Next Gen Upgrade: June 15th 2021

Sergen

The day has finally come for ZOS to actually upgrade this game to the next generation of consoles! This might mean that the game will also get a stack for the trophy list with no trophy list cap and hopefully those trophies will also autopop because the game will allow you to use your existing PS4 characters on the PS5 upgrade version.

More of the generic info about all that crap to do with game performance is here for anyone interested: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59775

To any of you who have the plat/100%, make sure you actually have the characters that fulfilled the in-game achievement still, I'm sure that's how the autopopping will work if it has a stack for the trophy list, by tracking your trophies done through in-game achievements earned on the character. Every trophy on the game has an achievement that also unlocks.

Of course the most important thing to those of you who don't want to look at the linked article is that the upgrade is available for "free" to anyone who bought the PS4 version previously, this also applies to the retail version of the game if you have a PS5 with a disc drive, no additional purchase required to get this upgrade for the PS5.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CaptainMonkster said:

I assume they'll update it so It'll share the same trophy list, anyone know for certain?

It will most definitely have a separate PS5 trophy list with identical trophies from PS4 lists 1 and 2.

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2021 at 1:49 PM, HusKy said:

It will most definitely have a separate PS5 trophy list with identical trophies from PS4 lists 1 and 2.

Not necessarily I guess. Taking Final Fantasy XIV as an example of another MMO which made a jump to PS5 recently - the PS5 version has different trophies. So who knows really until they reveal them.

I would actually love a new list, revised and tweaked. With nice trophy icons and minus the PvP stuff ?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Not necessarily I guess. Taking Final Fantasy XIV as an example of another MMO which made a jump to PS5 recently - the PS5 version has different trophies. So who knows really until they reveal them.

I would actually love a new list, revised and tweaked. With nice trophy icons and minus the PvP stuff 1f602.png

Right, but it will definitely be a separate list. PS5 games cannot share lists with PS4 afaik.

• 1 month later...