Want more modern-type controls settings?

15 minutes ago, frontzie said:

To make it easier moving whilst crouching (crouching seems to be hold only, can't find toggle) - I swapped the crouch and cycle visor mode. Feels a tad better, although I wish the controls were improved.

Unfortunately, there's no option to choose between toggling and holding both crouching and aiming, which feels unnatural in its current state. But you get used to it, and it's a pretty easy platinum trophy, aside from the Hard difficulty, so you'll be done with the game in about a day or two anyway.

If anything, I hope this is a trial run to see how much interest the audience is willing to invest in this port, so they can get production for a modern sequel greenlit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Unfortunately, there's no option to choose between toggling and holding both crouching and aiming, which feels unnatural in its current state. But you get used to it, and it's a pretty easy platinum trophy, aside from the Hard difficulty, so you'll be done with the game in about a day or two anyway.

If anything, I hope this is a trial run to see how much interest the audience is willing to invest in this port, so they can get production for a modern sequel greenlit.

I think Republic Commando has definitely better chances to get a sequel than The Force Unleashed and the Jedi Knight Series. Republic Commando can probably stil be canon, the others can't. I'm still surprised that they were allowed to do these ports, since disney is very canon focussed.

Edited by westersburg

21 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I think Republic Commando has definitely better chances to get a sequel than The Force Unleashed and the Jedi Knight Series. Republic Commando can probably stil be canon, the others can't. I'm still surprised that they were allowed to do these ports, since disney is very canon focussed.

Honestly it’d probably be a reboot, considering the games technically aren’t canon but Delta Squad is because they appeared in a episode of The Clone Wars. I doubt a new TFU or Jedi Knight game will ever release though

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, JoaLoft said:

I don't know how many of you are playing one of my favorite sleeper hits ever (even though it looks really outdated on modern consoles), but I noticed the controls settings are just massively clunky in the default settings. I can't understand for the life of me why they didn't update these to something more modern.

So, I'll share the controls the way I remapped them, which ended up feeling more along the lines of what the modern shooter standard feels like, ever since it was mainstreamed by the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Move: Left Stick

Look: Right Stick

Reload: Square Button

Jump: Cross Button

Use: Triangle Button

Melee: R3 Button

Cycle Detonators: L1 Button

Cycle Visor Mode: L3 Button

Fire: R2 Button

Throw Detonator: R1 Button

Zoom: L2 Button

Crouch: Circle Button

I know some people prefer to shoot with R1 so in that case, swap R1 and R2 and put the zoom function on L1 and the Cycle Detonators on L2.

I do this thing every time I play Resistance 1 and 2. There should always be the option to customize the controls, it's very helpful

• 1 year later...