and completed it, you can transfer progress via a IOI account and autopop most of them for Hitman 3 but it doesn't sound like you've played it.

21 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I just finished Hitman 1 the other week and am currently working on 2 so should be able to give a fairly good estimate on those two.

Hitman 1 took me about 40 hours according to PS5 play time. The sequel is probably going to be about the same, plus I have to play through all the Legacy pack on that as well.

With both of the first two games (excluding legacy content) coming to about 80-90 hours, I would guess Hitman 3 to probably be around the same ball park of 40 hours for the base game. It's likely a 100 hour plus completion based on this maths but I could be wrong.

I do think that if you've played Hitman 2 and completed it, you can transfer progress via a IOI account and autopop most of them for Hitman 3 but it doesn't sound like you've played it.

22 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I've not played 3 yet but my playtime on Hitman 2, so H1 and H2 combined, was 100hours or thereabouts.

The condensed trophies for 3 will make very little difference to the time played because the trophies taken out are mostly tied to challenges and the lions share of your XP gains for mastery trophies is going to be from doing the challenges so you'll be doing them anyway 

Thank you to both of you. I haven't played either for achievement purposes, so would be completely from scratch. Not a hard no, but I may leave it until I'm really quiet or something. Have a few games on the bounce at the moment (Control, Little Nightmares II, Immortals) so not the best time for an 120-150 hour project ?

Edited by PhantomFear94

For 100% of the trophies, my estimate is probably in the region of 100-130 hours. (That's playing properly, not following guides etc. and figuring out your own SOSA runs.) 

You could probably shave 20 hours off that, if you specifically target unlocking some of the more useful gadgets early.(the Emetic Kalmer tranquilliser pistol, emetic grenade / remote emetic mine / electronic lock disabler / ICA Titanium crowbar / explosive Phone / A decent sniper rifle with 4x scope and suppressor / subsonic suppressed pistol)

Note- that also doesn't include playing any of the stuff not trophy related, such as Escalations, Elusive Targets, Special Assignments, the (excellent) Patient Zero campaign etc.

For 100% of the game? - I'm not there yet, and my play count across all 3 games is around 950 hours....

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I'm currently going through Hitman 2 and it usually takes me between 10-15 hours per location to finish it. But I'm going for full completion (meaning I'm doing all Escalation, Challenges and Extra Assignments) so if you're only going for the trophies it should take less time. I usually reach Mastery Level 20 around 1-2 hours after starting so at least for HITMAN 1 and 2 together it should be 40 hours if only going for trophies (time will depend if you decide to follow video guides or go blind).

I'm going to re-word the title, I specifically mean achievements/trophies not pure 100%. My understanding is Level 20 mastery = about 85% of challenges for the map.

Starting to get the impression 100 hours is possible. I've played 1 and 3 through before, not for Level 20 mastery, but I have a basic understanding of the levels/targets and story, so I could shave time there. Hitman 2 I'm clueless.

Many thanks.

Edited by PhantomFear94

19 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

My understanding is Level 20 mastery = about 85% of challenges for the map.

that’s broadly correct, yeah - it seems to vary somewhat - some maps (most in H3) it’s about 85-90%, some are less (I seem to recall Haven island being much lower - Mastery at like 60%ish of challenges)