Easist way for dropping SR and DR on 2021???

bdias10

When it comes to DR, according to this article on GT Planet ( https://www.gtplanet.net/unravelling-mysteries-gt-sports-driver-rating-system-improve/ ) it's relative to your position on the grid at the end of a race depending on where you started. If you aim to lower it, then you'll see results by finishing in a place lower than what you began with. So say you're in 4th place at the beginning of the race; if you intentionally let yourself come last, you'll see a dip. 

As for dropping SR, it's good that you don't want to hit people. There are certainly methods for lowering SR without causing trouble for the others; a good way is to let everyone pass you, and then rack up some penalties in the form of bumping walls and cutting corners. This is the cleanest method since it doesn't interfere with the other racers and ensures that everyone will still have a fair time. 

8 minutes ago, ellileon said:

The fastet way how i do it is to run for the first Place. If you can't win the race end the race on the last place. That will drop you're DR. To Drop the SR the fastest way is crashing every car you can. That will drop you to D - E very fast.

PLEASE don't hit other players... ? This is not a good idea in my opinion.  

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

When it comes to DR, according to this article on GT Planet ( https://www.gtplanet.net/unravelling-mysteries-gt-sports-driver-rating-system-improve/ ) it's relative to your position on the grid at the end of a race depending on where you started. If you aim to lower it, then you'll see results by finishing in a place lower than what you began with. So say you're in 4th place at the beginning of the race; if you intentionally let yourself come last, you'll see a dip. 

As for dropping SR, it's good that you don't want to hit people. There are certainly methods for lowering SR without causing trouble for the others; a good way is to let everyone pass you, and then rack up some penalties in the form of bumping walls and cutting corners. This is the cleanest method since it doesn't interfere with the other racers and ensures that everyone will still have a fair time. 

I apologize for the double post, I can't seem to include this quote in my edit. But, PLEASE don't hit other players... 1f613.png This is not a good idea in my opinion.  

I'm absolutly of your opinion. I feld bad every time i hit another player. But that was the fastest way to drop the rank. I had to do this around every 10 races so that i still had a chance to win the races.

I'm just done with it. Now i have to grind the last 3 Levels to level 50 ?

Edited by ellileon

1 hour ago, Shrooba said:

PLEASE don't hit other players... 1f613.png This is not a good idea in my opinion.  

Yes it works, i just cut corners like mad crazy and it dropped my SR. It takes some races. The skill gap is really high, managed to get 4 wins on 2 days. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2021 at 10:03 AM, Shrooba said:

There are certainly methods for lowering SR without causing trouble for the others; a good way is to let everyone pass you, and then rack up some penalties in the form of bumping walls and cutting corners. This is the cleanest method since it doesn't interfere with the other racers and ensures that everyone will still have a fair time. 

Is this method still working?

I've tried the same, cutting every possible corner at Laguna Seca. Ironically, I still gained SR in this race.

Anyway, I'm struggling to drop my DR significantly as well. 

On 11/04/2021 at 8:22 AM, Andre1993 said:

I've tried the same, cutting every possible corner at Laguna Seca. Ironically, I still gained SR in this race.

Easiest way is to hit other cars out the track, its unfortunate but i would try to win the race , in case you cant just hit the last place cars, it wont matter anyways since they are not going to win it

On 23/02/2021 at 6:01 AM, ellileon said:

The fastet way how i do it is to run for the first Place. If you can't win the race end the race on the last place. That will drop you're DR. To Drop the SR the fastest way is crashing every car you can. That will drop you to D - E very fast.

On 12/04/2021 at 1:09 PM, bdias10 said:

Easiest way is to hit other cars out the track, its unfortunate but i would try to win the race , in case you cant just hit the last place cars, it wont matter anyways since they are not going to win it

The faster and easiest way is just drop out of the race as soon as it starts.

Crashing and short cutting the track is slower, obnoxious and simply stupid.

• 6 months later...

My advice is to put in a qualifying time good enough to regularly start races on the front row, try to win (cleanly) and failing that, move over after the final corner of the race and let the field pass you by.

I tried to get the trophy legitimately, but because of how cynical many players are (and the game not punishing them), putting in the work required to win past A rank doesn't make sense in terms of obtaining the trophy somewhat efficiently. So I dropped down to mid B where I could reliably win a good number of races.

If you take this win-or-last approach from the start, the trophy should be relatively doable, depending on how experienced you are playing racing games. FYI I never tested how dropping out of races affects your DR relative to starting at the front and finishing last.

I should add that while this isn't in the spirit of the game, I did show people respect and won my races cleanly, usually against people of equal or superior skill. I really don't see how lowering your SR is going to help you get any trophies, and if you do want to lower it, nothing seems to lower it more than hitting barriers hard, so you still wouldn't have to be a jerk about it.

Seriously, though, if we think ruining people's games is acceptable to get trophies, we need to find a different hobby.

The importance of setting a good qualifying time can't be stressed enough. You really need to be starting at the front (most of the time) to stand a good chance of getting wins. This is especially true for races that have running starts (not Race A). Starting at the front in such races also makes it much less likely you'll get involved in any (first corner) nonsense.

If you go into the Qualifying Time Trial of any Sports Mode Race, you can load someone's ghost and watch their replay to see which braking points they use etc. which should help you get up to speed faster.

This is all doable playing on a pad.

Edited by fadingtrails
spelling
  • Like 2