JoaLoft

Want more modern-type controls settings?

8 posts in this topic

To make it easier moving whilst crouching (crouching seems to be hold only, can't find toggle) - I swapped the crouch and cycle visor mode. Feels a tad better, although I wish the controls were improved.

15 minutes ago, frontzie said:

To make it easier moving whilst crouching (crouching seems to be hold only, can't find toggle) - I swapped the crouch and cycle visor mode. Feels a tad better, although I wish the controls were improved.

Unfortunately, there's no option to choose between toggling and holding both crouching and aiming, which feels unnatural in its current state. But you get used to it, and it's a pretty easy platinum trophy, aside from the Hard difficulty, so you'll be done with the game in about a day or two anyway.

If anything, I hope this is a trial run to see how much interest the audience is willing to invest in this port, so they can get production for a modern sequel greenlit.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Unfortunately, there's no option to choose between toggling and holding both crouching and aiming, which feels unnatural in its current state. But you get used to it, and it's a pretty easy platinum trophy, aside from the Hard difficulty, so you'll be done with the game in about a day or two anyway.

If anything, I hope this is a trial run to see how much interest the audience is willing to invest in this port, so they can get production for a modern sequel greenlit.

I think Republic Commando has definitely better chances to get a sequel than The Force Unleashed and the Jedi Knight Series. Republic Commando can probably stil be canon, the others can't. I'm still surprised that they were allowed to do these ports, since disney is very canon focussed.

Edited by westersburg

21 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I think Republic Commando has definitely better chances to get a sequel than The Force Unleashed and the Jedi Knight Series. Republic Commando can probably stil be canon, the others can't. I'm still surprised that they were allowed to do these ports, since disney is very canon focussed.

Honestly it’d probably be a reboot, considering the games technically aren’t canon but Delta Squad is because they appeared in a episode of The Clone Wars. I doubt a new TFU or Jedi Knight game will ever release though