Why is the physical version of this game so expensive?

2 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Lulu and Nelke are expensive, but it looks like the other PS4 Atelier have increased too.

Nelke is indeed the one I spent the most on, and I think I was lucky to get it around $65. I haven't seen a Lulua copy drop below $100 though ? I wonder why these games seem to be rare. 

I'm only missing Lulua and Ryza 2 at this point

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Lulu and Nelke are expensive, but it looks like the other PS4 Atelier have increased too.

This^

The Atelier games have gotten silly expensive over the years but even recent titles like Atelier Ryza are hideously expensive to buy new or even second hand :(.

• Like 3

KT games it seems you have to buy right at launch, maybe they print low quantities especially since it's on switch now too?

I always buy Gust games on launch even though I haven't played my large Gust backlog very much as it is. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

KT games it seems you have to buy right at launch, maybe they print low quantities especially since it's on switch now too?

I always buy Gust games on launch even though I haven't played my large Gust backlog very much as it is. 

That's definitely what I'm going to have to start doing. I need to nab Ryza 2 before it becomes too hard to find... if it hasn't already ?

• Like 2

I managed to grab Lulua before it went out of print and spiked in price, I can still find Nelke for good price (UK copy). However, I missed out on Ryza as it never came down much in price. I suspect it had really low print runs and I suggest don't wait too long for Ryza 2 as it looks to be happening with that as well.

• Like 1