I Wore Ofieri Before It Was Cool quest bugged

Jason-DFG

After finding the first underground lair in this quest and dealing with the enemys inside the quest does not want to move forward. I have noticed that the armor diagram isnt in the chest (red outlined) either. 

Is there any way to fix this bug other then restarting a new game as i'm trying to aim for a 100% game save.

I'm playing the EU version of the base game of witcher 3: wild hunt.

1 hour ago, Jason-DFG said:

After finding the first underground lair in this quest and dealing with the enemys inside the quest does not want to move forward. I have noticed that the armor diagram isnt in the chest (red outlined) either. 

Is there any way to fix this bug other then restarting a new game as i'm trying to aim for a 100% game save.

I'm playing the EU version of the base game of witcher 3: wild hunt.

I thought they fixed this bug years ago. I forget if there was a work around for it, but an alternative is to simply play the Hearts of Stone DLC as a stand alone. It gives you that option from the main menu and I hear it works by doing that if no one else has a sound idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I thought they fixed this bug years ago. I forget if there was a work around for it, but an alternative is to simply play the Hearts of Stone DLC as a stand alone. It gives you that option from the main menu and I hear it works by doing that if no one else has a sound idea.

It was fixed but then the devs broke it again a short time later and refused to re-fix it :(. There is a workaround though: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/258635-i-wore-ofieri-before-it-was-cool-glitched/?do=findComment&comment=6107642

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It was fixed but then the devs broke it again a short time later and refused to re-fix it :(. There is a workaround though: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/258635-i-wore-ofieri-before-it-was-cool-glitched/?do=findComment&comment=6107642

I did see about the work around i was hoping there was a fix for that quest as i wanted to do everything in 1 playtrough guess i will use the workaround then.

• 1 month later...

Ran into this one today, tried the posted workaround and it didn’t work either. Looks like the only other option is to start a stand-alone Heart of Stone playthrough and get them that way. Unfortunately that also requires you to do the Master Armourer quest, again. So stupid that CDPR never bothered to fix this properly, such a waste of time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swotam said:

Ran into this one today, tried the posted workaround and it didn’t work either. Looks like the only other option is to start a stand-alone Heart of Stone playthrough and get them that way. Unfortunately that also requires you to do the Master Armourer quest, again. So stupid that CDPR never bothered to fix this properly, such a waste of time.

The workaround for offierei is just start a new game + from Hearts of stone. then go do the bandit camp that bugs the quest first then clean up the rest of them. Then u go to the marchant and buy the other few weapons/ clothes then the trophy i wore offieri should pop.

Edited by Jason-DFG
wrong dlc imput

8 hours ago, Jason-DFG said:

The workaround for offierei is just start a new game + from Hearts of stone. then go do the bandit camp that bugs the quest first then clean up the rest of them. Then u go to the marchant and buy the other few weapons/ clothes then the trophy i wore offieri should pop.

You have to craft the armour after getting the plans, and that requires a Master Armourer who doesn’t exist in a new Hearts of Stone playthrough so you have to do that quest line as well. The Ofieri merchant doesn’t sell all the armour pieces as far as I can see, only the chest, sword, and horse gear.

Edit: can confirm that, if you start a standalone Hearts of Stone playthrough, you will also need to complete the Master Armourer quest that you start by talking to Fergus at Crow’s Perch before being able to craft the armour. Luckily this can be completed quite quickly so it’s not a huge inconvenience. Once you have completed the Master Armourer quest, and obtained the translated plans, horse equipment, and sword from the Ofieri merchant, you can speak to Yoana (beside Fergus) to craft the 4 required items. You do not need to buy the armour item from the Ofieri merchant, and you do not need to equip any of the armour or weapons (which is good because they require level 38 while your character is level 32).

Edited by Swotam

8 hours ago, Swotam said:

You have to craft the armour after getting the plans, and that requires a Master Armourer who doesn’t exist in a new Hearts of Stone playthrough so you have to do that quest line as well. The Ofieri merchant doesn’t sell all the armour pieces as far as I can see, only the chest, sword, and horse gear.

Edit: can confirm that, if you start a standalone Hearts of Stone playthrough, you will also need to complete the Master Armourer quest that you start by talking to Fergus at Crow’s Perch before being able to craft the armour. Luckily this can be completed quite quickly so it’s not a huge inconvenience. Once you have completed the Master Armourer quest, and obtained the translated plans, horse equipment, and sword from the Ofieri merchant, you can speak to Yoana (beside Fergus) to craft the 4 required items. You do not need to buy the armour item from the Ofieri merchant, and you do not need to equip any of the armour or weapons (which is good because they require level 38 while your character is level 32).

Oh that's odd i don't remember having to do that but has been awhile though. I had the quest for the offieri trophy bug so i did new game + done the bandit camps then did the race for the saddle and bought his items then i went to the mastercrafter at baron without having to do that quest.

Edited by Jason-DFG

• 3 months later...
On 2021/5/6 at 10:04 PM, Swotam said:

There's an alternative, if you don't want to go to Skellige to do the Master Armourer quest, just go to Toussaint for the Master Armourer who gives you Scavenger Hunt Quest, he can craft those armors as well. Getting to Toussaint (from standalone playthrough) is easy as the first bandit fight can be avoided by choosing the right option in dialogue. After easily killing the first mini boss Golyat in Toussaint by using crossbow, you are free to run to the Master Armourer which is located near the notice board in Gran'place.

Not sure which is route is faster because I haven't done the Master Armourer quest in Crow's Perch for a while.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 06/05/2021 at 3:04 PM, Swotam said:

thanks for this, back in the day i had problems with this quest, want to change the A to S and i will use this method , thanks again - stand alone play through here i come :D

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable, its still a glitchy quest. If you guys encounter this, you have no choice to ignore the quest after you loot the glitch chest with no diagram. Better start a new save or going straight to the hearts of stone DLC. I'm playing the witcher 3 wild hunt standard and bought the season pass for the DLCs. Fortunately, I didn't encounter this glitch in my first playthrough of my the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I got the plat on that version. It really bothers my playing experience if not getting 100 percent of the game.    

• 6 months later...
On 14/08/2021 at 11:41 AM, archangeltw_ said:

There's an alternative, if you don't want to go to Skellige to do the Master Armourer quest, just go to Toussaint for the Master Armourer who gives you Scavenger Hunt Quest, he can craft those armors as well. Getting to Toussaint (from standalone playthrough) is easy as the first bandit fight can be avoided by choosing the right option in dialogue. After easily killing the first mini boss Golyat in Toussaint by using crossbow, you are free to run to the Master Armourer which is located near the notice board in Gran'place.

Not sure which is route is faster because I haven't done the Master Armourer quest in Crow's Perch for a while.

Would recommend the method mentioned above. Just done it and it's definitely much much faster. Less than one hour starting a new game on Blood and Wine instead of Hearths of Stone. It also makes you start with 20k gold which is far enough to buy all the materials required directly from the master armorer in Toussaint.